Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SSH full shell script in 1 line. Post 302582982 by snreddy_gopu on Monday 19th of December 2011 08:25:20 AM
Old 12-19-2011
1)
Code:
Prompt> mkdir test & cp /home/testfile1.txt /test/testfile1.txt

In the above example the CP command will be executed only if the MKDir command was successful

2)
Code:
Prompt> mkdir test ; cp /home/testfile1.txt /test/testfile1.txt

In the above example the CP command will be executed REGARDSLESS if the MKDir command was successful or not.

the second one is executed. i have tried that one.
but when trying the same like for i in 1 2 3;do;echo $i;done; is not working.
i don't know why it is not working.

please anyone send the the solution for the above.

Last edited by zxmaus; 12-19-2011 at 10:39 AM.. Reason: added code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh using shell script

I need to ssh a server using shell script and run certain commands there. Please let me know how to do it . Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asth
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh in shell script

Hi all, I am trying to write a script in shell which can connect me to a remote server and run some commands my problem is i cant pass the password barrier.I read a lot of articles where bloggers have suggested not to use telnet and to use something more secure like ssh.I tried ssh but as soon... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pistachio
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use ssh execute other shell script on other host (shell script include nohup)?

i want use ssh on the host01 to execute autoexec.sh on the host02 like following : host01> ssh host02 autoexec.sh autoexec.sh include nohup command like follwing : nohup /home/jack/deletedata.sh & after i execute ssh host02 autoexec.sh one the host01. i can't found deletedata.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orablue
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing remote application using ssh without full reference to its location

Hello again :) , My script has an ssh command to run a script on a remote machine. The script has commands such as sqlplus and unzip. However, the return I get in my own terminal says it can't find sqlplus and unzip. the ssh command is: ssh user@host "cd ScriptDir; ./Script.sh" and the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jangozo
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH key works from CMD line not script

OK , .. This is an odd one. I have a new server and I need to have a tunnel open to it. I have this exact process running on a few others but this new one I just got is not allowing the script to connect. I set up my users account and ssh keys from the server that will host the tunneling i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffsandman0035
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH using shell script terminates the script execution

Hello, I am writing a shell script in which i do ssh to remote server and count the number of files there and then exit. After the exit the shell script terminates which i believe is expected behavior. Can some one suggest me a way where even after the exit the script execution resumes. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manaankit
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get full sql table data using shell script

i have a Oracle table like col1 col2 ---- ----- a 1 b 2 c 3 when i write a script for it , it gives me all the data in one column. Please give me the solution which gives the exact result like we see in sql editors. for a in `echo " set feedback off; set pagesize 40;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss135r
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read a text file line by line & process it...

Hi , I am trying to write an shell, which reads a text file (from a location) having a list of numbers of strictly 5 digits only ex: 33144 Now my script will check : 1) that each entry is only 5 digits & numeric only, no alphabets, & its not empty. 2)then it executes a shell script called... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_to_shell
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH on a Shell Script

Hello, I'm sure you'd have received a lot of questions like this, but I couldn't find anything relevant to my problem in the first search. Sorry in advance if this is a repeated question. I'm trying to do an SSH inside a shell script and expect the shell script to connect to a remote server... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathbalaji
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script - filter txt file full of ips

Hello again gentlemen. I would like to make a shell script to 'optimize' a plain text full of IPs. Let's suppose to have this text file: 1.192.63.253-1.192.63.253 1.0.234.46/32 1.1.128.0/17 1.116.0.0/14 1.177.1.157-1.177.1.157 1.23.22.19 1.192.61.0-1.192.61.99 8.6.6.6 I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: accolito
2 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)                                                BSD General Commands Manual                                               SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project