Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX job run before schedule on crontab Post 302581676 by dude2cool on Tuesday 13th of December 2011 09:20:53 PM
Old 12-13-2011
Looking at the logs, so cron definitely did not run it. See what happens tonight.
This User Gave Thanks to dude2cool For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Schedule to run every 3 minutes - CRONTAB

Hello all, I want to run a script every 3 minutes in os level and to send mail. I scheduled in crontab as 3 * * * * /mnt1/monitorscripts/testdbstart.sh I got mail every one hour and I confirmed that the script is running every 1 hour which doesn't meet my requirment. Where I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashanth_gs
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Run crontab job problem

I hv a crontab job (script) that can be run normally , now I try to run it on the shell but can't be run , can advise what is difference between run a script on crontab and run it manually ? is it the difference of system enviornment ?thx I tried to fix it by below method , I write a script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab job to run every sunday

Hello, I wanted to run one of my shell script for every sunday at 5PM. Here is the crontab entry i am using.. 00 17 * * 0 /inventory/update.sh > /inventory/update.log 2>&1 The job is not kicking on sunday at the specified time.. Am i missing anthing? Any help is appreciated... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab does not run "root" job

hi, I've read different posts regarding crontab but none helped out...the shell scrip that I want to run through crontab gets run through crontab when I use the following crontab statement: 13 17 * * * /usr/net/gcc/DBdrop.sh > /usr/net/gcc/DBdrop.log 2>&1 but it does not run when I scheduel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux0004
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule a job using Crontab

I would like to execute my script at 17.30 and 23.00 using crontab, could anybody help me out!! Thanks in Advance!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jatanig
1 Replies

6. AIX

Schedule Job

how to schedule a job in aix, pls explain with cmd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: udtyuvaraj
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To Run a job every hour without using crontab

Hi, Can anyone help me in finding how to run a specific job every hour without using crontab. Say for example i need to run a command ps -aux in the starting of every hour.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: glv
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule Job Fortnightly (FRI) in Crontab

Solaris platform. How can I schedule crontab job every 2 weeks and the job to be scheduled on Fri? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do you schedule a job to run at 3:45 am every morning?

help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu pandey
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do you schedule a job to run at 3:45 am every morning in UNIX?

give the suggestion (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu pandey
3 Replies
SCRIPT-EMAIL(8) 					  System Administration Commands					   SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)

NAME
script-email - Amanda script to send email notifications DESCRIPTION
script-email is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It sends a notification email to the addresses specified in the MAILTO property. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control script-email's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. MAILTO List of email addresses that will receive an email on command execution. It is a multi-valued property: property "MAILTO" "amanda@domain.com" "sysadmin@domain.com" "amandauser@domain.com" EXAMPLE
In this example, script-email is scheduled to be run before the DLE, on the server. The unqualified email address amanda will be passed to the email system unchanged. The script is then attached to a dumptype, which can then be specified for any DLEs which require notification. define script-tool pre-email { comment "email me before this DLE is backed up" plugin "script-email" execute-on pre-dle-backup execute-where server property "mailto" "amanda" } define dumptype user-tar-email { user-tar script "pre-email" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)