Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mysql query in shellscript
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mysql query in shellscript Post 302582978 by radoulov on Monday 19th of December 2011 08:08:11 AM
Old 12-19-2011
Code:
somevar=$( mysql -h "$IP_ADDR" -u "$USER_NAME"  "$TABLE_NAME" -BNe"select altid from alert where altid='2724'" )

This User Gave Thanks to radoulov For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to query one to many mysql

Hi there, I have a hierarchical database that include 4 tables. Table A is the parent of B, B is Parent of C, C is parent of D. If I want to query everything in D that is associated with A.name, how do I do that? Thanks! YanYan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinkgladiator
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shellscript.query Oracle table..populate in a text file

Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum as well as to UNIX shell scripting. I'm looking for a shellscript to query an Oracle database table and populate the result set of the query in a text file. Could you someone help me out with a sample code? Thanks, Bhagat (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagat.singh-j
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

? parameter in mysql query

I am debugging some code and came across ? in the WHERE cause in a mysql query. Is this possible and what situations would this be used? SELECT ip, count FROM table WHERE domain=? thanks & regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
2 Replies

4. Web Development

mysql query help

hello all i have 2 columns every column in the following format column1 2011-04-01 11:39:54 column2 2019-02-03 00:00:00 i want get difference between above data as following 2 days 11:39 how to do so ? i tried many functions but nothing works please advice what is the query... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql query in shellscript

Hi, I want to run below query on shellscript but having one problm. ADV=$( mysql -h "$IP_ADDR" -u "$USER_NAME" "$TABLE_NAME" -BNe" SELECT ADV FROM indata where inid='$INSTRUID' and Date='$latest Date';" ) here Date column contans different below dates 2011-12-01... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
11 Replies

6. Programming

mysql query help

Hello i have created mysql query to compare to values and get difference in percentage as following: SELECT file_name, 100 - ((100 * (SELECT file_count FROM xipi_files z WHERE x.file_group = z.file_group AND x.file_name = z.file_name AND z.insert_date = CURDATE( ) - INTERVAL 1 DAY)) /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mogabr
1 Replies

7. Programming

Need help in mysql query

Hi All, i have a table in mysql with the following data Table name Test Assettype Serial_No Status location Mouse 123456 In Stock chennai Mouse 98765 Allocated chennai Keyboard ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkitesh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need wrapper around mysql query

Hello Friends, I am using check_mysql_query plugin in nagios to query database and get output. query is working fine but output which i am getting contain query. I want to remove query from output and give custom message which will be simple and understandable. Can you help me here with any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghpradeep
5 Replies
MYSQL(1)						      General Commands Manual							  MYSQL(1)

NAME
mysql - text-based client for mysqld, a SQL-based relational database daemon SYNOPSIS
mysql [-B|--batch] [-#|--debug= logfile] [-T|--debug-info] [-e|--exec= command] [-f|--force] [-?|--help] [-h|--host= hostname] [-n|--unbuffered] [-p[pwd]] [--password=[pwd]] [-P|--port= pnum] [-q|--quick] [-r|--raw] [-s|--silent] [-S|--socket= snum] [-u|--user= uname] [-v|--verbose] [-V|--version] [-w|--wait] DESCRIPTION
The mysql program provides a curses-based interface to the SQL-based database server daemon, mysqld(1). Full fuller documentation, refer to the HTML documents installed with the package. OPTIONS
-B|--batch Print results with a tab as separator, each row on a new line. -#|--debug=logfile Employ the specified debug log. -T|--debug-info Print debug information upon exiting. -e | --exec=command Execute the specified command and quit (--batch is implicit). -f|--force Continue even if the face of a SQL error. -?|--help Display a help message and exit. -h|--host=hostname Connect to the specified host. -n|--unbuffered Flush the buffer after each query. -p|--password[=pwd] Employ the specified password when connecting to the database server. If a password is not supplied, it will be requested interac- tively. -P|--port=pnum Employ the specified port number for connecting to the database server. -q|--quick Do not cache the result; print it row by row. This may slow down the server if the output is suspended. -r|--raw Write fields without conversion. (used with --batch). -s|--silent Silent mode: reduce the amount of output. -S|--socket=snum Employ the specified socket file for connecting to the database server. -u|--user=uname Employ the specified user name for logging in to the server. -v|--verbose Verbose mode: write more Specifying this option twice produces a tabular output format. -V|--version Print the mysql version number and exit. -w|--wait Wait and retry if the database server connection is down. FILES
/depot/bin/mysql executable /depot/bin/mysqld executable /depot/bin/safe_mysqld executable shell script for starting mysqld safely /site/var/mysql/data location of database files EXAMPLE
You can also read a backup dump file back into MySQL with: mysql database < backup-file.sql SEE ALSO
isamchk (1), isamlog (1), mysqlaccess (1), mysqladmin (1), mysqlbug (1), mysqld (1), mysqldump (1), mysqlshow (1), msql2mysql (1), perror (1), replace (1), safe_mysqld (1), which1 (1), zap (1), AUTHOR
Ver 6.3, distribution 3.20.20 Michael (Monty) Widenius (monty@tcx.se), TCX Datakonsult AB (http://www.tcx.se). This software comes with no warranty. Manual page by R. P. C. Rodgers, Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communication, U.S. National Library of Medicine (rodgers@nlm.nih.gov). 13 June 1997 MYSQL(1)