Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading line1 with line2 and line 2 with line 3 in unix Post 302582712 by chethanbg2010 on Saturday 17th of December 2011 09:26:49 AM
Old 12-17-2011
Hi,

Thanks a lot it is working...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reading Particular Line From A File in Unix

Can any u pls tell me :- I want to read a particular line from a file, say line no. 10. This can be done by using awk..but that method I think, is inefficient. Is there any direct command for this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeheyaansari
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reading a line into a variable in unix

hi... i need to open a file and read it line by line, and capture that it in to some variable and manipulate... i need to get a line in to a variable please help :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lmadhuri
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file line by line and processing for each line

Hi, I am a beginner in shell scripting. I have written the following script, which is supposed to process the while loop for each line in the sid_home.txt file. But I'm getting the 'end of file' unexpected for the last line. The file sid_home.txt gets generated as expected, but the script... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarparadkar
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading line by line from unix script

Hi I am a complete newbie in unix. Learning the ropes. I have a task where I have to write a shell script to read a file line by line. I have tried some code from the net like. The file data looks like this. FIN427;2010003;2010003 FIN475;2010001;2010003 FIN476;2010001;2010003... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chamajid
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Problem in reading a file line by line till it reaches a white line

So, I want to read line-by-line a text file with unknown number of files.... So: a=1 b=1 while ; do b=`sed -n '$ap' test` a=`expr $a + 1` $here do something with b etc done the problem is that sed does not seem to recognise the $a, even when trying sed -n ' $a p' So, I cannot read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading text file, comparing a value in a line, and placing only part of the line in a variable?

I need some help. I would like to read in a text file. Take a variable such as ROW-D-01, compare it to what's in one line in the text file such as PROD/VM/ROW-D-01 and only input PROD/VM into a variable without the /ROW-D-01. Is this possible? any help is appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xChristopher
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading line by line from live log file using while loop and considering only those lines start from

Hi, I want to read a live log file line by line and considering those line which start from time stamp; Below code I am using, which read line but throws an exception when comparing line that does not contain error code tail -F /logs/COMMON-ERROR.log | while read myline; do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Help for reading line

Hi there, I am trying to read the content such that if there is 'adsmsext.dll', it will read everything from line one until it reads line 6 with 'C:' then it will terminate at line 5. 1. C:\WINDOWS\system32\adsmsext.dll NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users:R 2. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading Multi Line SQL in UNIX

Hello, Currently, I am reading few queries from the below .sql file --SOURCE TABLE NAME --SOURCE QUERY SEL COL1, COL2, COL3, COL4, COL5, COL6, COL7 WHERE COL5 = '2015-11-04 16:24:00.000000' FROM SOURCE TABLE; --TARGET TABLE NAME --TARGET QUERY SEL COLUMN1, COLUMN2, COLUMN3, COLUMN4,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronitreddy
4 Replies
casparize(1)							  USER COMMANDS 						      casparize(1)

NAME
      casparize - Set up caspar Makefile in a new directory

SYNOPSIS
      casparize dir (/path/to/config/dir)

casparize file (/path/to/config/dir/file)

DESCRIPTION
      casparize  creates  a  new  configuration  working directory in your current working directory, sets up a Makefile for caspar(7) in this new
      directory, and optionally copies an original configuration file from its original system place to the newly  created  configuration  working
      directory.

USAGE
      You typically use casparize when you already have created the root configuration working directory with its include directory and install.mk
      Caspar include file. By analysing your current working directory and the configuration directory path you give on  the  command  line,  cas-
      parize  can  deduce the contents of the Makefile in the newly created configuration working directory. It creates the new directory, creates
      the correct Makefile, and optionally copies the given configuration file in the new directory, ready for its first version commit.

EXAMPLES
      A typical example:

$ cd <svn>/etc
	$ casparize /etc/postfix/main.cf

creates the directory <svn>/etc/postfix, creates <svn>/etc/postfix/Makefile including the proper content,  and  copies  /etc/postfix/main.cf
      into <svn>/etc/postfix/main.cf. You can now directly add and commit the new directory.

BUGS
      Non known at this moment.

AUTHOR
      Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

SEE ALSO
      caspar(7) The caspar homepage is at http://mdcc.cx/caspar/ .

casparize 20120508						      8 mai 2012							casparize(1)