Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Invoking URL from Unix
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Invoking URL from Unix Post 302583272 by MeghaKhanna on Tuesday 20th of December 2011 04:44:10 AM
Old 12-20-2011
Invoking URL from Unix

I want to post an XML message to a http url from my unix shell script. I have already tried using CURL and XDG-OPEN commands but these commands have to be installed separately, which is not possible at my end.

Please suggest a way forward.
This User Gave Thanks to MeghaKhanna For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

invoking an Unix script from a C Program

How to invoke an Unix Script from C program? (or) How to invoke another C program from a C program? thanks Karthik (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fermisoft
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Command To Post An URL

Can I post a URL from the unix prompt? If so, what is the command. :) Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Say
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Posting a file from Unix to URl

HI Can you please help me,how to post a xml file from Unix to URL. Basically,i want to map contents of my file at an url Regards Pooja (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PoojaM
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

url calling and parameter passing to url in script

Hi all, I need to write a unix script in which need to call a url. Then need to pass parameters to that url. please help. Regards, gander_ss (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gander_ss
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoking Oracle stored procedure in unix shell script

Here's a shell script snippet..... cd $ORACLE_HOME/bin Retval=`sqlplus -s <<eof $TPDB_USER/april@$TPD_DBCONN whenever SQLERROR exit 2 rollback whenever OSERROR exit 3 rollback set serveroutput on set pages 999 var status_desc char(200) var status_code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hidnana
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoking one shell script from another unix box

Hello All, I have a shell script A which is in one unix box. Also i have a script B in another unix box. Now i'm struggling to find a way to invoke A shell script from B shell script. Is it possible to do this in any way..Request you anybody please help me in this point. Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
6 Replies

7. Web Development

Regex to rewrite URL to another URL based on HTTP_HOST?

I am trying to find a way to test some code, but I need to rewrite a specific URL only from a specific HTTP_HOST The call goes out to http://SUB.DOMAIN.COM/showAssignment/7bde10b45efdd7a97629ef2fe01f7303/jsmodule/Nevow.Athena The ID in the middle is always random due to the cookie. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EXT3FSCK
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk: print all URL addresses between iframe tags without repeating an already printed URL

Here is what I have so far: find . -name "*php*" -or -name "*htm*" | xargs grep -i iframe | awk -F'"' '/<iframe*/{gsub(/.\*iframe>/,"\"");print $2}' Here is an example content of a PHP or HTM(HTML) file: <iframe src="http://ADDRESS_1/?click=5BBB08\" width=1 height=1... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: striker4o
18 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading URL using Mechanize and dump all the contents of the URL to a file

Hello, Am very new to perl , please help me here !! I need help in reading a URL from command line using PERL:: Mechanize and needs all the contents from the URL to get into a file. below is the script which i have written so far , #!/usr/bin/perl use LWP::UserAgent; use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scott_cog
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoking sql server from UNIX

I would like to invoke a procedure in SQL server which will return some results of a select query from UNIX script. I would like to invoke this procedure and load the data into a flat file in UNIX. Can you please help? I am not able to find any sample programs in Internet. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhu.sushmitha
1 Replies
XMLSTARLET(1)                                                    xmlstarlet Manual                                                   XMLSTARLET(1)

NAME
xmlstarlet - command line XML/XSLT toolkit SYNOPSIS
xmlstarlet [<options>] [<command>] [<cmd-options>] INTRODUCTION
XMLStarlet is a set of command line utilities (tools) which can be used to transform, query, validate, and edit XML documents and files us- ing simple set of shell commands in similar way it is done for plain text files using UNIX grep, sed, awk, diff, patch, join, etc commands. This set of command line utilities can be used by those who deal with many XML documents on UNIX shell command prompt as well as for auto- mated XML processing with shell scripts. OPTIONS
--version Display the version of xmlstarlet. --help Display help. COMMANDS
Type: xmlstarlet <command> --help <ENTER> for command help Available commands include: ed (or edit) Edit/update XML document(s). sel (or select) Select data or query XML document(s) (XPATH, etc). tr (or transform) Transform XML documents(s) using XSLT. val (or validate) Validate XML document(s) (well-formed/DTD/XSD/RelaxNG). fo (or format) Format XML document(s). el (or elements) Display element structure of XML document. c14n (or canonic) XML canonicalization. ls (or list) List directory as XML. esc (or escape) Escape special XML characters. unesc (or unescape) Unescape special XML characters. pyx (or xmln) Convert XML into PYX format (based on ESIS - ISO 8879). p2x (or depyx) Convert PYX into XML. REFERENCES
XMLStarlet is a command line toolkit to query/edit/check/transform XML documents (for more information see http://xmlstar.source- forge.net/). AUTHOR
Mikhail Grushinskiy. XMLSTARLET(1)