Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problems in execution of sqlscript in unix Post 302581610 by pyerragudi on Tuesday 13th of December 2011 01:19:52 PM
Old 12-13-2011
I modified my code as follows. It gives me following error:
SP2-0735: unknown SET option beginning "severoutpu..."

How do specify set serveroutput on, please advise

Code:

sqlplus -s scott/tiger << EOF

set severoutput on;
declare
a number:=3;
b number:=4;
c number;
d number;
begin
d := fn_multi_returns(a,b,c);
commit;
dbms_output.put_line(d);
end;
/
exit

EOF

---------- Post updated at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:12 PM ----------

I got it, it was my bad. I coded as "Set severoutput on" instead of "Set serveroutput on"

Code:
sqlplus -s scott/tiger << EOF 

set serveroutput on
declare
a number:=3;
b number:=4;
c number;
d number;
begin
d := fn_multi_returns(a,b,c);
commit;
dbms_output.put_line(d);
end;
/
exit

EOF

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problems with Find

the below cmd is not wrking in perl script find . -name "*e*" -exec wc -l {} \; its show the following error Can't modify system in scalar assignment at prjt.pl line 4, near ");" Execution of prjt.pl aborted due to compilation errors. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
11 Replies

2. Programming

execution problems with cron

how to store a date into file? and how we can access date from the file? ---------- Post updated at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:08 AM ---------- how we can store date in file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: causalmodi777
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problems!!

i have been working on this for a about 12 hours today say's end of file un expected any idea's using the bourne shell and its driving me nuts worked fine in bash but prof says make it work in bourne and good luck worth 13% any help would be awesome #!/bin/sh trap "rm mnt2/source/tmp/* 2>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrhiab
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problems

this my source file ************* fixed *************** Begin equipmentId : d9 processor : fox number : bhhhhhh Variable # 1: Id : 100 Type : 9 nType : s gType : 5f mType : 4 LField : England DataField : london Length ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: teefa
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problems with if statements

Hi all, I habe a file called test.log, which contain following data : 0.0 0.1 0.1 0.1 0.1 0.2 0.3 0.3 0.4 0.4 0.6 8.7 8.8 17.2 I want to show the data which gater than 9.0 But my script not working. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution Problems with UNIX.

Hi Team, I created one file like tst.pl, it contains #!/usr/bin/perl use Spreadsheet::ParseExcel; During execution it's showing error like use: command not found. Pleast let me suggest how to use this perl menthods in Unix. Thanks in Advance, Reards, Harris (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: harris
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution Problems with Cron

Good evening, ive got this cron to be run: if i run this manually it doesnt work,it takes me to the prompt again /export/app/CO/opge/scr/Informe_parametros_colombia.ksh >/dev/null 2>&1 here is the code fragment: coopge@coopge: opge PRODUCCION>more... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexcol
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Execution problems with swreg

HP UX 10.20 I have a directory "/var/spool/sw" which is supposed to be a "Depot" directory. Turns out it is not and when using the swreg command "swreg -l /var/spool/sw" I get errors in part ERROR for option "-l /var/spool/sw" keyword or it's value may be incorrect or the keyword does not apply... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Randydog
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Execution problems

How to find a word in a directory which contains many files? i just want to count how many such words are present in all the files? This is the code which i tried for a single file echo "Enter the file name:" read file echo "Enter the word to search:" read word if then echo "The count... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meeran Rizvi
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problems to call the DB table through UNIX

Hi All, I am beginner to the Unix scripting, i am writing a script to call the DB through Unix script. I have to read the files from the given path and in each file the first column i have to pick up and delete the row in the table based on that column. #!/bin/sh set -x # Check to see if... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: spidy
8 Replies
iodbctest(1)						       iODBC Driver Manager						      iodbctest(1)

NAME
iodbctest, iodbctestw - iODBC Demonstration programs SYNOPSIS
iodbctest ["DSN=xxxx[;UID=xxxx][;PWD=xxxx][;OPT=value]"] iodbctestw ["DSN=xxxx[;UID=xxxx][;PWD=xxxx][;OPT=value]"] DESCRIPTION
The iodbctest program and iodbtestw programs are simple ODBC sample programs, showing the strength of the ODBC API to connect to any ODBC enabled database, issue SQL commands and retrieve the query results. The iodbctest program uses the standard ODBC API calls to connect using any DSN, but retrieves all results in ASCII mode. The iodbctestw program uses the ODBC Unicode API calls to connect using any DSN, and retrieves all results in Unicode mode. OPTIONS
The iodbctest program uses the SQLDriverConnect function to make a connection using any available ODBC compliant driver. This allows the user to override any ODBC connect attribute in the DSN string. Connect strings should start with either a DSN=xxx or a DRIVER=xxxx attribute optionally followed by other DSN attributes separated by a semicolon e.g: DSN=ora9;UID=scott;PWD=tiger;DATABASE=ora9u Any attributes required for a proper connection that are not entered in the DSN connect string, must be present in the odbc.ini file. If the connect string is passed as an argument to the iodbctest program, the string should be quoted as most shells use the semicolon as their command separator. If the connect string is entered on the interactive prompt, no quotes should be used. After a successful connection has been established, the user is prompted for a SQL command to be send to the database. A SQL command cannot span multiple lines. If the SQL command returns one or more result sets, each result set is fetched using character buffers and displayed in a table. Additionally, the iodbctest program understands a few special commands: qualifiers Show a list of qualifiers using the SQLTables catalog call. owners Show a list of owners using the SQLTables catalog call. tables Show a list of tables using the SQLTables catalog call. types Show a list of tables types using the SQLTables catalog call. datatypes Show a list of data types using the SQLGetTypeInfo catalog call. reconnect Perform a disconnect/reconnect with the information saved during the first SQLDriverConnect. quit (or exit) Exit the program and return to the shell. EXAMPLES
Start the iodbctest program and get a list of DSNs before making a connection: $ iodbctest OpenLink ODBC Demonstration program This program shows an interactive SQL processor Enter ODBC connect string (? shows list): ? DSN | Driver ----------------------------------------------------------------- ora9 | OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver mysql | OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver mysqllite | OpenLink Lite for MySQL myodbc | MyODBC Driver pgsql | OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver tds | OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver Enter ODBC connect string (? shows list): DSN=ora9;PWD=tiger Driver: 05.20.0316 OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver (oplodbc.so) SQL> Connect to an Oracle 9 instance which has been previously setup in the odbc.ini file: $ iodbctest "DSN=ora9;UID=scott;PWD=tiger" iODBC Demonstration program This program shows an interactive SQL processor Driver: 05.20.0316 OpenLink Generic ODBC Driver (oplodbc.so) SQL>select * from emp ID |NAME -----------------+------------------------------------------- 1 |Record 1 2 |Record 2 2 |Record 3 result set 1 returned 3 rows. SQL> quit COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1996-2009 by OpenLink Software AUTHOR
iODBC Administrator <iodbc@openlinksw.com> 3.52.7 3 August 2005 iodbctest(1)