Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help in adding a data after a particular line of data in a file. Post 302582456 by ni2 on Friday 16th of December 2011 02:26:32 AM
Old 12-16-2011
Hi,

A quick search in this forum for "sed insert line after text" led to this https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...ding-text.html

Code:
$ echo "'pgmId' : 'UNIX',
'pgmData' : 'textfile',
'author' : 'admin'," | sed "/pgmId/ a\'moduleId':'DEFAULT'"

'pgmId' : 'UNIX',
'moduleId':'DEFAULT'
'pgmData' : 'textfile',
'author' : 'admin',

HTH

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding data behind a line

Hi, I need to search for the line with the particular group name and add the user into the group. The file format is the same as /etc/group The code i wrote is egrep "^$newGID" $group >/dev/null FS=":" oldData=awk -F: '{print $3}' newData= "$oldData,$newUser" sed -n $4/$newData $group... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cherrywinter
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help for Adding Three new columns in existing file from fatching data from file

not required this time (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sandeep_Malik
36 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding the data at a specified location in a file....

Hi all, I m new to shell programming..Can anyone please guide me how to insert data at a specified location in the file.. I have a configuration file..I want to add data to it through script..I am able to do it...I get that data written at end of my configuration file..I want data to be placed at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: divya_flora
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding data in a file on same line

Hi, I have one file a.txt ,the contents of the file is A B C D E F and I have another file b.txt, the contents of the file is 1 2 3 4 5 6 now when I am using this command cat a.txt b.txt > c.txtI am getting the output as A B C D E F 1 2 3 4 5 6 but i need the output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prarat
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding the data before file extension

HI , I have a file with multiple lines like below, I need to check on column starting with #prototype if it has the .Number.txt extension do nothing else add 1.txt extension. Source data Jdbc_app_data :- sample data #prototype= sample data from test.1.txt application_id=122135... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Adding a data file

I need to add a data file, but my user account doesn't have privileges. I have connected to the oracle as sqlplus / as sysdba and it is telling me I'm connect to an idle instance. How can I connect to my database and create a data file if I don't know the passwords of any of the account that have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FaSho76
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mapping a data in a file and delete line in source file if data does not exist.

Hi Guys, Please help me with my problem here: I have a source file: 1212 23232 343434 ASAS1 4 3212 23232 343434 ASAS2 4 3234 23232 343434 QWQW1 4 1134 23232 343434 QWQW2 4 3212 23232 343434 QWQW3 4 and a mapping... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kokoro
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding data from a file based on some condition

I collect data in a file in below format(Month Day Year Size) in RedHat Linux. Now i want to calculate the data size date wise. As i code shell script after long time, i forgot the features and syntax. Can anyone help me regard this please. Feb 8 2014 15 Feb 10 2014 32 Feb 10 2014 32 Feb 12... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a comment in a file next to data

Dear Gurus, I have a file which comes every day with set of data, as a part of processing i want to add a comment at the start of every line. e.g of file <PCL> 2E;"HCA";"COP Car A";"ODBS_CFG" 7C;"DD";"Doors Car D";"ODBS_CFG" 3D;"XA";"Auxiliary Car A";"ODBS_CFG" 3E;"XB";"Auxiliary... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX help adding data to end of a line with a variable

I am trying to add a date variable to the end of each line. This is what I have to start with cat ${DATAPATH}/Participate_Stream${STREAMDATE}.dryak1.csv | grep ^',' | awk '{print $0}' >> ${DATAPATH}/badparticipant.csv This is what I tried $DATE is a variable I have defined. cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: req62861
3 Replies
Graph(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						Graph(3pm)

