Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Write array contents to file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Write array contents to file Post 302582434 by agama on Friday 16th of December 2011 01:00:56 AM
Old 12-16-2011
You can move your redirection to the end of the loop, and use a single redirection that will overwrite the file:

Code:
for j in "${array[@]}"
do
      echo $j 
done >tmp.txt

Last edited by agama; 12-16-2011 at 02:01 AM.. Reason: indention
This User Gave Thanks to agama For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I assign the contents of file into an array?

I am trying to assign the contents of file e.g ls "$HOME" into an array. If it is possible then please guide me without using the concept of awk,sed, and perl16 Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: murtaza
10 Replies

2. Programming

How to read and write directory or file contents in c++ ?

Dear Friends, I m beginner unix programmer. I want to know, how to read and write directory or file contents in c++ ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: namrata5
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare array contents with file

I have an array "arrA" with the following contents: A0012 Paint Shop.doc ES001 Contract Signature.doc Budget Plan.pdf TS PWS.pdf My data file "Files.dat" has the same contents: A0012 Paint Shop.doc ES001 Contract Signature.doc Budget Plan.pdf TS PWS.pdf I have a script that compares... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove spaces from first field, and write entire contents into other text file

Hi all, I have searched and found various threads about removing spaces from a field within a text file. Unfortunately, I have not found exactly what I'm looking for, nor am I adept enough to modify what I've found into what I need. I use the following command to remove the first line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: carriehoff
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - copy fiel contents to array then compare against other file

Basically to illuminate i want to take a file with mutliple lines, C:\searching4theseletters.txt a b c Read this into an array @ARRAY and then use this to compare against another file C:\inputletters.txt b o a c n a (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bradleykins
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Most reliable way to store file contents in an array in bash

Hi Guys, I have a file which has numbers in it separated by newlines as follows: 1.113 1.456 0.556 0.021 -0.541 -0.444 I am using the following code to store these in an array in bash: FILE14=data.txt ARRAY14=(`awk '{print}' $FILE14`) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues using array credentials to read contents of a file

Hi, I am trying to read the contents of a file using array credentials in unix. The file I am trying to read is tab separated and contains the below contents. # partnerid Direc Server Port Source_Dir Target_Dir Mask Remove Files Passwordless Compare Files ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aartikara
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Place the contents of a .CSV file to an array

Hi, I am trying to place the contents of a .CSV file to an array, but not sure how to do that. Here is my .CSV file content: App,SLA,Job name,Avg start time,Avg run time,Frequency,Downstream apps XYZ,,ABC14345,3:00 AM,00.04.00,Daily,STAMP XYZ,9:00,ABC12345,3:15 AM,00.05.00,Daily,STAMP ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Write terminal contents into a one file in UNIX

Hi guys, How to write terminal contents into a file in Unix operating system Actually I created GUI by using Gtk2-perl. I want to display data on GUI whatever the contents writing on terminal. So which command I have to use and where that command to be run I mean in shell script or Perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran425
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying To Write File Contents To Specfic .csv Cell

Hi, I'm attempting to write the entire contents of a file to a specific .csv cell. So far have only a nawk one liner that will write a value into a specific .csv cell. Trying to use man page but can't seem to get any farther. Any help would be appreciated. nawk -v r=2 -v c=3 -v val=5 -F,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
7 Replies
h5jam(1)						      General Commands Manual							  h5jam(1)

NAME
h5jam - Add a user block to a HDF5 file SYNOPSIS
h5jam -u user_block -i in_file.h5 [-o out_file.h5] [--clobber] DESCRIPTION
h5jam concatenates a user_block file and an HDF5 file to create an HDF5 file with a user block. The user block can be either binary or text. The output file is padded so that the HDF5 header begins on byte 512, 1024, etc.. (See the HDF5 File Format.) If out_file.h5 is given, a new file is created with the user_block followed by the contents of in_file.h5. In this case, infile.h5 is unchanged. If out_file.h5 is not specified, the user_block is added to in_file.h5. If in_file.h5 already has a user block, the contents of user_block will be added to the end of the existing user block, and the file shifted to the next boundary. If --clobber is set, any existing user block will be overwritten. EXAMPLE USAGE
Create new file, newfile.h5, with the text in file mytext.txt as the user block for the HDF5 file file.h5. h5jam -u mytext.txt -i file.h5 -o newfile.h5 Add text in file mytext.txt to front of HDF5 dataset, file.h5. h5jam -u mytext.txt -i file.h5 Overwrite the user block (if any) in file.h5 with the contents of mytext.txt. h5jam -u mytext.txt -i file.h5 --clobber RETURN VALUE
h5jam returns the size of the output file, or -1 if an error occurs. CAVEATS
This tool copies all the data (sequentially) in the file(s) to new offsets. For a large file, this copy will take a long time. The most efficient way to create a user block is to create the file with a user block (see H5Pset_user_block), and write the user block data into that space from a program. The user block is completely opaque to the HDF5 library and to the h5jam and h5unjam tools. The user block is simply read or written as a string of bytes, which could be text or any kind of binary data. It is up to the user to know what the contents of the user block means and how to process it. When the user block is extracted, all the data is written to the output, including any padding or unwritten data. This tool moves the HDF5 file through byte copies, i.e., it does not read or interpret the HDF5 objects. SEE ALSO
h5dump(1), h5ls(1), h5diff(1), h5import(1), gif2h5(1), h52gif(1), h5perf(1), h5unjam(1). h5jam(1)