Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Troubles with reading SCSI reader media Post 302582370 by mark54g on Thursday 15th of December 2011 04:19:41 PM
Old 12-15-2011
A few questions...

Are you terminating the connection properly?
What driver are you loading for the card?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unrecovereable Erroor in reading SCSI dev 0

Hello ! Will someone pls help look into my problem and try to find a solution to it. I use Openserver 5.0.4. One of my user came in the Morning to find out that he can't boot the system successfully. The error is Unrecoverable error reading SCSI dev 0 dev 1/42 (ha=0 id=0 lun=0). From me l... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kayode
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compariosn troubles...

Hi Guys, I am trying to compare using if, but keep getting some strange results. if ; then keeps creating the file 1 if ; then does not work at all if ; then does not work if ; then does not work if ; then does not work eihter. I am using a ksh, on Solaris (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
9 Replies

3. Programming

Troubles with HPUX

Hello I created an application in c language for HP-UX operative system,and it runs on a 32 bits PARISC processor. My problem is that I have to run this same application but now in a 64 bits Parisc processor. But I am not able to compile the application with the 64 bit server, and I only could use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: masterboy6666
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Password Troubles

I'm very new to UNIX (I just started working with Terminal 2 days ago) and I don't know the system very well. I'm having trouble whenever I am asked for a password. I simply... can't type. I press keys on the keyboard but no characters appear on the screen. For example, when I log onto... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexmiller
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

if-statement troubles

I try to compare the day and month of someones birthday with the day and month of today, so my little bash script can send a mail to the person that has its birthday that day. The first line of the file birthdays looks like this: firstname,lastname,01/01/1990,.... The variable birthday's... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: doc.arne
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encoding troubles

Hello All I have a set of files, each one containing some lines that follows that regex: regex='disabled\,.*\,\".*\"'and here is what file says about each files: file <random file> <random file> ASCII text, with CRLF line terminatorsSo, as an example, here is what a file ("Daffy Duck - The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tukuyomi
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron troubles

I am aware this question has been answered time and again. I feel I have tried everything I have seen on the net and really need help to get this working. Same old story. Shell script, working from command but not from cron. I need my script to take values from a .properties file. Tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: airalpha
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and tr troubles

I am trying to make all the fields containing lower case letters upper case and the third field of a file display ** instead. I have this: awk '{printf "%s %s ** %d %d\n", $1, $2, $4, $5}' database.txt | tr '' '' < database.txt And that only changes it to upper case, other... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bungkai
4 Replies

9. BSD

PF troubles on OpenBSD 5.0

I am setting up a system as an ADSL gateway. ADSL is working fine. PF is not forwarding for some reason. # ifconfig lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 33196 priority: 0 groups: lo inet6... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Tate
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Troubles with OpenSSH

Hi, I am trying to login from one AIX server to another without using a password, a basic configuration, however it doesn't seem to work. All things are in place. I have both a public and private key in the ~/.ssh folder and also have an "authorized_keys" file on the target-server containing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hille
5 Replies
DUMMY_CS(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						       DUMMY_CS(4)

NAME
dummy_cs - PCMCIA dummy device driver SYNOPSIS
insmod dummy_cs.o [pc_debug=n] [free_ports=n] [irq_list=i,j,...] DESCRIPTION
The dummy_cs module has two purposes. It is intended as a demonstration of how to write the PCMCIA interface code for a client driver, and the source code is heavily commented. It is also written to function as a sort of generic ``point enabler'': when bound to any PCMCIA IO card, it will read the card's Configuration Information Structure, and configure the card appropriately. The configuration includes set- ting up IO and memory windows, configuring the card for interrupts, and initializing the card's PCMCIA configuration registers. It turns out that many cards report incomplete or inaccurate configuration information, due to vendor carelessness and the complexity of the data format. A vendor driver can generally take for granted many configuration details, so there is not much incentive for vendors to ensure that the on-card information is complete. Thus, the dummy_cs module is limited by its generality: since it makes no assumptions about card types, it is forced to rely on the card information, for better or worse. PARAMETERS
pc_debug=n Selects the PCMCIA debugging level. This parameter is only available if the module is compiled with debugging enabled. A non-zero value enables debugging. free_ports=n A flag indicating if the IO ports allocated for the card should be freed from the kernel resource maps. This is useful if the dummy driver is being used to configure a card in preparation for loading a specific PCMCIA-unaware driver. The default is 0 (false). irq_list=i,j,... Specifies the set of interrupts that may be allocated by this driver. AUTHOR
David Hinds - dahinds@users.sourceforge.net SEE ALSO
cardmgr(8), pcmcia(5). pcmcia-cs 2000/06/12 21:24:47 DUMMY_CS(4)