Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX cannot understand my disk layout Post 302582128 by vjm on Thursday 15th of December 2011 03:29:28 AM
Old 12-15-2011
Hi,

If you have installed sdd drivers instead of sddpcm then you will find the paths are also mentioned as hdisk. You can check which sdd drivers you have installed by
Code:
 lslpp -l | grep -i sdd

if the output is

"devices.sddpcm.53.rte" then all the hdisks are LUN's mapped to your server.

If the output is

"devices.sdd.53.rte" then the paths are also shown as hdisk. (Mine is AIX 5.3)

You can use "lsattr -El hdiskpower6" and look for the "active_hdisk" it will show all the paths connected to that disk. you can get an idea from the below output

Code:
lsattr -El vpath1

& the output is
Code:
"active_hdisk   hdisk4/6005076801900254B800000000000082/fscsi1"
"active_hdisk   hdisk5/6005076801900254B800000000000082/fscsi0"

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

VJMSmilie

---------- Post updated at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:49 PM ----------

Hi,

Mine is ds8k storage. I think you have emc storage so check for the drivers it will help to conclude. From your output it seems hdiskpower0 to 21 are the Luns mapped and the hdisk2 to 47 are paths.
Code:
Pseudo name=hdiskpower0
Symmetrix ID=000192601779
Logical device ID=0109
state=alive; policy=SymmOpt; priority=0; queued-IOs=0
==============================================================================
---------------- Host --------------- - Stor - -- I/O Path - -- Stats ---
### HW Path I/O Paths Interf. Mode State Q-IOs Errors
1 fscsi3 hdisk26 FA 10gB active alive 0 0
0 fscsi0 hdisk3 FA 7gB active alive 0 0

Pseudo name=hdiskpower1
Symmetrix ID=000192601779
Logical device ID=010A
state=alive; policy=SymmOpt; priority=0; queued-IOs=0
---------------- Host --------------- - Stor - -- I/O Path - -- Stats ---
### HW Path I/O Paths Interf. Mode State Q-IOs Errors
1 fscsi3 hdisk27 FA 10gB active alive 0 0
0 fscsi0 hdisk4 FA 7gB active alive 0 0

Regards,
VJMSmilie

Last edited by zaxxon; 12-15-2011 at 05:22 AM.. Reason: added some code tags to the outputs

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Keyboard Layout

ok, I am having a seriouse problem! I can not wite in my landguidge, I live in sweden but I seem to have an american keyboard layout so I cant write some letters and all the key commands are all messed up. Does anyone know where I can find a swedisch keyboard layout? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimm
3 Replies

2. Programming

The stack layout

I try to solve the problem https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?p=86595 use stack hack method, I am puzzled the stack layout. under vc6.0, the following code work(in release mode). #include <stdio.h> void change() { int x; int j; (&x) = 5; // if in debug mode, change to (&x) = 5;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ChenMing
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disk layout

Apologize if I hurt anyone's head with my questions, I'm entirely new to Unix and my office here doesn't offer any training just learn as you go. Anyways they asked me to get a disk layout of one of our servers and gave me this as an example the lables are assumptions Disk ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newdigitalblue
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi Record Layout

I have a fixed width source file like this( it has 5 different record types identified by bolded numbers) N5101ABCD 9820398 2983287 N5102 9s9923 00000000 00 N5103 N5101TTT 9843438 9494994 N5104 sdsd N5101YYY 7777777 1111111 I need to have like this: N5101ABCD ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravanamr
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to understand disk layout and where are the free space

Hi I am unable to understand the disk layout of one of my disk attached to v240. This is newly installed system from jumpstart. I am unable to see the free space on backup slice 2 and there are 0 to 8 slices listed when I run format and print the disk info, also there is no reference of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Veritas Volume Manager question (Disk layout with 4 plexes)

I am trying to build a veritas volume similar to an existing volume on another server. The output on source server is: usbtor12# vxprint -hrtg appdg v anvil_sqlVOL - ENABLED ACTIVE 629145600 SELECT - fsgen pl anvil_sqlVOL-01 anvil_sqlVOL ENABLED ACTIVE 629145600... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: momin313
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk format layout

Hi Gurus, I've a sample output from a script with a header as shown below. The formatting is a little bit out of alignment when it's sent out via email. Sample output: Label Date New Data #AB Removed #CD Net Change Statistic 2012-06-03 21807 mb 206 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

Expert Recovery Shell - Fatal Error: Unrecognized disk layout

I have a B.11.31 U ia64 system where I swremove the disk driver "SerialSCSI-00 B.11.31.1303 PCI-X/PCI-E SerialSCSI" (by mistake). afterwards the system won;t boot because of the missing disk drivers. I'm trying to recover my kernel by using the image HP-ux_11_31_disc_1.iso Run an Expert... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: black_fender
1 Replies

9. Solaris

EFI disk labeling / understand the parition table / sectors not continue

Hi all, I have a EFI disk and it is use in zfs pool. partition> p Volume: rpool Current partition table (original): Total disk sectors available: 1172107117 + 16384 (reserved sectors) Part Tag Flag First Sector Size Last Sector 0 usr wm ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
8 Replies
CSS(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    CSS(4)

NAME
css - DEC IMP-11A LH/DH IMP interface SYNOPSIS
/sys/conf/SYSTEM: NCSS css_controllers # DEC/CSS IMP11-A ARPAnet IMP interface DESCRIPTION
The css device provides a Local Host/Distant Host interface to an IMP. It is normally used when participating in the DARPA Internet. The controller itself is not accessible to users, but instead provides the hardware support to the IMP interface described in imp(4). When configuring, the imp(NIMP) pseudo-device is also included. DIAGNOSTICS
css%d: not alive. The initialization routine was entered even though the device did not autoconfigure. This is indicates a system prob- lem. css%d: can't initialize. Insufficient UNIBUS resources existed to initialize the device. This is likely to occur when the device is run on a buffered data path on an 11/750 and other network interfaces are also configured to use buffered data paths, or when it is configured to use buffered data paths on an 11/730 (which has none). css%d: imp doesn't respond, icsr=%b. The driver attempted to initialize the device, but the IMP failed to respond after 500 tries. Check the cabling. css%d: stray output interrupt csr=%b. An interrupt occurred when no output had previously been started. css%d: output error, ocsr=%b icsr=%b. The device indicated a problem sending data on output. css%d: recv error, csr=%b. The device indicated a problem receiving data on input. css%d: bad length=%d. An input operation resulted in a data transfer of less than 0 or more than 1008 bytes of data into memory (according to the word count register). This should never happen as the maximum size of a host-IMP message is 1008 bytes. 3rd Berkeley Distribution August 20, 1987 CSS(4)