Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Use of cp in a script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Use of cp in a script Post 302581985 by xbin on Wednesday 14th of December 2011 03:39:25 PM
Old 12-14-2011
You can start with naming the mounts correctly->
Code:
/Volumes/NO\ NAME\ 1/

Your script should check that the flash drives are mounted before it proceeds. You can parse the info from->
Code:
mount

This User Gave Thanks to xbin For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
GVFS-MOUNT(1)							   User Commands						     GVFS-MOUNT(1)

NAME
gvfs-mount - Mounts the locations SYNOPSIS
gvfs-mount [OPTION...] [LOCATION...] gvfs-mount --unmount-scheme=SCHEME gvfs-mount --list [OPTION...] gvfs-mount --monitor [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
gvfs-mount provides commandline access to various aspects of GIOs mounting functionality. Mounting refers to the traditional concept of arranging multiple file systems and devices in a single tree, rooted at /. Classical mounting happens in the kernel and is controlled by the mount utility. GIO expands this concept by introducing mount daemons that can make file systems available to GIO applications without kernel involvement. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -h, --help Prints a short help text and exits. -m, --mountable Mount as a mountable. -d, --device=DEVICE Mount the volume with the given device file. -u, --unmount Unmount the locations. -e, --eject Eject the locations. -s, --unmount-scheme=SCHEME Unmount all mounts with the given scheme. -l, --list List all known mounts. -o, --monitor Monitor mount and unmount events. -i, --detail Show extra information for --list and --monitor. EXIT STATUS
On success 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
ls(1), gvfs-info(1) gvfs GVFS-MOUNT(1)