Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: "unexpected end of file"
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers "unexpected end of file" Post 302582245 by lucasvs on Thursday 15th of December 2011 08:05:29 AM
Old 12-15-2011
I just try to simplify to be the clearest as possible.

lines in my file.txt look like that:
xxxxyyyyyyyyyyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

where:
"xxxx" can be any number between 0000 and 9999 (but I don't need it),
"yyyyyyyyyy" is the string that I want to extract only if one of the 50 patterns is present in "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz".

"xxxx" are numbers,
"yyyyyyyyyy" and "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" can contain anything (number, letters, symbols).

The egrep and cut commands work individually.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

"unexpected end of file" when Iīm use EOF inside block if

I have a trouble in my script when i use EOF inside block if. If i use EOF whitout block if I donīt have problem. Guys any ideas? Sorry for my terrible English. #!/bin/sh set -xv HOST='ftp.fiction.com.br' USER='fictionuser' PASS='fictionpass' FILE='ftpteste.txt' busca=`find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricardo.ludwig
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Unexpected end of file" on a very simple script!!!

Well, this is a very crazy issue, and I'm scratching my head to find a solution. This is a simple code to tranfer a file, in my main script I need to add a conditional statement (IF/THEN) like the below example: #!/bin/bash if ; then ftp -inv "192.168.1.10" << EOFTP user... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with error "syntax error: unexpected end of file"

Hi Techies, can anyone please debug the following Script and let me know what is going wrong here. im getting the following error #!/usr/bin/bash # ############################################################################################## # # Variables # #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with FTP Script which is causing "syntax error: unexpected end of file" Error

Hi All, Please hav a look at the below peice of script and let me know if there are any syntax errors. i found that the below peice of Script is causing issue. when i use SFTP its working fine, but there is a demand to use FTP only. please find below code and explain if anything is wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error"syntax error at line 15: `end of file' unexpected"

While i m running below code, it is giving me the error"syntax error at line 15: `end of file' unexpected". Pls let me know what is wrong here..i tried many ways, but no luck dbSID="SWQE" usrname="apps" password="Wrgthrk3" count=0 while do sqlplus $usrname/$password@$dbSID... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please identify "unexpected end of file" bug

This is a script I got off the web for transferring Safari's "reading list" to the Pocket app. I ran it in terminal with the command bash exportsafarireadinglist.sh and got syntax error: unexpected end of file. Thanks for any help! The code: #!/bin/bash # Script to export Safari's reading... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kdog126
2 Replies

8. BSD

Keep getting error "-bash: ./.profile_z2: line 52: syntax error: unexpected end of file"

#!/bin/bash #-------------------------------------------------------- # Setup prompt # Author Zeeshan Mirza # Data: 06-08-2017 #-------------------------------------------------------- if then . ./.profile_custom_pre fi umask 022 set -o vi export EDITOR=vi export VISUAL=vi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: getzeeshan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error: "Syntax error; unexpected end of file"

Hello all, I am running a script to generate a report and mail it to an email address. When I am trying to validate whether the file is a 0 kb file, I am getting the below error. Error: "Syntax error; unexpected end of file" Any suggestions please? Code: #!/bin/sh .... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pradeep_Raj
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
OCI_SET_EDITION(3)														OCI_SET_EDITION(3)

oci_set_edition - Sets the database edition

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_set_edition (string $edition) DESCRIPTION
Sets the database "edition" of objects to be used by a subsequent connections. Oracle Editions allow concurrent versions of applications to run using the same schema and object names. This is useful for upgrading live systems. Call oci_set_edition(3) before calling oci_connect(3), oci_pconnect(3) or oci_new_connect(3). If an edition is set that is not valid in the database, connection will fail even if oci_set_edition(3) returns success. When using persistent connections, if a connection with the requested edition setting already exists, it is reused. Otherwise, a different persistent connection is created PARAMETERS
o $edition - Oracle Database edition name previously created with the SQL " CREATE EDITION" command. NOTES
Note Oracle version requirement This function is available from Oracle 11 gR2 onwards. Caution Persistent connections To avoid inconsistencies and unexpected errors, do not use ALTER SESSION SET EDITION to change the edition on persistent connec- tions. Caution DRCP Connection Pooling To avoid inconsistencies and unexpected errors when using editions and DRCP with Oracle 11.2.0.1, keep a one-to-one correspondence between the oci8.connection_class and the edition name used by applications. Each pooled server of a given connection class should only be used with one edition. This restriction has been removed with Oracle 11.2.0.2. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Two scripts can use different versions of myfunc() at the same time <?php // File 1 echo "Version 1 of application "; oci_set_edition('ORA$BASE'); $c = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); $s = oci_parse($c, "begin :r := myfunc(); end;"); oci_bind_by_name($s, ":r", $r, 20); oci_execute($s); echo "The result is $r "; ?> <?php // File 2 echo "Version 2 of application "; oci_set_edition('E1'); $c = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); $s = oci_parse($c, "begin :r := myfunc(); end;"); oci_bind_by_name($s, ":r", $r, 20); oci_execute($s); echo "The result is $r "; ?> PHP Documentation Group OCI_SET_EDITION(3)