Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX cannot understand my disk layout Post 302581992 by funksen on Wednesday 14th of December 2011 03:51:02 PM
Old 12-14-2011
take care with your none/none disks, since you are running oracle these may be used by asm as raw disks, ask your oracle admin

I wrote a little script that reads some kind of id from asm disks, to help me find the relation from lpar to vio disks for asm luns easier
try to run it, a none asm disk should not be listed, to make sure run
Code:
oraid hdiskx

, non asm disks should return 00000000

Code:
cat /usr/bin/oraid
#!/usr/bin/ksh
if [ -z "$1" ]
then
lspv | awk '/none/{print $1}' | while read i ; do echo $i $(od -A n -j 12 -N 4 -x /dev/$i | sed 's/ //g') ; done
else                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
od -A n -j 12 -N 4 -x /dev/$1 | sed -e 2d -e 's/ //g'                                                                                                                                                                                        
fi

but ask your oracle admin anyways, since I don't want to be responsible that you screw up your database Smilie

Last edited by funksen; 12-14-2011 at 04:58 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to funksen For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Keyboard Layout

ok, I am having a seriouse problem! I can not wite in my landguidge, I live in sweden but I seem to have an american keyboard layout so I cant write some letters and all the key commands are all messed up. Does anyone know where I can find a swedisch keyboard layout? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimm
3 Replies

2. Programming

The stack layout

I try to solve the problem https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?p=86595 use stack hack method, I am puzzled the stack layout. under vc6.0, the following code work(in release mode). #include <stdio.h> void change() { int x; int j; (&x) = 5; // if in debug mode, change to (&x) = 5;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ChenMing
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disk layout

Apologize if I hurt anyone's head with my questions, I'm entirely new to Unix and my office here doesn't offer any training just learn as you go. Anyways they asked me to get a disk layout of one of our servers and gave me this as an example the lables are assumptions Disk ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newdigitalblue
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi Record Layout

I have a fixed width source file like this( it has 5 different record types identified by bolded numbers) N5101ABCD 9820398 2983287 N5102 9s9923 00000000 00 N5103 N5101TTT 9843438 9494994 N5104 sdsd N5101YYY 7777777 1111111 I need to have like this: N5101ABCD ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravanamr
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to understand disk layout and where are the free space

Hi I am unable to understand the disk layout of one of my disk attached to v240. This is newly installed system from jumpstart. I am unable to see the free space on backup slice 2 and there are 0 to 8 slices listed when I run format and print the disk info, also there is no reference of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Veritas Volume Manager question (Disk layout with 4 plexes)

I am trying to build a veritas volume similar to an existing volume on another server. The output on source server is: usbtor12# vxprint -hrtg appdg v anvil_sqlVOL - ENABLED ACTIVE 629145600 SELECT - fsgen pl anvil_sqlVOL-01 anvil_sqlVOL ENABLED ACTIVE 629145600... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: momin313
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk format layout

Hi Gurus, I've a sample output from a script with a header as shown below. The formatting is a little bit out of alignment when it's sent out via email. Sample output: Label Date New Data #AB Removed #CD Net Change Statistic 2012-06-03 21807 mb 206 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

Expert Recovery Shell - Fatal Error: Unrecognized disk layout

I have a B.11.31 U ia64 system where I swremove the disk driver "SerialSCSI-00 B.11.31.1303 PCI-X/PCI-E SerialSCSI" (by mistake). afterwards the system won;t boot because of the missing disk drivers. I'm trying to recover my kernel by using the image HP-ux_11_31_disc_1.iso Run an Expert... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: black_fender
1 Replies

9. Solaris

EFI disk labeling / understand the parition table / sectors not continue

Hi all, I have a EFI disk and it is use in zfs pool. partition> p Volume: rpool Current partition table (original): Total disk sectors available: 1172107117 + 16384 (reserved sectors) Part Tag Flag First Sector Size Last Sector 0 usr wm ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
8 Replies
QVBoxLayout(3qt)														  QVBoxLayout(3qt)

NAME
QVBoxLayout - Lines up widgets vertically SYNOPSIS
#include <qlayout.h> Inherits QBoxLayout. Public Members QVBoxLayout ( QWidget * parent, int margin = 0, int spacing = -1, const char * name = 0 ) QVBoxLayout ( QLayout * parentLayout, int spacing = -1, const char * name = 0 ) QVBoxLayout ( int spacing = -1, const char * name = 0 ) ~QVBoxLayout () DESCRIPTION
The QVBoxLayout class lines up widgets vertically. This class is used to construct vertical box layout objects. See QBoxLayout for more details. The simplest use of the class is like this: QBoxLayout * l = new QVBoxLayout( widget ); l->addWidget( aWidget ); l->addWidget( anotherWidget ); <center> [Image Omitted] </center> See also QHBoxLayout, QGridLayout, the Layout overview, Widget Appearance and Style, and Layout Management. MEMBER FUNCTION DOCUMENTATION
QVBoxLayout::QVBoxLayout ( QWidget * parent, int margin = 0, int spacing = -1, const char * name = 0 ) Constructs a new top-level vertical box called name, with parent parent. The margin is the number of pixels between the edge of the widget and its managed children. The spacing is the default number of pixels between neighboring children. If spacing is -1 the value of margin is used for spacing. QVBoxLayout::QVBoxLayout ( QLayout * parentLayout, int spacing = -1, const char * name = 0 ) Constructs a new vertical box called name name and adds it to parentLayout. The spacing is the default number of pixels between neighboring children. If spacing is -1, this QVBoxLayout will inherit its parent's spacing(). QVBoxLayout::QVBoxLayout ( int spacing = -1, const char * name = 0 ) Constructs a new vertical box called name name. You must add it to another layout. The spacing is the default number of pixels between neighboring children. If spacing is -1, this QVBoxLayout will inherit its parent's spacing(). QVBoxLayout::~QVBoxLayout () Destroys this box layout. The layout's widgets aren't destroyed. SEE ALSO
http://doc.trolltech.com/qvboxlayout.html http://www.trolltech.com/faq/tech.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1992-2001 Trolltech AS, http://www.trolltech.com. See the license file included in the distribution for a complete license statement. AUTHOR
Generated automatically from the source code. BUGS
If you find a bug in Qt, please report it as described in http://doc.trolltech.com/bughowto.html. Good bug reports help us to help you. Thank you. The definitive Qt documentation is provided in HTML format; it is located at $QTDIR/doc/html and can be read using Qt Assistant or with a web browser. This man page is provided as a convenience for those users who prefer man pages, although this format is not officially supported by Trolltech. If you find errors in this manual page, please report them to qt-bugs@trolltech.com. Please include the name of the manual page (qvboxlayout.3qt) and the Qt version (3.1.1). Trolltech AS 9 December 2002 QVBoxLayout(3qt)