Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) [Solved] links2 --enable-graphics from source, configure error: no graphics driver found. Post 302582329 by Corona688 on Thursday 15th of December 2011 02:05:11 PM
Old 12-15-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterbaerchen
/usr/local/lib/:/usr/X11R6/:/usr/include/X11/:/usr/X11/lib/ are in the PATH
You dont put header file paths in PATH. PATH controls where you look for executables and only executables.

Try ./configure --help to see what options it lets you set. Paste its output here too please. configure can be, well, configured by the programmer to have lots of different custom options but at least deals with them in a fairly consistent way.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Graphics And Animation

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHY C OR ANY OTHER UNIX LANGUAGE IS USED IN THREE DIMENSIONAL ANIMATION AND RENDERING (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aloysius1001
5 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Graphics programing

Hi all! I`m new in Unix (Linux) and i whant to ask something! What language should i use for Linux developing.I meen applications an GAME DEVELOPING! Should i use C,TCL ??? Please help me on this ...:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sebastyan
1 Replies

3. Programming

Graphics libraries

I want to know if under Linux there are some graphics libraries and/or functions for using simple graphics in the 'console' screen. For example with MS-DOS (when I was using Borland Turbo C++ v1.01, a very old version) there was the include file <graphics.h> that allowed to enter the graphic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robotronic
1 Replies

4. Programming

graphics commands ? ? ?

Graphics in UNIX :D well how to include "graphics.h" header file ? how to make the text output in colour in sh programming. please feed in back ....... thanking you alll imma (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: immanuelgangte
2 Replies

5. Programming

2D Graphics Lib

Hi, I am on Fedora9 and need to do some simple 2D graphics (for game development). I am looking for an ideal 2D library/package to be used with GCC. I have come accross GRX, libmxi and some OpenGL (The 3D), but none of which seems to be ok. I could not find any tutorial or support material... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nasersh
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

graphics drivers

ok, right off the bat im going to say this, i know that there is about over 100 links on google for this, just none of them help me. i have a radeon mobility 7500 graphics card. and i want to enable the compiz effects via Administration/preferences/Appearance. the problem is that i can't get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
12 Replies

7. High Performance Computing

Graphics cards

More and more applications which consist of computationally intensive tasks rely on the graphics card's capabilities in order to speed up the calculations. The question is how can one know whether the graphics card will have any influence for a proprietary application? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

8. High Performance Computing

FFTW - ./configure --enable-mpi error.

Hello I am trying to install fftw3.3.3 on an HPC system. The system has openmpi installed ( though we can choose between a variety of mpi distributions). However, while ./configure step of fftw, there is an error. The relevant section of the output is: checking whether to build shared... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi34101
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Graphics Driver Support in Linux

It's not exactly a question and more of a discussion. I found very less graphics application being developed for linux system. I'm not really fond of graphics programming and have a very little knowledge about it. Can any one suggest me that whether linux lack in ghraphics support? or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kg_gaurav
2 Replies
XmGetPixmapByDepth(3X)													    XmGetPixmapByDepth(3X)

NAME
XmGetPixmapByDepth - A pixmap caching function that generates a pixmap, stores it in a pixmap cache, and returns the pixmap SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> Pixmap XmGetPixmapByDepth (screen, image_name, foreground, background, depth) Screen *screen; char *image_name; Pixel foreground; Pixel background; int depth; DESCRIPTION
XmGetPixmapByDepth uses the parameter data to perform a lookup in the pixmap cache to see if a pixmap has already been generated that matches the data. If one is found, a reference count is incremented and the pixmap is returned. Applications should use XmDestroyPixmap when the pixmap is no longer needed. If a matching pixmap is not found, image_name is used to perform a lookup in the image cache. If an image is found, it is used to generate the pixmap, which is then cached and returned. If an image is not found, image_name is used as a filename, and a search is made for an X10 or X11 bitmap file. If it is found, the file is read, converted into an image, and cached in the image cache. The image is then used to generate a pixmap, which is cached and returned. If image_name has a leading slash (/), it specifies a full pathname, and XmGetPixmapByDepth opens the file as specified. Otherwise, image_name specifies a filename. In this case XmGetPixmapByDepth looks for the file along a search path specified by the XBMLANGPATH envi- ronment variable or by a default search path, which varies depending on whether or not the XAPPLRESDIR environment variable is set. The XBMLANGPATH environment variable specifies a search path for X bitmap files. It can contain the substitution field %B, where the image_name argument to XmGetPixmapByDepth is substituted for %B. It can also contain the substitution fields accepted by XtResolvePathname. The substitution field %T is always mapped to bitmaps, and %S is always mapped to NULL. If XBMLANGPATH is not set, but the environment variable XAPPLRESDIR is set, the following pathnames are searched: %B $XAPPLRESDIR/%L/bitmaps/%N/%B $XAPPLRESDIR/%l/bitmaps/%N/%B $XAPPLRESDIR/bitmaps/%N/%B $XAPPLRESDIR/%L/bitmaps/%B $XAPPLRESDIR/%l/bitmaps/%B $XAPPLRESDIR/bitmaps/%B $HOME/bitmaps/%B $HOME/%B /usr/lib/X11/%L/bitmaps/%N/%B /usr/lib/X11/%l/bitmaps/%N/%B /usr/lib/X11/bitmaps/%N/%B /usr/lib/X11/%L/bitmaps/%B /usr/lib/X11/%l/bitmaps/%B /usr/lib/X11/bitmaps/%B /usr/include/X11/bitmaps/%B If neither XBMLANGPATH nor XAPPLRESDIR is set, the following pathnames are searched: %B $HOME/%L/bitmaps/%N/%B $HOME/%l/bitmaps/%N/%B $HOME/bitmaps/%N/%B $HOME/%L/bitmaps/%B $HOME/%l/bitmaps/%B $HOME/bitmaps/%B $HOME/%B /usr/lib/X11/%L/bitmaps/%N/%B /usr/lib/X11/%l/bitmaps/%N/%B /usr/lib/X11/bitmaps/%N/%B /usr/lib/X11/%L/bitmaps/%B /usr/lib/X11/%l/bitmaps/%B /usr/lib/X11/bitmaps/%B /usr/include/X11/bitmaps/%B These paths are defaults that vendors may change. For example, a vendor may use different directories for /usr/lib/X11 and /usr/include/X11. The following substitutions are used in these paths: The image name, from the image_name argument The class name of the application The display's language string The language component of the display's language string Parameter descriptions are listed below: Specifies the display screen on which the pixmap is to be drawn Specifies the name of the image to be used to generate the pixmap Combines the image with the foreground color to create the pixmap if the image referenced is a bit-per-pixel image Combines the image with the background color to create the pixmap if the image referenced is a bit-per-pixel image Specifies the depth of the pixmap RETURN VALUE
Returns a pixmap when successful; returns XmUNSPECIFIED_PIXMAP if the image corresponding to image_name cannot be found. SEE ALSO
XmDestroyPixmap(3X), XmInstallImage(3X), XmUninstallImage(3X) XmGetPixmapByDepth(3X)