Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pad Zeros at the end
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pad Zeros at the end Post 302581402 by sandeepyes on Tuesday 13th of December 2011 06:06:33 AM
Old 12-13-2011
try this:

Code:
$tmp=$ecode;
$count=0;

while($tmp>0)
{         $tmp=$tmp/10; $count++;      }

$output=$ecode*10^($length-$count);

print $output;

Last edited by Franklin52; 12-13-2011 at 07:26 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for code and data samples, thank you

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pad Zeros

Hi can I know command to pad Zeros to a value I get 16 and I need to send 0000000016 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pad zeros to a number

Pad zeros to a number and assign it to a variable like i get 1 in $i ,i want it to be $i as 01 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anumkoshy
6 Replies

3. Programming

How to right pad with zeros using sprintf?

I need to right-pad with zeros a string by using (s)printf. I looked up the manual and tried with printf("%-19s", buffer); which right-pad the string with spaces. So I tried printf("%019s", buffer); which left-pad the string with zeros. So I tried both printf("%-019s", buffer);... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: emitrax
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reformat a string and pad space at the end

I need to read in the string from input file and reform it by cut each segment and check the last segement lenght. If the last segment length is not as expected (see below segment file or table. It is predefined), then pad enough space. Old string FU22222222CA6666666666AKxvbFMddreeadBP999... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: menglm
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pad space at the end of string and reformat

I need to read in the string from input file and reform it by cut each segment and check the last segement lenght. If the last segment length is not as expected (see below segment file or table. It is predefined), then pad enough space. Old string FU22222222CA6666666666AKxvbFMddreeadBP999... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: menglm
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pad with leading zeros for current time?

I'm using cygwin bash to submit scheduled tasks (kinda like cron jobs) in windows and the following script is giving me grief. I need to format the current time with leading zeros before 10AM for the hour field. In this example, I manually typed in "09:50" instead of using the `printf...`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Pad 0 to the right

I need to pad 0 to a number on the right. to make it 9 digit in total. My number is 2457 output should be 245700000 Please do wrap your samples/codes into CODE TAGS as per forum rules. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun22486
3 Replies
rmvb(9F)						   Kernel Functions for Drivers 						  rmvb(9F)

NAME
rmvb - remove a message block from a message SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/stream.h> mblk_t *rmvb(mblk_t *mp, mblk_t *bp); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). PARAMETERS
mp Message from which a block is to be removed. mblk_t is an instance of the msgb(9S) structure. bp Message block to be removed. DESCRIPTION
rmvb() removes a message block (bp) from a message (mp), and returns a pointer to the altered message. The message block is not freed, merely removed from the message. It is the module or driver's responsibility to free the message block. RETURN VALUES
If successful, a pointer to the message (minus the removed block) is returned. The pointer is NULL if bp was the only block of the message before rmvb() was called. If the designated message block (bp) does not exist, -1 is returned. CONTEXT
rmvb() can be called from user or interrupt context. EXAMPLES
This routine removes all zero-length M_DATA message blocks from the given message. For each message block in the message, save the next message block (line 10). If the current message block is of type M_DATA and has no data in its buffer (line 11), then remove it from the message (line 12) and free it (line 13). In either case, continue with the next message block in the message (line 16). 1 void 2 xxclean(mp) 3 mblk_t *mp; 4 { 5 mblk_t *tmp; 6 mblk_t *nmp; 7 8 tmp = mp; 9 while (tmp) { 10 nmp = tmp->b_cont; 11 if ((tmp->b_datap->db_type == M_DATA) && (tmp->b_rptr == tmp->b_wptr)) { 12 (void) rmvb(mp, tmp); 13 freeb(tmp); 14 } 15 tmp = nmp; 16 } 17 } SEE ALSO
freeb(9F), msgb(9S) Writing Device Drivers STREAMS Programming Guide SunOS 5.10 11 Apr 1991 rmvb(9F)