Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dialog utility
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting dialog utility Post 302583229 by hergp on Tuesday 20th of December 2011 02:23:17 AM
Old 12-20-2011
dialog is part of many linux distros. Try
Code:
yum search dialog

or
Code:
apt-cache search dialog

This User Gave Thanks to hergp For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dialog output

is there a way to make dialog output chosen values to standard stream? or append to a file? thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhinge
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix / Linux Dialog Utility - how to open 2+ more dialog windows ?

Hi, example of Unix / Linux dialog utility is below. I am going to use dialog as simple GUI for testing of a modem. So I need to combine some dialog boxes into one. I need to have input box, output box, info box, dialog box, radiobox as in any standard program with graphical user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack2
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

dialog menu script. please HELP

hello. i want to create a useradd dialog menu. i cannot make a single menu with 4 box inputs ( user, pass, fullname, shell ) because the dialog utility is either limited or either i know to less about using the dialog utility. from what i see it only allows me to post these 4 boxes one by one,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: claudlu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a file using unzip utility for files zipped without zip utility ?

Hi, I need to zip/compress a data file and send to a vendor. The vendor does have only unzip utility and can accept only .ZIP files. I do not have zip utility in my server. How do I zip/compress the file so that it can be deflated using unzip command ? I tried gzip & compress commands, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to capture error while using dialog

I am not able to capture errors while I am using dialog. For example: dialog --gauge "Verifying file..." 10 75 < <( while read LINE do hash=$(echo $LINE | cut -f1 -d' ') directory=$(echo $LINE | cut -c 34-) PCT=$(( 100*(++i)/n )) echo $PCT md5deep -a $hash $directory >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yamanoorsai
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lftp with dialog

Hi all. I want to know, if there is any chance to pass lftp listing to CLI dialog. I want to make an interactive CLI ftp manager, based on lftp. Version of dialog I use: root@dlink:~# dialog -v cdialog (ComeOn Dialog!) version 1.1-20100428 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: n158
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dialog box

I know, I can run dialog command in my machine. But what I want to do is I wanna show the dialog box to some other Remote host. I connected to the remote system and used dialog command its shows the box in my terminal only. How can I display to that remote machine?? Any suggestions??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help... creating a script using Dialog

Hi , I just start to use Linux and i love it! I'm creating a project for school and is to create a script who ask the user to select and instal services like apache, dhcp, Samba, FTP etc... I create a menu using Dialog, just to make it better looking. I want to know how to retrieve the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajmaq
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Dialog forms

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I need to create dialog interface for adress book i created a while ago but i don't know how to read info from forms 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: #!/bin/bash knyga="adresu-knyga.txt" dialog... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasisken
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dialog utility

Hi, I am new to shell scripting, started learning script before one month. I can't understand the below script. dialog --title "Inputbox - To take input from you" --backtitle "Linux Shell\ Script Tutorial" --inputbox "Enter your name please" 8 60 2>/tmp/input.$$ In this script they are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raj1983
1 Replies
FLOCK(1)							  H. Peter Anvin							  FLOCK(1)

NAME
flock - Manage locks from shell scripts SYNOPSIS
flock [-sxon] [-w timeout] lockfile [-c] command... flock [-sxon] [-w timeout] lockdir [-c] command... flock [-sxun] [-w timeout] fd DESCRIPTION
This utility manages flock(2) locks from within shell scripts or the command line. The first and second forms wraps the lock around the executing a command, in a manner similar to su(1) or newgrp(1). It locks a specified file or directory, which is created (assuming appropriate permissions), if it does not already exist. The third form is convenient inside shell scripts, and is usually used the following manner: ( flock -s 200 # ... commands executed under lock ... ) 200>/var/lock/mylockfile The mode used to open the file doesn't matter to flock; using > or >> allows the lockfile to be created if it does not already exist, how- ever, write permission is required; using < requires that the file already exists but only read permission is required. By default, if the lock cannot be immediately acquired, flock waits until the lock is available. OPTIONS
-s, --shared Obtain a shared lock, sometimes called a read lock. -x, -e, --exclusive Obtain an exclusive lock, sometimes called a write lock. This is the default. -u, --unlock Drop a lock. This is usually not required, since a lock is automatically dropped when the file is closed. However, it may be required in special cases, for example if the enclosed command group may have forked a background process which should not be hold- ing the lock. -n, --nb, --nonblock Fail (with an exit code of 1) rather than wait if the lock cannot be immediately acquired. -w, --wait, --timeout seconds Fail (with an exit code of 1) if the lock cannot be acquired within seconds seconds. Decimal fractional values are allowed. -o, --close Close the file descriptor on which the lock is held before executing command. This is useful if command spawns a child process which should not be hold ing the lock. -c, --command command Pass a single command to the shell with -c. -h, --help Print a help message. AUTHOR
Written by H. Peter Anvin <hpa@zytor.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2006 H. Peter Anvin. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
flock(2) AVAILABILITY
The flock command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. flock utility 4 Feb 2006 FLOCK(1)