Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dialog utility
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting dialog utility Post 302583220 by vivek d r on Tuesday 20th of December 2011 02:07:57 AM
Old 12-20-2011
dialog utility

hi.. can anybody upload dialogue utility for linux 5.7... please.. its just under 1mb.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dialog output

is there a way to make dialog output chosen values to standard stream? or append to a file? thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhinge
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix / Linux Dialog Utility - how to open 2+ more dialog windows ?

Hi, example of Unix / Linux dialog utility is below. I am going to use dialog as simple GUI for testing of a modem. So I need to combine some dialog boxes into one. I need to have input box, output box, info box, dialog box, radiobox as in any standard program with graphical user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack2
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

dialog menu script. please HELP

hello. i want to create a useradd dialog menu. i cannot make a single menu with 4 box inputs ( user, pass, fullname, shell ) because the dialog utility is either limited or either i know to less about using the dialog utility. from what i see it only allows me to post these 4 boxes one by one,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: claudlu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a file using unzip utility for files zipped without zip utility ?

Hi, I need to zip/compress a data file and send to a vendor. The vendor does have only unzip utility and can accept only .ZIP files. I do not have zip utility in my server. How do I zip/compress the file so that it can be deflated using unzip command ? I tried gzip & compress commands, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to capture error while using dialog

I am not able to capture errors while I am using dialog. For example: dialog --gauge "Verifying file..." 10 75 < <( while read LINE do hash=$(echo $LINE | cut -f1 -d' ') directory=$(echo $LINE | cut -c 34-) PCT=$(( 100*(++i)/n )) echo $PCT md5deep -a $hash $directory >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yamanoorsai
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lftp with dialog

Hi all. I want to know, if there is any chance to pass lftp listing to CLI dialog. I want to make an interactive CLI ftp manager, based on lftp. Version of dialog I use: root@dlink:~# dialog -v cdialog (ComeOn Dialog!) version 1.1-20100428 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: n158
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dialog box

I know, I can run dialog command in my machine. But what I want to do is I wanna show the dialog box to some other Remote host. I connected to the remote system and used dialog command its shows the box in my terminal only. How can I display to that remote machine?? Any suggestions??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help... creating a script using Dialog

Hi , I just start to use Linux and i love it! I'm creating a project for school and is to create a script who ask the user to select and instal services like apache, dhcp, Samba, FTP etc... I create a menu using Dialog, just to make it better looking. I want to know how to retrieve the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajmaq
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Dialog forms

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I need to create dialog interface for adress book i created a while ago but i don't know how to read info from forms 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: #!/bin/bash knyga="adresu-knyga.txt" dialog... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasisken
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dialog utility

Hi, I am new to shell scripting, started learning script before one month. I can't understand the below script. dialog --title "Inputbox - To take input from you" --backtitle "Linux Shell\ Script Tutorial" --inputbox "Enter your name please" 8 60 2>/tmp/input.$$ In this script they are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raj1983
1 Replies
MESG(1) 							   User Commands							   MESG(1)

NAME
mesg - display (or do not display) messages from other users SYNOPSIS
mesg [option] [n|y] DESCRIPTION
The mesg utility is invoked by a user to control write access others have to the terminal device associated with standard error output. If write access is allowed, then programs such as talk(1) and write(1) may display messages on the terminal. Traditionally, write access is allowed by default. However, as users become more conscious of various security risks, there is a trend to remove write access by default, at least for the primary login shell. To make sure your ttys are set the way you want them to be set, mesg should be executed in your login scripts. ARGUMENTS
n Disallow messages. y Allow messages to be displayed. If no arguments are given, mesg shows the current message status on standard error output. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Explain what is being done. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. EXIT STATUS
The mesg utility exits with one of the following values: 0 Messages are allowed. 1 Messages are not allowed. >1 An error has occurred. FILES
/dev/[pt]ty[pq]? SEE ALSO
login(1), talk(1), write(1), wall(1), xterm(1) HISTORY
A mesg command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. AVAILABILITY
The mesg command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2014 MESG(1)