Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX cannot understand my disk layout Post 302581992 by funksen on Wednesday 14th of December 2011 03:51:02 PM
Old 12-14-2011
take care with your none/none disks, since you are running oracle these may be used by asm as raw disks, ask your oracle admin

I wrote a little script that reads some kind of id from asm disks, to help me find the relation from lpar to vio disks for asm luns easier
try to run it, a none asm disk should not be listed, to make sure run
Code:
oraid hdiskx

, non asm disks should return 00000000

Code:
cat /usr/bin/oraid
#!/usr/bin/ksh
if [ -z "$1" ]
then
lspv | awk '/none/{print $1}' | while read i ; do echo $i $(od -A n -j 12 -N 4 -x /dev/$i | sed 's/ //g') ; done
else                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
od -A n -j 12 -N 4 -x /dev/$1 | sed -e 2d -e 's/ //g'                                                                                                                                                                                        
fi

but ask your oracle admin anyways, since I don't want to be responsible that you screw up your database Smilie

Last edited by funksen; 12-14-2011 at 04:58 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to funksen For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Keyboard Layout

ok, I am having a seriouse problem! I can not wite in my landguidge, I live in sweden but I seem to have an american keyboard layout so I cant write some letters and all the key commands are all messed up. Does anyone know where I can find a swedisch keyboard layout? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimm
3 Replies

2. Programming

The stack layout

I try to solve the problem https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?p=86595 use stack hack method, I am puzzled the stack layout. under vc6.0, the following code work(in release mode). #include <stdio.h> void change() { int x; int j; (&x) = 5; // if in debug mode, change to (&x) = 5;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ChenMing
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disk layout

Apologize if I hurt anyone's head with my questions, I'm entirely new to Unix and my office here doesn't offer any training just learn as you go. Anyways they asked me to get a disk layout of one of our servers and gave me this as an example the lables are assumptions Disk ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newdigitalblue
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi Record Layout

I have a fixed width source file like this( it has 5 different record types identified by bolded numbers) N5101ABCD 9820398 2983287 N5102 9s9923 00000000 00 N5103 N5101TTT 9843438 9494994 N5104 sdsd N5101YYY 7777777 1111111 I need to have like this: N5101ABCD ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravanamr
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to understand disk layout and where are the free space

Hi I am unable to understand the disk layout of one of my disk attached to v240. This is newly installed system from jumpstart. I am unable to see the free space on backup slice 2 and there are 0 to 8 slices listed when I run format and print the disk info, also there is no reference of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Veritas Volume Manager question (Disk layout with 4 plexes)

I am trying to build a veritas volume similar to an existing volume on another server. The output on source server is: usbtor12# vxprint -hrtg appdg v anvil_sqlVOL - ENABLED ACTIVE 629145600 SELECT - fsgen pl anvil_sqlVOL-01 anvil_sqlVOL ENABLED ACTIVE 629145600... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: momin313
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk format layout

Hi Gurus, I've a sample output from a script with a header as shown below. The formatting is a little bit out of alignment when it's sent out via email. Sample output: Label Date New Data #AB Removed #CD Net Change Statistic 2012-06-03 21807 mb 206 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

Expert Recovery Shell - Fatal Error: Unrecognized disk layout

I have a B.11.31 U ia64 system where I swremove the disk driver "SerialSCSI-00 B.11.31.1303 PCI-X/PCI-E SerialSCSI" (by mistake). afterwards the system won;t boot because of the missing disk drivers. I'm trying to recover my kernel by using the image HP-ux_11_31_disc_1.iso Run an Expert... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: black_fender
1 Replies

9. Solaris

EFI disk labeling / understand the parition table / sectors not continue

Hi all, I have a EFI disk and it is use in zfs pool. partition> p Volume: rpool Current partition table (original): Total disk sectors available: 1172107117 + 16384 (reserved sectors) Part Tag Flag First Sector Size Last Sector 0 usr wm ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
8 Replies
ttk::frame(n)							 Tk Themed Widget						     ttk::frame(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk::frame - Simple container widget SYNOPSIS
ttk::frame pathName ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
A ttk::frame widget is a container, used to group other widgets together. STANDARD OPTIONS
-class -cursor -takefocus -style See the ttk_widget manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS [-borderwidth borderWidth] The desired width of the widget border. Defaults to 0. [-relief relief] One of the standard Tk border styles: flat, groove, raised, ridge, solid, or sunken. Defaults to flat. [-padding padding] Additional padding to include inside the border. [-width width] If specified, the widget's requested width in pixels. [-height height] If specified, the widget's requested height in pix- els. WIDGET COMMAND
Supports the standard widget commands configure, cget, identify, instate, and state; see ttk::widget(n). NOTES
Note that if the pack, grid, or other geometry managers are used to manage the children of the frame, by the GM's requested size will nor- mally take precedence over the frame widget's -width and -height options. pack propagate and grid propagate can be used to change this. SEE ALSO
ttk::widget(n), ttk::labelframe(n), frame(n) KEYWORDS
widget, frame, container Tk 8.5 ttk::frame(n)