Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Broken Links in the Site Link Directory Post 302582708 by Scott on Saturday 17th of December 2011 08:05:57 AM
Old 12-17-2011
Broken Links in the Site Link Directory

(split from another thread)

Hi.

Can you please post a copy of the exact link you used?

I have no trouble accessing either the readme, or the link to "Featured Books and Articles by Active Forum Members - Links"

Thanks.

Last edited by Scott; 01-02-2012 at 05:58 AM.. Reason: For context, added link to originating thread

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

wget - force link conversion for all links?

Hello, In using wget with the -k option to convert links to relative URLs, I am finding that not all the links get converted in a recursive download, and when downloading a single file, none of them do. I am assuming that this is because wget will only convert those URLs for files it has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Allasso
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why do I have two links in my rc.3 directory?

Hi, I am doing a services audit on one of our servers at work and I notice that I sometimes have a service with two slightly different prefixes. For example, S94httpd K15httpd Can one of them be safely deleted? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync with --link-dest doesn't create hard links

I have been experimenting with rsync as a scriptable backup option, reading various example and tips pages, including Time Machine for every Unix out there - IMHO That page seems to describe the exact behavior I want: The ability to make a "full backup" snapshot regularly, but with rsync... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fitzwilliam
0 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Broken link FAQ date arithmetic with shell

page unix com/answers-frequently-asked-questions/13785-yesterdays-date-date-arithmetic.html Date Arithmetic with the Shell has link of www samag com/documents/s=8284/sam0307b/0307b.htm which is no longer. Is this the correct place to post this?:confused: and I got message... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dgerman
1 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Using this site with links

Hi, I would like to use links to view that site and post messages but sometimes I have problem which rely on that it is impossible to log in here from links level. That is, I give my login and password but when I request to that being proceed there appears a site on which there is written... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DavidMax
2 Replies

6. Web Development

Broken Link-Checking software/utility

Hi all - I work for an organization that maintains 40 web sites, which run on a UNIX box. We're looking for software that can sit on the UNIX box and check for broken links/orphans on all of our sites....we'd like to schedule it to run nightly and produce a report....anyone know of something that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dcasteve
1 Replies
File::Spec::Link(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     File::Spec::Link(3pm)

NAME
File::Spec::Link - Perl extension for reading and resolving symbolic links SYNOPSIS
use File::Spec::Link; my $file = File::Spec::Link->linked($link); my $file = File::Spec::Link->resolve($link); my $dirname = File::Spec::Link->chopfile($file); my $newname = File::Spec::Link->relative_to_file($path, $link); my $realname = File::Spec::Link->full_resolve($file); my $realname = File::Spec::Link->resolve_path($file); my $realname = File::Spec::Link->resolve_all($file); DESCRIPTION
"File::Spec::Link" is an extension to "File::Spec", adding methods for resolving symbolic links; it was created to implement "File::Copy::Link". "linked($link)" Returns the filename linked to by $link: by "readlink"ing $link, and resolving that path relative to the directory of $link. "resolve($link)" Returns the non-link ultimately linked to by $link, by repeatedly calling "linked". Returns "undef" if the link can not be resolved. "chopfile($file)" Returns the directory of $file, by splitting the path of $file and returning (the volumne and) directory parts. "relative_to_file($path, $file)" Returns the path of $path relative to the directory of file $file. If $path is absolute, just returns $path. "resolve_all($file)" Returns the filename of $file with all links in the path resolved, wihout using "Cwd". "full_resolve($file)" Returns the filename of $file with all links in the path resolved. This sub tries to use "Cwd::abs_path" via "->resolve_path". "resolve_path($file)" Returns the filename of $file with all links in the path resolved. This sub uses "Cwd::abs_path" and is independent of the rest of "File::Spec::Link". Object methods "new([$path])" create new path object: stores path as a list "path" returns path as a string, using catpath "canonical" returns canonical path, using canonpath "vol" returns volume element of path, see File::Spec->splitpath "dir" returns directory element of path, as a string, see File::Spec->splitpath "dirs" return list of directory components in path, see File::Spec->splitdir "pop" remove last component of the path "push($file)" add a file component to the path, ignoring empty strings "add($file)" add a component to the path: treating "updir" as "pop", and ignoring "curdir" and empty strings "split($path)" populate a path object, using splitpath "chop" remove and return a file component from path, an empty string returns means this was root dir. "relative($path)" replace the path object with the supplied path, where the new path is relative to the path object "follow" follow the link, where the path object is a link "resolved" resolve the path object, by repeatedly following links "resolvedir" resolve the links at all component levels within the path object Other class methods "canonpath($path)" Wrapper round File::Spec::canonpath, fatal if empty input "catdir(@dirs)" Wrapper round File::Spec::catdir, returns "curdir" from empty list "splitlast($path)" Get component from $path (using "chop") and returns remaining path and compenent, as strings. [Not used] EXPORT None - all subs are methods for "File::Spec::Link". SEE ALSO
File::Spec(3) File::Copy::Link(3) AUTHOR
Robin Barker, <Robin.Barker@npl.co.uk> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007 by Robin Barker This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2011-09-30 File::Spec::Link(3pm)