Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using same variable in 2 different scripts that run at the same time Post 302582318 by PraveenSikamani on Thursday 15th of December 2011 01:25:13 PM
Old 12-15-2011
Data Using same variable in 2 different scripts that run at the same time

Hi,

I have two scripts that use the same variable. Say suppose I export that variable in script 1 and try to use it in script 2 where I have declared it locally, what will be the effective value of the variable? Will it take the exported value or the locally declared?

example:
Script1
ABC=$FILENAME
export ABC

Script2
ABC=XYZ.txt
echo $ABC --> what will be the output here

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run three scripts one after another automatically???

Hi !! How do u run three scripts one after another automatically using crontab command at some specified regular interval. Say i have three scripts A,B,C and i want to run the three scripts A followed by B followed by C. REQUIRE HELP URGENTLY Thanks in advance Arunava . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunava_maity
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to set the environment variable at run time

hi, I have one environment variable like path in my system.But in my program i need to change that path .suppose it has a value "config" now i need to chage it as "config1" or something else.i need to use that variable for complete project.It means at first it will use the old path but after... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sada@123
4 Replies

3. AIX

To run scripts

How to run a script from any directory? Should i include any environment or wat should i start with in writing a script ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rollthecoin
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run scripts....

I am going to run the scripts (filetest.sh) Its run with..... ./filetest.sh sh filetest.sh but not run with..... filetest.sh ( giviing error command not found) tell me the way how we can do it ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ani83_pune
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Picking contents value of file at run time based on variable values

HI, I have to write a unix script and need your help. in my application where I have to invoke this script a varialble is there where the value comes in a variable . for example variable can be var=ABC like this there will be any type of value in the vcariable. there is a unix directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish8484
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change Variable Value from Multiple Scripts and Use these Variable

Hi to All, Please find below details. file_config.config export file1_status="SUCCESS" export file2_status="SUCCESS" file_one.sh I am calling another two shell script from these script. I need to pass individual two script status (If it's "FAILED") to file_main.sh. file_main.sh I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: div_Neev
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accepting multiple values in a variable at run time

Hi, Below is starting entry of my script #!/bin/ksh Usage() { print "Usage: $0 ID OPTION SERVER" print "<br>Where :" print "<br>Enter your ID into PARAM1, OPTION in the PARAM2 and SERVER in the PARAM3 field" print "<br>ID should be a valid ID" print "<br>OPTION should be either... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopajitmalakar
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scripts can be run manually but couldn't run with cronjobs

I am from MQ/MB technology. My requirement is to display the queue manger and broker status on daily basis. If I manually run the script, it works fine and displays output. But when I have scheduled the same using cronjobs it shows only the queue manger status and not the broker status. Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha M
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a sequence of scripts?

Assume I want to run a sequence of scripts: script0001.sh script0002.sh script0003.sh ... script0122.sh script0123.sh I only know a little Linux scripting, so the following is the best I can write for k in $(seq 1 123) do ./script${k}.sh done Of course it doesn't work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzzhhh
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run 2 python scripts at the same time side by side on the same line?

Could I run 2 python scripts at the same time side by side output on the same line in this same format but with scripts? from itertools import izip_longest with open("file1") as textfile1, open("file2") as textfile2: for x, y in izip_longest(textfile1, textfile2, fillvalue=""): x =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigvito19
4 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)