Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vector c++
Top Forums Programming vector c++ Post 302581360 by Christopher37 on Tuesday 13th of December 2011 04:13:21 AM
Old 12-13-2011
The first argument of getline is a char*. That means it expects a C-style string. That means you need to give it the name of the char array that you want that string to go into. Think maybe that might be what you should give it?

After that you just identify which characters in that string belong to what fields, then extract them and convert them to the appropriate data types for your struct's fields.

BTW, if this is a C++ assignment that has you using vectors, shouldn't you also be using the basic string class instead of C-style strings? Though that still wouldn't change the need to feed getline a C-style string.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Saving a vector to a file

Another C++ question, please do notify me if this forum is C-only! :) I'm having a vector... vector<Person> x; ... with a class I've defined (Person). I have several elements in this vector and I would like to save it to a file (binary (?)). And later on open up this file to retrieve... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: J.P
1 Replies

2. Programming

Linker error when using vector's

using SUN C++ I have a problem when I do a push_back on a vector. The linker gives me a undefined symbol error on __cxa_end_catch. Any ideas, is there a library to include? Thanks Chris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CDurkin
1 Replies

3. Programming

Vector Traversing

Hi i have the following structure struct S { char Mod_num; char val; char chr_nm_cd; } I am reading a 2GB file and inserting into the structure and writing into a vector. I feel like only vector will be a right option. I tried with multimap but it is memory intensive and hence i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
1 Replies

4. Programming

multidimensional array using c++ vector

Hi! I need to make dynamic multidimensional arrays using the vector class. I found in this page How to dynamically create a two dimensional array? - Microsoft: Visual C++ FAQ - Tek-Tips the way to do it in 2D, and now i'm trying to expand it to 3D but i don't understand how is the operator working,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carl.alv
0 Replies

5. Programming

c++ mutidimentional arrays using vector

Hi! I need to make dynamic multidimensional arrays using the vector class. I found in this page How to dynamically create a two dimensional array? - Microsoft: Visual C++ FAQ - Tek-Tips the way to do it in 2D, and now i'm trying to expand it to 3D but i don't understand how is the operator working,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carl.alv
1 Replies

6. Programming

C++ Map using a Vector as a Value Type?

I modified some code I found on Wikipedia concerning maps to see if it would work before applying it to a project I'm working on that has a similar idea. What I would want is for a user to be able to enter sentences and then be able to distinguish how many times a the person entered a word in a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcgb20
4 Replies

7. Programming

sort a vector

Hi all, I have a vector,the type of the element within it is list<int>,and i wanna sort this vector.So i implemented a function as a predicate for sort(the STL algorithm).Problem came when i missed the bold part in my code,g++ generated lots of error messages.And after i added the bold... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
4 Replies

8. Programming

Array and Vector

Hi all, from my understanding I understand that I can use array in this manner. struct test { int a; int b; int c; }; test testing; //creating an array with the structer type testing.a=1; testing.b=2; testing.c=3; If I'm not wrong we can use array in this manner,... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinzping
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vector normalisation

In AWK For 3 individual vectors of the form: -2.772 -9.341 -2.857 -5.140 -6.597 -1.823 -2.730 -5.615 1.159 I would like to write a script that parses line by line to (i) normalise, (ii) divide by the norm for *each* vector. I.e. sqrt(-2.772^2 + -9.341^2 + -2.857^2)=10.154 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
4 Replies

10. Programming

Number to bit vector

Is there a function to convert number (unsigned int for this example) to binary? I could not find a simple one thru google. While I was learning bloom filter with the example, I was wondering if anybody can help me to 1) display the real bits vector for the bloomfilter; 2) if dataset is very... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
11 Replies
SbVec2i32(3)							       Coin							      SbVec2i32(3)

