Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris zfs raidz2 - insufficient replicas Post 302583195 by skk on Monday 19th of December 2011 11:14:28 PM
Old 12-20-2011
zfs raidz2 - insufficient replicas

I lost my system volume in a power outage, but fortunately I had a dual boot and I could boot into an older opensolaris version and my raidz2 7 drive pool was still fine. I even scrubbed it, no errors. However, the older os has some smb problems so I wanted to upgrade to opensolaris11. I accidentally did the auto install option and it overwrote one of my data drives. This is really important data, but fortunately I have a raidz2, so how bad can it be?... BAD! Booting back into the earlier solaris version I cannot access my pool, This is what zpool status shows:

zpool status
pool: brick3
state: UNAVAIL
scrub: none requested
config:
Code:
    NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
    brick3      UNAVAIL      0     0     0  insufficient replicas
      raidz2    UNAVAIL      0     0     0  corrupted data
        c12d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
        c11d1   ONLINE       0     0     0
        c10d1   ONLINE       0     0     0
        c10d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
        c8t0d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
        c8t1d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
        c11d0   ONLINE       0     0     0

I tried to export and re-import it, and I get the following message:

zpool import brick3
cannot import 'brick3': invalid vdev configuration

please please please help, what do I do.

Last edited by Yogesh Sawant; 12-22-2011 at 03:13 AM.. Reason: added code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SDS and replicas

Hello, We are using Solstice Disk Suite on Solaris 2.7. We want to add two striped volume with six disks. On each disk, we take a slice and we create the stripe. That I want to know : Is it necessary to add two replicas on the same slice on the new disks, as made before on the others... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: christophe
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Insufficient permissions on ftp'ed files from WIN2K to HP-UX

We have an application running on Win2K and this application ftp files to HP-UX using ftpdc as user id. The files are created in HP-UX with following permissions: -rw-r----- 1 ftpdc users 968321 Apr 12 22:57 aaaa.txt There is a job that runs on HP-UX trying to modify this file using the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anamika
7 Replies

3. Solaris

insufficient metadevice database replicas ERROR

First I would like to thank this forum for assisting me in setting up my 1st sunbox. Could not have done it if it had not been for you guys and google :D I have mirrored my box and have SUCCESSFULLY tested booting from the rootdisk and rootmirror successfully. I am now looking at configuring... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem with DiskSuite replicas

Good morning, I have Solstice disk suite installed on my server. One disk broke so I sostitute it. A replica was present on this disk. I had delete and then recreate it with commands metadb -d and metadb -a. Now when I inquire for the status of replicas I see this: stp11# metadb -i ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonovox
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

insufficient available memory

Hi, when navigating on application webpages (peoplesoft applications) the users receive : INSUFFICIENT AVAILABLE MEMORY. I issued vmstat on UNIX server ( where is hosted Web server and application server and DB). Here is the result : :vmstat 2 10 System configuration: lcpu=4 mem=30720MB... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue with insufficient swap or memory space

Hi, When I execute one of my shellscript I am getting the below mentioned error message .This application takes 2input files which have the records counts 26463 and 1178046 exec(2): insufficient swap or memory available. exec(2): insufficient swap or memory available. exec(2): insufficient swap... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
3 Replies

7. Solaris

metadevices: how to test metadb (how to corrupt replicas/understanding replicas)

Hi all, I recently started exploring Solaris 10. I am testing metadevices now. I have been reading about the state databases here: 6.State Database (Overview) (Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide) - Sun Microsystems So I created 3 metadbs on 2 slices (6 in total; c1t1d0s3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deadeyes
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris Volume Manger - Database Replicas Question - Benefits of Increasing Default Size?

Hey all! I was hoping someone knew anything about this one... I know with Solaris Volume Manager the default Database Replica size is 8192 blocks (4MB approximately) Now I know you can increase this amount but is there any point? The reason I am asking this is that I've setup mirroring on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
2 Replies

9. Solaris

13 disk raidz2 pool lost

Hi guys, I appreciate any help in this regard, we have lost sensitive data in the company. One box with 2 disk mirrored and a 3ware controller handling 13 disks in a raidz2 pool. Suddenly the box restart and keeps "Reading ZFS config" for hours. Unplugging disk by disk we isolate the disk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tatxo
3 Replies
zdb(1M) 						  System Administration Commands						   zdb(1M)

NAME
zdb - ZFS debugger SYNOPSIS
zdb pool DESCRIPTION
The zdb command is used by support engineers to diagnose failures and gather statistics. Since the ZFS file system is always consistent on disk and is self-repairing, zdb should only be run under the direction by a support engineer. If no arguments are specified, zdb, performs basic consistency checks on the pool and associated datasets, and report any problems detected. Any options supported by this command are internal to Sun and subject to change at any time. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The pool is consistent. 1 An error was detected. 2 Invalid command line options were specified. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWzfsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
zfs(1M), zpool(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 31 Oct 2005 zdb(1M)