Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers awk a integer and replace it minus X Post 302582219 by jayan_jay on Thursday 15th of December 2011 06:17:27 AM
Old 12-15-2011
Code:
$ nawk 'BEGIN{FS="," ; OFS=","} {$(NF-1)=$(NF-1)-5")"; print}' infile

This User Gave Thanks to jayan_jay For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk or grep for integer only

how do you print the lines that contain integers only, using grep or awk? thanks , apalex ------------------ this file below: qwerty 01234 asdfgh 01234 qwer12 asdf05 will be: 01234 01234 qwer12 asdf05 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apalex
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace floating-point by integer in awk

Hi, I am trying to write a script to extract multiple sets of data from a chemistry output file. The problem section is in the following format... Geometry "geometry" -> "geometry" 1 Pd 46.0000 -0.19290971 0.00535260 0.02297606 2 P ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: smadonald1
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add comma to integer using AWK

Srr for being pain her let say i have a data in a file like this 1@1000 2@2000 4@4000 5@7770 6@8998 7@80008 i am a newbie in Unix i need to add a comma to integer using AWK function. for example, 1,000 or 80,008 how can i do that ps. i'm using bash shell (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nutter
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk returns an integer?

I need to extract a value from a text file into a ksh script, and change the last two letters to "00". awk gets the right value (2500 in this example), but the variable has no value. I use the following command: StartTime=expr nawk 'NR==20 {print $11;exit}' $New_FILE echo 1 $StartTime... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iliklev
4 Replies

5. Programming

I don't know how to replace input char with appropriate integer

Hi guys, I asked for help on programming forums and no one didn't helped me so I ask for help here. I am playing with some tasks from my book and I can't figure where did I get wrong. From the first program I get a blank screen, program won't generate 10*10 matrix. And second problem is I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating an integer with awk

I would like to extract a number from $0 and calculate if it can be devided by 25. Though the number can also be less then 25 or bigger than 100. How do i extract the number and how can the integer be calculated? String: "all_results">39</span>I am looking for the number between "all_results"> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed help, Find a pattern, replace it with same text minus leading 0

HI Folks, I'm looking for a solution for this issue. I want to find the Pattern 0/ and replace it with /. I'm just removing the leading zero. I can find the Pattern but it always puts literal value as a replacement. What am I missing?? sed -e s/0\//\//g File1 > File2 edit by... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SirHenry1
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to add plus or minus to fields and split another field

In the tab-delimited input below I am trying to use awk to -10 from $2 and +10 to $3. Something like awk -F'\t' -v OFS='\t' -v s=10 '{split($4,a,":"); print $1,$2-s,$3+s,a,$5,$6} | awk {split(a,b,"-"); print $1,$2-s,$3+s,b-s,b+s,$5,$6}' input should do that. I also need to -10 from $4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on awk to compare only integer on particular column

Hi, 0.23 2.94% 0.00 0.00% 17.8G 55.7% 19.6G 40.9% 630 0.00% 0.06 0.77% - - 7524M 22.9% 15.6G 32.6% - - From the above sample output. I need to compare whether the 6th field is more than 10G..if so print the entire line. Here the 6th field is memory TIA (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace integer string in a variable based on month?

Hi Folks - Linux Version = Linux 2.6.39-400.128.17.el5uek x86_64 I have a process that determines the start and end load periods for an Oracle data load process. The variables used are as follows follows: They are populated like such: However, the load requires the month to be the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
11 Replies
ucblinks(1B)                                         SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands                                         ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)