Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mysql query in shellscript
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mysql query in shellscript Post 302583296 by h@foorsa.biz on Tuesday 20th of December 2011 05:52:40 AM
Old 12-20-2011
Code:
ADV=$( mysql -h "$IP_ADDR" -u "$USER_NAME"  "$TABLE_NAME" -BNe" SELECT ADV FROM indata where inid='$INSTRUID' and  max(Date);" )

I think this is the minimalist fragment of code you can write to get what you want.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to query one to many mysql

Hi there, I have a hierarchical database that include 4 tables. Table A is the parent of B, B is Parent of C, C is parent of D. If I want to query everything in D that is associated with A.name, how do I do that? Thanks! YanYan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinkgladiator
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shellscript.query Oracle table..populate in a text file

Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum as well as to UNIX shell scripting. I'm looking for a shellscript to query an Oracle database table and populate the result set of the query in a text file. Could you someone help me out with a sample code? Thanks, Bhagat (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagat.singh-j
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

? parameter in mysql query

I am debugging some code and came across ? in the WHERE cause in a mysql query. Is this possible and what situations would this be used? SELECT ip, count FROM table WHERE domain=? thanks & regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
2 Replies

4. Web Development

mysql query help

hello all i have 2 columns every column in the following format column1 2011-04-01 11:39:54 column2 2019-02-03 00:00:00 i want get difference between above data as following 2 days 11:39 how to do so ? i tried many functions but nothing works please advice what is the query... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql query in shellscript

Hi, I want to access mysql query from database , for that i have tried the below code #! /bin/bash TABLE_NAME=database1 USER_NAME=root IP_ADDR=111.20.9.256 somevar=`echo "select altid from alert where altid='2724'"| mysql -h $IP_ADDR -u $USER_NAME $TABLE_NAME ` echo $somevar ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

6. Programming

mysql query help

Hello i have created mysql query to compare to values and get difference in percentage as following: SELECT file_name, 100 - ((100 * (SELECT file_count FROM xipi_files z WHERE x.file_group = z.file_group AND x.file_name = z.file_name AND z.insert_date = CURDATE( ) - INTERVAL 1 DAY)) /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mogabr
1 Replies

7. Programming

Need help in mysql query

Hi All, i have a table in mysql with the following data Table name Test Assettype Serial_No Status location Mouse 123456 In Stock chennai Mouse 98765 Allocated chennai Keyboard ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkitesh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need wrapper around mysql query

Hello Friends, I am using check_mysql_query plugin in nagios to query database and get output. query is working fine but output which i am getting contain query. I want to remove query from output and give custom message which will be simple and understandable. Can you help me here with any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghpradeep
5 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)