Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help in adding a data after a particular line of data in a file. Post 302582458 by michaelrozar17 on Friday 16th of December 2011 03:11:32 AM
Old 12-16-2011
Sed variant..
Code:
sed 's/pgmId.*$/&\nnew_data/' inputfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding data behind a line

Hi, I need to search for the line with the particular group name and add the user into the group. The file format is the same as /etc/group The code i wrote is egrep "^$newGID" $group >/dev/null FS=":" oldData=awk -F: '{print $3}' newData= "$oldData,$newUser" sed -n $4/$newData $group... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cherrywinter
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help for Adding Three new columns in existing file from fatching data from file

not required this time (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sandeep_Malik
36 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding the data at a specified location in a file....

Hi all, I m new to shell programming..Can anyone please guide me how to insert data at a specified location in the file.. I have a configuration file..I want to add data to it through script..I am able to do it...I get that data written at end of my configuration file..I want data to be placed at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: divya_flora
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding data in a file on same line

Hi, I have one file a.txt ,the contents of the file is A B C D E F and I have another file b.txt, the contents of the file is 1 2 3 4 5 6 now when I am using this command cat a.txt b.txt > c.txtI am getting the output as A B C D E F 1 2 3 4 5 6 but i need the output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prarat
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding the data before file extension

HI , I have a file with multiple lines like below, I need to check on column starting with #prototype if it has the .Number.txt extension do nothing else add 1.txt extension. Source data Jdbc_app_data :- sample data #prototype= sample data from test.1.txt application_id=122135... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Adding a data file

I need to add a data file, but my user account doesn't have privileges. I have connected to the oracle as sqlplus / as sysdba and it is telling me I'm connect to an idle instance. How can I connect to my database and create a data file if I don't know the passwords of any of the account that have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FaSho76
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mapping a data in a file and delete line in source file if data does not exist.

Hi Guys, Please help me with my problem here: I have a source file: 1212 23232 343434 ASAS1 4 3212 23232 343434 ASAS2 4 3234 23232 343434 QWQW1 4 1134 23232 343434 QWQW2 4 3212 23232 343434 QWQW3 4 and a mapping... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kokoro
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding data from a file based on some condition

I collect data in a file in below format(Month Day Year Size) in RedHat Linux. Now i want to calculate the data size date wise. As i code shell script after long time, i forgot the features and syntax. Can anyone help me regard this please. Feb 8 2014 15 Feb 10 2014 32 Feb 10 2014 32 Feb 12... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a comment in a file next to data

Dear Gurus, I have a file which comes every day with set of data, as a part of processing i want to add a comment at the start of every line. e.g of file <PCL> 2E;"HCA";"COP Car A";"ODBS_CFG" 7C;"DD";"Doors Car D";"ODBS_CFG" 3D;"XA";"Auxiliary Car A";"ODBS_CFG" 3E;"XB";"Auxiliary... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX help adding data to end of a line with a variable

I am trying to add a date variable to the end of each line. This is what I have to start with cat ${DATAPATH}/Participate_Stream${STREAMDATE}.dryak1.csv | grep ^',' | awk '{print $0}' >> ${DATAPATH}/badparticipant.csv This is what I tried $DATE is a variable I have defined. cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: req62861
3 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)