Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Creating a virtual Interface to recieve snmp traps Post 302582341 by verdepollo on Thursday 15th of December 2011 02:40:56 PM
Old 12-15-2011
When you say "virtually configure" you mean you want to create a VNIC?

Also, depending on the specific SNMP server requirement, creating a zone might be a better idea.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sending SNMP Traps in AIX / Unix

Hi, Just wondering if anyone knows how can I send an SNMP Trap in Unix Environment(AIX) to another machine (NT/Ux) after having activated the SNMP in the AIX. Can this be done by using a single command line or do I have to write a script for it? Thanks in advance for your advices. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goliath
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP-UX - how to create virtual interface

OS - HP-UX B.10.20 A 9000/777 Anyone know how to set up a virtual interface on HP-UX? I've looked quickly through docs.hp.com and searched this site. No luck. And my HP Guru is sleeping today. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehoghunter
4 Replies

3. Solaris

SNMP traps

Hello I am trying to check that SNMP traps could be sent from one server to other . I am running this command from receiving server to see it can receive it /usr/sbin/snoop udp port 162 and on the sending end I am running this commad cst051 UDP D=162 S=1480 LEN=120 but i am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ajwat
1 Replies

4. Linux

How to configure linux to receive snmp traps from a windows server?

Can anybody please tell me how to configure linux to receive snmp traps from a windows server? I am not able to receieve snmp traps on unix machines specifically linux and solaris. I have tried starting snmptrapd service on linux but it didn't work. Is there anything special that I have to do on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamtulipin
2 Replies

5. Solaris

List of SNMP Traps supported by Solaris 10

Hi, I want the list of SNMP traps supported by Solaris 10. DO anyone has the list prepared. Regards, Rajesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grrajeish
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

virtual interface

How would i create virtual interface in linux to configure more than one IP address for a physical interface? any help wll be appreciated. https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salil2012
1 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Shell Script - Generate SNMP Traps

Good morning to you all I´m kinda of a noob to scripting, and my knowledge is still very basic: anyway, I´ve developed a small .sh script with the following purpose: - it will check a result file, checking if it has any values, or if it´s empty - if it´s empty it will send an email What... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zarahel
0 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

SNMP Traps

Hi all, lately i managed to install SNMP agent on Solaris 9 & 10. The second objective is now to configure traps. However (since i'm totally new to the SUN world) i don't know a way of how to start. Can somebody help me with details? What is the first thing that you need to do to start trapping?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wizard_1979
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SNMP Traps

Hi, We are using Zyrion Traverse to monitor all the servers. I like to set the traps on all of the Linux servers to send the traps to that servers. So for on the /etc/snmp/snmp.conf file, this is what I have... ### SNMP Traps ### trap2sink x.x.x.x # Traverse server My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
4 Replies

10. Infrastructure Monitoring

SNMP traps to SNMP server

Dear Champs, I am new to unix, and need to configure linux server to send below traps to a SNMP server. Monitoring TRAP Disk Space Low Monitoring TRAP Memory Low Monitoring TRAP CPU high Monitoring TRAP Admin login/Logoff Please help me how to send this information to my SNMP server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stavar
2 Replies
Info::Layer2::HPVC(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Info::Layer2::HPVC(3pm)

NAME
SNMP::Info::Layer2::HPVC - SNMP Interface to HP VirtualConnect Switches AUTHOR
Jeroen van Ingen SYNOPSIS
# Let SNMP::Info determine the correct subclass for you. my $hp = new SNMP::Info( AutoSpecify => 1, Debug => 1, DestHost => 'myswitch', Community => 'public', Version => 2 ) or die "Can't connect to DestHost. "; my $class = $hp->class(); print "SNMP::Info determined this device to fall under subclass : $class "; DESCRIPTION
Provides abstraction to the configuration information obtainable from a HP VirtualConnect Switch via SNMP. For speed or debugging purposes you can call the subclass directly, but not after determining a more specific class using the method above. my $hp = new SNMP::Info::Layer2::HPVC(...); Inherited Classes SNMP::Info::Layer2 Required MIBs HPVC-MIB CPQSINFO-MIB HPVCMODULE-MIB All required MIBs can be found in the netdisco-mibs package. GLOBALS
These are methods that return scalar value from SNMP $hp->os() Returns hpvc $hp->os_bin() "cpqHoFwVerVersion.1" $hp->os_ver() "cpqHoSWRunningVersion.1" $hp->serial() "cpqSiSysSerialNum.0" $hp->vendor() hp $hp->model() "cpqSiProductName.0" Globals imported from SNMP::Info::Layer2 See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::Layer2 for details. TABLE METHODS
These are methods that return tables of information in the form of a reference to a hash. Overrides Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::Layer2 See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::Layer2 for details. MUNGES
SET METHODS
These are methods that provide SNMP set functionality for overridden methods or provide a simpler interface to complex set operations. See "SETTING DATA VIA SNMP" in SNMP::Info for general information on set operations. perl v5.12.4 2011-09-28 Info::Layer2::HPVC(3pm)