Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Create VNC Session on remote machine on which ssh access is denied Post 302583123 by bitlord on Monday 19th of December 2011 03:24:44 PM
Old 12-19-2011
Well VNC is installed by default on RHEL. If you have console access. How do you normally connect to the server? Do you have a co-worker that has access?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mac 10.4>terminal>linux remote server>ssh login accepted>session closed-why?

mac 10.4>terminal>linux remote server>ssh login accepted>session closed-why? AHHHH!! I have been connecting to the server with the line: ssh userid@website.com The remote server accepts my password; logs me in with ssh; posts a lovely welcome message AND closes the session. Is this a "term... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xprankard
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

executng program on remote machine using ssh

I am trying to search and remove files from a list of servers. I want to find every occurence of this file on each machine and then remove it. If I execute the find command on the remote machine I would like to be able to pipe the output to xargs and remove the file. Does anyone know hat would be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sewood
1 Replies

3. Solaris

VNC "Access denied"

Hi guys, I am having a problem with my VNC, Actually i am using my VNC session for last two month. but now it's show me the "Access denied" when i am trying to access it. I checked the logs, then i found it has blacklisted by server. error is something like "Connections: rejecting blacklisted... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
0 Replies

4. Linux

VNC "Access Denied"

Hi guys, I am having a problem with my VNC, Actually i am using my VNC session for last two month. but now it's show me the "Access denied" when i am trying to access it. I checked the logs, then i found it has blacklisted by server. error is something like "Connections: rejecting blacklisted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to reconnect to a disconnected remote ssh session

hi all How to reconnect to a disconnected remote ssh session on solaris 10 is there any way (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot create variables via ssh on remote machine

Hello to all Background info: Local machine : Linux, /bin/bash Remote machine (for the user used for ssh) : SunOs, /bin/ksh (so we have different OS, different Shells) My problem : From the local host i execute $ var=bla $ result=$(ssh -q user@remote-machine " > echo \"this is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
12 Replies

7. Red Hat

iptables applied in local machine, can't ssh remote machine after chain changed to DROP

I want to SSH to 192.168.1.15 Server from my machine, my ip was 192.168.1.99 Source Destination was UP, with IP 192.168.1.15. This is LAN Network there are 30 Machine's Connected to the network and working fine, I'm Playing around the local machine's because I need to apply the same rules in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input to while loop in remote machine using ssh

Hello I am writing a script in a local machine, i am using ssh, here i am not able to using back ticks & input file to while loop. here is my script ssh -q server1 a=`ps -ef | grep ccms | awk {print $1}` b=`ps -ef | grep mss | awk {print $1}` # above lines are not working, so i redirected... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanz143
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting SSH Output From Remote to Local Session?

Hi everyone, after about 2 days of scratching my head on this one, I'm finally ready to punt this and ask for some actual help. Here's the situation. We have 1 server, that runs multiple VM's. To gain access to those VM's we ssh from host01 to the other vm hosts. For example when we first log... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
4 Replies

10. AIX

Need to remote control client's ssh session

Is there a way that I can remotely control a user's ssh session so I can see what they are doing and walk them through the problem they are having on my AIX based application? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: De@nneG
2 Replies
vncconfig(1)						     Virtual Network Computing						      vncconfig(1)

NAME
vncconfig - configure and control a VNC server SYNOPSIS
vncconfig [parameters] vncconfig [parameters] -connect host[:port] vncconfig [parameters] -disconnect vncconfig [parameters] [-set] Xvnc-param=value ... vncconfig [parameters] -list vncconfig [parameters] -get Xvnc-param vncconfig [parameters] -desc Xvnc-param DESCRIPTION
vncconfig is used to configure and control a running instance of Xvnc, or any other X server with the VNC extension. Note that it cannot be used to control VNC servers prior to version 4. When run with no options, it runs as a kind of "helper" application for Xvnc. Its main purpose when run in this mode is to support clip- board transfer to and from the VNC viewer(s). Note that without a running instance of vncconfig there will be no clipboard support. It puts up a window with some checkboxes which can be used to disable clipboard transfers if required (in the future there may be more func- tions available from this window). The -nowin flag can be used if you always want clipboard support but don't wish to clutter the desktop with this window - alternatively the -iconic option can be used to make it iconified by default. When run in any other mode, vncconfig is a one-shot program used to configure or control Xvnc as appropriate. It can be used to tell Xvnc to connect or disconnect from listening viewers, and to set and retrieve Xvnc's parameters. Note that the DISPLAY environment variable or the -display option must be set as appropriate to control Xvnc. If you run it on an ordinary X server (or on a version 3 Xvnc) you will get an error message saying that there is no VNC extension. OPTIONS
-connect host[:port] Tells an Xvnc server to make a "reverse" connection to a listening VNC viewer (normally connections are made the other way round - the viewer connects to the server). host is the host where the listening viewer is running. If it's not listening on the default port of 5500, you can specify host:port instead. -disconnect This causes Xvnc to disconnect from all viewers so that the VNC desktop is not displayed anywhere. [-set] Xvnc-param=value Sets an Xvnc parameter to the given value. Note that some of Xvnc's parameters are read only once at startup so that changing them in this way may not have any effect. -list Lists all the parameters supported by Xvnc. -get Xvnc-param Prints the current value of the given Xvnc parameter. -desc Xvnc-param Prints a short description of the given Xvnc parameter. PARAMETERS
vncconfig also has parameters of its own which can be set on the command line. These should not be confused with Xvnc's parameters which are manipulated with the -set, -get, -list and -desc options. Parameters can be turned on with -param or off with -param=0. Parameters which take a value can be specified as -param value. Other valid forms are param=value -param=value --param=value. Parameter names are case-insensitive. -display Xdisplay Specifies the Xvnc server to control. -nowin When run as a "helper" app, don't put up a window. -iconic When run as a "helper" app, make the window iconified at startup. SEE ALSO
vncpasswd(1), vncviewer(1), vncserver(1), Xvnc(1) http://www.tigervnc.org AUTHOR
Tristan Richardson, RealVNC Ltd. VNC was originally developed by the RealVNC team while at Olivetti Research Ltd / AT&T Laboratories Cambridge. TightVNC additions were implemented by Constantin Kaplinsky. Many other people participated in development, testing and support. TigerVNC 17 Apr 2006 vncconfig(1)