Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting WWW:::Mechanize - Anyone have sample scripts? Post 302582391 by t0mb on Thursday 15th of December 2011 06:14:34 PM
Old 12-15-2011
WWW:::Mechanize - Anyone have sample scripts?

Hello, I am trying to get to learn WWW::Mechanize & have found alot of sample scripts (that dont work) so am wondering if anyone has any that do, I basically just learn from stripping current bits out seeing how they work etc.. etc.. -

if anyone can point me to somewhere that has a few good working ones for beginners it would be much appreciated Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

scripts/programs/code posted to www.unix.com

Every now and then our users post complete programs to this site. It is especially important that these contributions don't get lost, so I will collect them here. Some of these programs are intended to demonstrate a programming technique and some are ready to run. As a guideline, the code... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl WWW:Mechanize failing

So, I've just started learning Perl, and I've decided to read up on some modules. I encountered WWW::Mechanize, which interests me, so I decided to try out a couple of basic tutorials. One of them is found here. I tried what seems a very basic case: #!/usr/bin/perl use WWW::Mechanize; $url... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: treesloth
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sample scripts

Hi All' I'm a newbe, and just is started to learn unix. Where can I find a complete sample scripts? I looking for a sample scripts which log in at another unix host and and execute another script server side. Any input welcome (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ioniCoder
5 Replies

4. Programming

WWW::Mechanize Question

We've been running perl scripts using the www::mechanize module on a linux box with no issues, however we just implemented the same scripts on an aix machine, aix 6.1, perl 5.8.8, and I am running into the issue with Content_Encoding: gzip in the returned html. I can't read it in that it is coming... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: islanderman
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample Practical

Hello Today I had a beautiful test to write some commands using Ubuntu, now I want to make sure of my answers to be reassured, if I had a mistake please correct me List all files details under ubuntu Desktop. my answer: cd Desktop |ls -l Navigate to your Desktop directory and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: S4K
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample output

hi gurus , i want the command to get the output in the desired format . basically to convert columns to rows. please refer to the attachment. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading URL using Mechanize and dump all the contents of the URL to a file

Hello, Am very new to perl , please help me here !! I need help in reading a URL from command line using PERL:: Mechanize and needs all the contents from the URL to get into a file. below is the script which i have written so far , #!/usr/bin/perl use LWP::UserAgent; use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scott_cog
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Ubuntu / PERL ]Problem installing WWW::Mechanize mod

Hello everyone, I've got some problem intalling a perl module. The installation is well done as you can see below. gueg@ux31:~$ sudo apt-get install libwww-mechanize-perl Lecture des listes de paquets... Fait Construction de l'arbre des dépendances Lecture des informations d'état...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tot94
4 Replies
WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Keep(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	      WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Keep(3pm)

NAME
WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Keep - Leave an HTML field alone SYNOPSIS
use WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller; use WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Keep; my $f = WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller->new(); # Leave the login field untouched my $login = WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Keep->new( 'login' ); $f->add_value( login => $login ); # Alternatively take the following shorthand, which adds the # field to the list as well : my $sessionid = $f->add_filler( session => 'Keep' ); DESCRIPTION
This class provides a way to keep a value in an HTML field. new NAME Creates a new value which will correspond to the HTML field "NAME". name [NEWNAME] Gets and sets the name of the HTML field this value corresponds to. value FIELD Returns whatever "FIELD-"value()> returns. EXPORT None by default. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. Copyright (C) 2002,2003 Max Maischein AUTHOR
Max Maischein, <corion@cpan.org> Please contact me if you find bugs or otherwise improve the module. More tests are also very welcome ! SEE ALSO
WWW::Mechanize,WWW::Mechanize::Shell, WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller,WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value, WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Fixed, WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Default, WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Random, WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Interactive perl v5.10.1 2009-04-24 WWW::Mechanize::FormFiller::Value::Keep(3pm)