Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) fetchmail and postfix mail setup on Snow Leopard - request for guidance Post 302582838 by dude2cool on Sunday 18th of December 2011 06:45:18 PM
Old 12-18-2011
So where is this "user@domain" ? is it a local user on your machine where you are running fetchmail?

Post output from postfix -n, lets see how your configuration looks like?

And tell us a little more about your setup. You are trying to download email from your pop3 server using fetchmail, so what's the end goal? do you want that email delivered to a local user or want to relay it to another domain.

If the user@domain is a local user, then I would put this line in fetchmail. This way when you download email with fetchmail, it will bypass postfix and just use procmail. Off course make sure you have /usr/bin/procmail Smilie

#
Code:
 You would use this to by-pass Postfix
 mda '/usr/bin/procmail -d %T'

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

MacPorts on Snow Leopard

Hello everyone. I was previously using MacPorts 1.8 on Mac OS 10.5.8 without any problems and everything was working well. I recently upgraded to Xcode 3.2 and Mac OS 10.6, since then my MacPorts installation has not been working at all. I deleted it and then reinstalled the .dmg from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HoldenCaulfield
1 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Alpine 2 on Snow Leopard

I've just installed Alpine on Snow Leopard but can't seem to get a default spell checker configured for it. What happened to spell? I can't find it at all on 10.6, must have been some changes. Does anyone know about the default unix spell checker on SL? Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: platz
0 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Installing Oracle 10g on Snow Leopard using this tutorial

This tutorial. Which is a lovely tutorial, really, and was working up until this instruction: Now download db.zip installation archive and place it somewhere and unzip it: mkdir Install cd Install # download db.zip to this directory unzip db.zip cd db/Disk1 I didn't know how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khayraB
1 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Problem with mail attachment in Snow Leopard

Hi, We have few scripts that are run through jobs . It sends us daily reports (using mailx). This was working fine in Leopard. But in Snow Leopard there is problem with the attachments.Neither the attachment name is being displayed correctly(all it displays is "Mail Attachment") nor the format... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adash
1 Replies
mysqmail-postfix-logger(8)				      System Manager's Manual					mysqmail-postfix-logger(8)

NAME
mysqmail-postfix-logger - logs smtp traffic to a mysql database SYNOPSIS
mysqmail-postfix-logger subprogram [ args ... ] DESCRIPTION
mysqmail-postfix-logger reads the syslog using tail -F and for each lines, does an action in a selected table in the selected mysql server (configuration done using /etc/mysqmail.conf). All messages that have been delivered are marqued as so in the from and in the to field of the smtp traffic table. mysqmail-postfix-logger uses a table corresponding to this one: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS smtp_logs ( id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, newmsg_id bigint(20) default NULL, bounce_qp int(11) default NULL, bytes int(11) NOT NULL default '0', sender_user varchar(128) NOT NULL default '', sender_domain varchar(128) NOT NULL default '', delivery_id bigint(20) default NULL, delivery_user varchar(128) NOT NULL default '', delivery_domain varchar(128) NOT NULL default '', delivery_success enum('yes','no') NOT NULL default 'no', time_stamp timestamp(14) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (id), UNIQUE KEY bounce_qp (bounce_qp), UNIQUE KEY newmsg_id (newmsg_id), KEY sender_domain (sender_domain), KEY delivery_domain (delivery_domain) ) TYPE=MyISAM; VERSION
This documentation describes mysqmail-postfix-logger version 0.1.4. See http://gplhost.com/softwares-mysqmail.html for updates. SEE ALSO
syslog(3), logger(8) mysqmail-postfix-logger(8)