Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Trying to pull a variable out of an xml file... Post 302583643 by itkamaraj on Wednesday 21st of December 2011 01:39:38 AM
Old 12-21-2011
Code:

result=$(nawk -F"[<>,]" '/playlist/ {printf("%s,%s\n",$3,$4)}' input.xml)
var1=$(echo $result | cut -d, -f1)
var2=$(echo $result | cut -d, -f2)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pull xml's from logs

Hi Frnds I Want to pull xml's from logs based on the below condition.In each log having so many xml's it's taking so much of time to search all logs manually...can u please provide solution USER:ECMINT CONV:GETARPLNICHUBTST <CardNbr>376703134104004</CardNbr> </Envelope> Response XML:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pb18798
3 Replies

2. Programming

Accessing environmet variable in xml file

Hi I have certain environmenet variables defined in .profile: export DBNAME="mydb" export DBHOST="devbox.us.abc.com" export DBPORT="1111" export PASSWORD="mypwd" export MMUSER="myid" I also have an xml file defined like: <CONFIG> <DEFAULTS operator="oraread"> <PROPERTY... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeto
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I pull a substring out of a file?

I'm new to shell scripting and am trying to write a small script that pulls a substring out of a file that has a few lines of text in it. The file will eventually have a lot of text, I just put a few lines in it for testing purposes. Anyway, this is what I have so far... #!/bin/ksh ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: enator45
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How pull the Data from the file and should be mailed

Hi All, I need to pull the data from a file from 2 set of directories & should be mailed. I have a code , it is failing for some reason. Do somebody correct me where my script is going wrong. Directories: 1st Set of Directory /176_PS/Transactions/**/syslog.log ** : prd1 prd2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing data from xml file is failing can't open variable

Created a korn shell script, everything is is working except this section, the variable $SYSINFO is being set, but the NASIP & NASDEV are failing, it appears to be treating the config.xml file config directory and xml as the file. Need a second set of eyes to tell me where I am messing up. #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: juanb25
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

wish to use shell variable in xml file, is it possible?

greetings, i have an executable that reads its config from an xml file. this executable needs to be started as the current user. there is a line in the xml file that contains the following: <option name="USER_ID" value="myuserid"/>the current value is an actual user id (mine) as it was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse xml file in variable-string?

In the wake of the post: how-parse-following-xml-file Thank you for the very useful chakrapani response 302355585-post4 ! A close question. How to pass a file to xmllint in variable? For example, let it be: NEARLY_FILE='<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?><html><set label="09/07/29"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: OleM2k
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in Splitting a xml file into multiple and appending it in another .xml file

HI All, I have to split a xml file into multiple xml files and append it in another .xml file. for example below is a sample xml and using shell script i have to split it into three xml files and append all the three xmls in a .xml file. Can some one help plz. eg: <?xml version="1.0"?>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesan kulasek
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert value of env variable in xml file

Hello, I have the following variables set in my env echo $MY_XSD_FILE /home/jak/sample.xsd echo $MY_INTERVAL_VALUE 4 I want to insert them between the xml tags in my xml file cat sample.xml ::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::: <property name="FILE"></property> :::::::::::::::::::::::... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pull multiple XML tags from the same XML file in Shell.?

I'm searching for the names of a TV show in the XML file I've attached at the end of this post. What I'm trying to do now is pull out/list the data from each of the <SeriesName> tags throughout the document. Currently, I'm only able to get data the first instance of that XML field using the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
9 Replies
FBSQL_FIELD_TYPE(3)							 1						       FBSQL_FIELD_TYPE(3)

fbsql_field_type - Get the type of the specified field in a result

SYNOPSIS
string fbsql_field_type (resource $result, [int $field_offset]) DESCRIPTION
fbsql_field_type(3) is similar to the fbsql_field_name(3) function, but the field type is returned instead. PARAMETERS
o $ result -A result identifier returned by fbsql_query(3) or fbsql_db_query(3). o $field_offset - The numerical offset of the field. The field index starts at 0. RETURN VALUES
Returns the field type, as a string. This can be one of int, real, string, blob, and others as detailed in the FrontBase documentation. EXAMPLES
Example #1 fbsql_field_type(3) example <?php fbsql_connect("localhost", "_SYSTEM", ""); fbsql_select_db("wisconsin"); $result = fbsql_query("SELECT * FROM onek;"); $fields = fbsql_num_fields($result); $rows = fbsql_num_rows($result); $i = 0; $table = fbsql_field_table($result, $i); echo "Your '" . $table . "' table has " . $fields . " fields and " . $rows . " records <br />"; echo "The table has the following fields <br />"; while ($i < $fields) { $type = fbsql_field_type($result, $i); $name = fbsql_field_name($result, $i); $len = fbsql_field_len($result, $i); $flags = fbsql_field_flags($result, $i); echo $type . " " . $name . " " . $len . " " . $flags . "<br />"; $i++; } fbsql_close(); ?> SEE ALSO
fbsql_field_name(3). PHP Documentation Group FBSQL_FIELD_TYPE(3)