Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pad Zeros at the end
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pad Zeros at the end Post 302581377 by greenworld123 on Tuesday 13th of December 2011 05:19:31 AM
Old 12-13-2011
Pad Zeros at the end

I have number/strings like below
Code:
input =23412133
output = 234121330000 (depends on the number give at runtime)

i need to padd zeros based on runtime input . i tried below
printf ' %d%04d\n', "23412133";

But the precision 4 is static here how can i pass this as runtime input.

i am using this is shell script

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pad Zeros

Hi can I know command to pad Zeros to a value I get 16 and I need to send 0000000016 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pad zeros to a number

Pad zeros to a number and assign it to a variable like i get 1 in $i ,i want it to be $i as 01 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anumkoshy
6 Replies

3. Programming

How to right pad with zeros using sprintf?

I need to right-pad with zeros a string by using (s)printf. I looked up the manual and tried with printf("%-19s", buffer); which right-pad the string with spaces. So I tried printf("%019s", buffer); which left-pad the string with zeros. So I tried both printf("%-019s", buffer);... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: emitrax
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reformat a string and pad space at the end

I need to read in the string from input file and reform it by cut each segment and check the last segement lenght. If the last segment length is not as expected (see below segment file or table. It is predefined), then pad enough space. Old string FU22222222CA6666666666AKxvbFMddreeadBP999... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: menglm
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pad space at the end of string and reformat

I need to read in the string from input file and reform it by cut each segment and check the last segement lenght. If the last segment length is not as expected (see below segment file or table. It is predefined), then pad enough space. Old string FU22222222CA6666666666AKxvbFMddreeadBP999... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: menglm
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pad with leading zeros for current time?

I'm using cygwin bash to submit scheduled tasks (kinda like cron jobs) in windows and the following script is giving me grief. I need to format the current time with leading zeros before 10AM for the hour field. In this example, I manually typed in "09:50" instead of using the `printf...`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Pad 0 to the right

I need to pad 0 to a number on the right. to make it 9 digit in total. My number is 2457 output should be 245700000 Please do wrap your samples/codes into CODE TAGS as per forum rules. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun22486
3 Replies
dbar(1) 							   User Commands							   dbar(1)

NAME
dbar - ASCII progresbar SYNOPSIS
echo <percentage> | dbar [options] <indicator text> DESCRIPTION
dbar lets you define static 0% and 100% marks or you can define these marks dynamically at runtime. Static and dynamic marks can be mixed, in this case the value specified at runtime will have a higher priority. You can specify ranges of numbers, negative, positive or ranges with a negative min value and positive max value. All numbers are treated as double precision floating point, i.e. the input is NOT limited to integers. OPTIONS
-l Label to be prepended to the bar (default: "" ). -nonl no new line, don't put ' ' at the end of the bar (default: do print " ") -max Value to be considered 100% (default: 100). -min Value to be considered 0% (default: 0). -s Symbol represeting the percentage value in the meter (default: "="). -w Number of charcaters to be considered 100% in the meter (default: 25) EXAMPLES
Static 100% mark or single value input: echo 25 | dbar -max 100 -l text Output: text 25% [====== ] If your 100% mark changes dynamically or 2-values input: echo "50 150" | dbar | | | |__ max value | |__ value to display Output: 33% [======== ] If your value range is not between [0, maxval] or 3-values input: echo "50 -25 150" | dbar | | | | | |__ max value 100% mark | | | |_____ min value 0% mark | |________ value to display Output: 43% [=========== ] Multiple runs: for i in 2 20 50 75 80; do echo $i; sleep 1; done | dbar | dzen2 Output: Find out yourself. ENVIRONMENT
None. FILES
None. SEE ALSO
dzen2(1) AUTHORS
Program was written by Robert Manea <rob.manea@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Jari Aalto <jari.aalto@cante.net> for the Debian GNU system (but may be used by others). Released under license GNU GPL version 2 or (at your option) any later version. For more information about license, visit <http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html>. dbar 2012-04-02 dbar(1)