NAME
SVG::Graph - Visualize your data in Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) format. SYNOPSIS
use SVG::Graph; use SVG::Graph::Data; use SVG::Graph::Data::Datum; #create a new SVG document to plot in... my $graph = SVG::Graph->new(width=>600,height=>600,margin=>30); #and create a frame to hold the data/glyphs my $frame = $graph->add_frame; #let's plot y = x^2 my @data = map {SVG::Graph::Data::Datum->new(x=>$_,y=>$_^2)} (1,2,3,4,5); my $data = SVG::Graph::Data->new(data => @data); #put the xy data into the frame $frame->add_data($data); #add some glyphs to apply to the data in the frame $frame->add_glyph('axis', #add an axis glyph 'x_absolute_ticks' => 1, #with ticks every one #unit on the x axis 'y_absolute_ticks' => 1, #and ticks every one #unit on the y axis 'stroke' => 'black', #draw the axis black 'stroke-width' => 2, #and 2px thick ); $frame->add_glyph('scatter', #add a scatterplot glyph 'stroke' => 'red', #the dots will be outlined #in red, 'fill' => 'red', #filled red, 'fill-opacity' => 0.5, #and 50% opaque ); #print the graphic print $graph->draw; DESCRIPTION
SVG::Graph is a suite of perl modules for plotting data. SVG::Graph currently supports plots of one-, two- and three-dimensional data, as well as N-ary rooted trees. Data may be represented as: Glyph Name Dimensionality supported 1d 2d 3d tree -------------------------------------------------------- Axis x Bar Graph x Bubble Plot x Heatmap Graph x Line Graph x Pie Graph x Scatter Plot x Spline Graph x Tree x SVG::Graph 0.02 is a pre-alpha release. Keep in mind that many of the glyphs are not very robust. PLOTTING
You need to create a SVG::Graph::Frame instance from the parent SVG::Graph instance for each set of data to be plotted. Datasets can be hierarchical, and to represent this, SVG::Graph::Frame instances can themselves contain subframes. SVG::Graph::Frame can contain: - multiple subframes as instances of SVG::Graph::Frame - a single SVG::Graph::Data instance - multiple SVG::Graph::Glyph instances with which to render the attached SVG::Graph::Data instance, and all SVG::Graph::Data instances attached to SVG::Graph::Frame subinstances See SVG::Graph::Frame and SVG::Graph::Glyph for details. ONE DATA SET 1. create an SVG::Graph instance 2. create an SVG::Graph::Frame instance by calling SVG::Graph::add_frame(); 3. create an SVG::Graph::Data instance, containing an SVG::Graph::Data::Datum instance for each data point. 4. Attach the SVG::Graph::Data instance to your SVG::Graph::Frame using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_data(); 5. Attach glyphs to the SVG::Graph::Frame instance using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_glyph(); 6. Call SVG::Graph::draw(); MULTIPLE DATA SETS 1. create an SVG::Graph instance 2. create an SVG::Graph::Frame instance by calling SVG::Graph::add_frame(); 3. create an SVG::Graph::Data instance, containing an SVG::Graph::Data::Datum instance for each data point. 4. Attach the SVG::Graph::Data instance to your SVG::Graph::Frame using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_data(); 5. Attach glyphs to the SVG::Graph::Frame instance using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_glyph(); 6. repeat [2-5] for each additional data set to be added. add_frame() can be called on SVG::Graph to add top-level data sets, or SVG::Graph::Frame to add hierarchical data sets. 7. Call SVG::Graph::draw(); FEEDBACK
Send an email to the svg-graph-developers list. For more info, visit the project page at http://www.sf.net/projects/svg-graph AUTHORS
Allen Day, <allenday@ucla.edu> Chris To, <crsto@ucla.edu> CONTRIBUTORS
James Chen, <chenj@seas.ucla.edu> Brian O'Connor, <boconnor@ucla.edu> SEE ALSO
SVG METHODS
new Title : new Usage : my $graph = SVG::Graph->new(width=>600, height=>600, margin=>20); Function: creates a new SVG::Graph object Returns : a SVG::Graph object Args : width => the width of the SVG height => the height of the SVG margin => margin for the root frame init Title : init Usage : Function: Example : Returns : Args : width Title : width Usage : $obj->width($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of width (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) height Title : height Usage : $obj->height($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of height (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) margin Title : margin Usage : $obj->margin($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of margin (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) svg Title : svg Usage : $obj->svg($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of svg (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) add_frame Title : add_frame Usage : my $frame = $graph->add_frame Function: adds a Frame to the current Graph Returns : a SVG::Graph::Frame object Args : a hash. usable keys: frame_transform (optional) 'top' default orientation 'bottom' rotates graph 180 deg (about the center) 'right' points top position towards right 'left' points top position towards left frames Title : frames Usage : get/set Function: Example : Returns : Args : xoffset Title : xoffset Usage : $obj->xoffset($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of xoffset (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) yoffset Title : yoffset Usage : $obj->yoffset($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of yoffset (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) draw Title : draw Usage : $graph=>draw Function: depends on child glyph implementations Returns : xmlifyied SVG object Args : none perl v5.10.0 2009-01-07 Graph(3pm)