Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Creating directory with specific size? Post 302581594 by CarloM on Tuesday 13th of December 2011 12:43:50 PM
Old 12-13-2011
Are you sure it was 'directory' and not 'volume' or similar?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

creating object files in a specific directory

hello, i have a makefile in which i am specifying the option for creating the object files of the source files. The option which i am using is this : gcc -c main.c first.c by default these object files are created in the same directory in which the makefile is present. what option... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svh
1 Replies

2. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating date directory and moving files into that directory

I have list of files named file_username_051208_025233.log. Here 051208 is the date and 025233 is the time.I have to run thousands of files daily.I want to put all the files depending on the date of running into a date directory.Suppose if we run files today they should put into 05:Dec:08... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi030
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating large number of files of specific size

Hi I am new to shell scripting.I want to create a batch file which creates a desired number of files with a specific size say 1MB each to consume space.How can i go about it using for loop /any other loop condition using shell script? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swatideswal
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Directory size larger than file system size?

Hi, We currently have an Oracle database running and it is creating lots of processes in the /proc directory that are 1000M in size. The size of the /proc directory is now reading 26T. How can this be if the root file system is only 13GB? I have seen this before we an Oracle temp file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

allow user to use sudo cp on a specific directory and only a specific file

Is there a way to allow a user to use sudo cp on a specific directory and only a specific file? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete some of the files in the directory, if the directory size limits the specified size

To find the whole size of a particular directory i use "du -sk /dirname".. but after finding the direcory's size how do i make conditions like if the size of the dir is more than 1 GB i hav to delete some of the files inside the dir (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaal89
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor directory size of specific users

Hi, i am new to shell scripts, i need to write a script that can monitor size of directory of specific users. Please help. Thanks, Nitin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicksrulz
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

look for file size greater than "0" of specific pattern and move those to another directory

Hi , i have some files of specific pattern ...i need to look for files which are having size greater than zero and move those files to another directory.. Ex... abc_0702, abc_0709, abc_782 abc_1234 ...etc need to find out which is having the size >0 and move those to target directory..... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dssyadav
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls directory size reporting byte size instead of file count

I have been searching both on Unix.com and Google and have not been able to find the answer to my question. I think it is partly because I can't come up with the right search terms. Recently, my virtual server switched storage devices and I think the problem may be related to that change.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmgibby
2 Replies
FS_QUOTA(1)						       AFS Command Reference						       FS_QUOTA(1)

NAME
fs_quota - Displays the quota used in the volume containing a directory or file SYNOPSIS
fs quota [-path <dir/file path>+] [-help] fs q [-p <dir/file path>+] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs quota command displays the percent of quota consumed in the volume that contains each specified directory or file. To display more detailed information about the volume and the partition it resides on, use the fs examine and fs listquota commands. To set volume quota, use the fs setquota or fs setvol command. CAUTIONS
Currently, the maximum size of a volume is 2 terabytes (2^31 bytes). OPTIONS
-path <dir/file path> Names each file or directory for which to display the quota consumed in its parent volume. Partial pathnames are interpreted relative to the current working directory, which is also the default value if this argument is omitted. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The output reports the percent of volume quota used, in the following format: <percent>% of quota used. EXAMPLES
The following command lists the percent quota used of the volume housing the current working directory: % fs quota 17% of quota used. The following command lists the percent quota used of both the volume housing the current working directory's parent directory and the volume housing the directory /afs/abc.com/usr/smith: % fs quota -path .. /afs/abc.com/usr/smith 43% of quota used. 92% of quota used. PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have the "r" (read) permission on the ACL of the root directory of the volume that houses the file or directory named by the -path argument, and "l" (list) permission on the ACL of each directory that precedes it in the pathname. SEE ALSO
fs_examine(1), fs_listquota(1), fs_setquota(1), fs_setvol(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_QUOTA(1)