NAME
SbVec2i32 - The SbVec2i32 class is a 2 dimensional vector with short integer coordinates. This vector class is used by many other classes in Coin. It provides storage for a vector in 2 dimensions as well as simple integer arithmetic operations. SYNOPSIS
#include <Inventor/SbLinear.h> Public Member Functions SbVec2i32 (void) SbVec2i32 (const int32_t v[2]) SbVec2i32 (int32_t x, int32_t y) SbVec2i32 (const SbVec2ui32 &v) SbVec2i32 (const SbVec2b &v) SbVec2i32 (const SbVec2s &v) SbVec2i32 (const SbVec2f &v) SbVec2i32 (const SbVec2d &v) SbVec2i32 & setValue (const int32_t v[2]) SbVec2i32 & setValue (int32_t x, int32_t y) SbVec2i32 & setValue (const SbVec2ui32 &v) SbVec2i32 & setValue (const SbVec2b &v) SbVec2i32 & setValue (const SbVec2s &v) SbVec2i32 & setValue (const SbVec2f &v) SbVec2i32 & setValue (const SbVec2d &v) const int32_t * getValue (void) const void getValue (int32_t &x, int32_t &y) const int32_t & operator[] (const int i) const int32_t & operator[] (const int i) const int32_t dot (const SbVec2i32 &v) const void negate (void) SbVec2i32 & operator*= (int d) SbVec2i32 & operator*= (double d) SbVec2i32 & operator/= (int d) SbVec2i32 & operator/= (double d) SbVec2i32 & operator+= (const SbVec2i32 &v) SbVec2i32 & operator-= (const SbVec2i32 &v) SbVec2i32 operator- (void) const void print (FILE *fp) const Protected Attributes int32_t vec [2] Related Functions (Note that these are not member functions.) SbVec2i32 operator* (const SbVec2i32 &v, int d) SbVec2i32 operator* (const SbVec2i32 &v, double d) SbVec2i32 operator* (int d, const SbVec2i32 &v) SbVec2i32 operator* (double d, const SbVec2i32 &v) SbVec2i32 operator/ (const SbVec2i32 &v, int d) SbVec2i32 operator/ (const SbVec2i32 &v, double d) SbVec2i32 operator+ (const SbVec2i32 &v1, const SbVec2i32 &v2) SbVec2i32 operator- (const SbVec2i32 &v1, const SbVec2i32 &v2) int operator== (const SbVec2i32 &v1, const SbVec2i32 &v2) int operator!= (const SbVec2i32 &v1, const SbVec2i32 &v2) Detailed Description The SbVec2i32 class is a 2 dimensional vector with short integer coordinates. This vector class is used by many other classes in Coin. It provides storage for a vector in 2 dimensions as well as simple integer arithmetic operations. See also: SbVec2f, SbVec2d, SbVec3s, SbVec3f, SbVec3d, SbVec4f, SbVec4d. Constructor &; Destructor Documentation SbVec2i32::SbVec2i32 (void) [inline] The default constructor does nothing. The vector coordinates will be uninitialized until you do a setValue(). SbVec2i32::SbVec2i32 (const int32_tv[2]) [inline] Constructs an SbVec2i32 instance with initial values from v. SbVec2i32::SbVec2i32 (int32_tx, int32_ty) [inline] Constructs an SbVec2i32 instance with the initial vector endpoints from x and y. SbVec2i32::SbVec2i32 (const SbVec2ui32 &v) [inline], [explicit] Since: Coin 2.5 SbVec2i32::SbVec2i32 (const SbVec2b &v) [inline], [explicit] Since: Coin 2.5 SbVec2i32::SbVec2i32 (const SbVec2s &v) [inline], [explicit] Since: Coin 2.5 SbVec2i32::SbVec2i32 (const SbVec2f &v) [inline], [explicit] Since: Coin 2.5 SbVec2i32::SbVec2i32 (const SbVec2d &v) [inline], [explicit] Since: Coin 2.5 Member Function Documentation SbVec2i32 & SbVec2i32::setValue (const int32_tv[2]) [inline] Set new x and y coordinates for the vector from v. Returns reference to self. See also: getValue(). SbVec2i32 & SbVec2i32::setValue (int32_tx, int32_ty) [inline] Set new x and y coordinates for the vector. Returns reference to self. See also: getValue(). SbVec2i32 & SbVec2i32::setValue (const SbVec2ui32 &v) Since: Coin 2.5 SbVec2i32 & SbVec2i32::setValue (const SbVec2b &v) Since: Coin 2.5 SbVec2i32 & SbVec2i32::setValue (const SbVec2s &v) Since: Coin 2.5 SbVec2i32 & SbVec2i32::setValue (const SbVec2f &v) Since: Coin 2.5 SbVec2i32 & SbVec2i32::setValue (const SbVec2d &v) Since: Coin 2.5 const int32_t * SbVec2i32::getValue (void) const [inline] Returns a pointer to an array of two floats containing the x and y coordinates of the vector. See also: setValue(). void SbVec2i32::getValue (int32_t &x, int32_t &y) const [inline] Returns the x and y coordinates of the vector. See also: setValue(). int32_t & SbVec2i32::operator[] (const inti) [inline] Index operator. Returns modifiable x or y coordinate. See also: getValue() and setValue(). const int32_t & SbVec2i32::operator[] (const inti) const [inline] Index operator. Returns x or y coordinate. See also: getValue(). int32_t SbVec2i32::dot (const SbVec2i32 &v) const [inline] Calculates and returns the result of taking the dot product of this vector and v. void SbVec2i32::negate (void) [inline] Negate the vector (i.e. point it in the opposite direction). SbVec2i32 & SbVec2i32::operator*= (intd) [inline] Multiply components of vector with value d. Returns reference to self. SbVec2i32 & SbVec2i32::operator*= (doubled) Multiply components of vector with value d. Returns reference to self. SbVec2i32 & SbVec2i32::operator/= (intd) [inline] Divides components of vector with value d. Returns reference to self. SbVec2i32 & SbVec2i32::operator/= (doubled) [inline] Divides components of vector with value d. Returns reference to self. SbVec2i32 & SbVec2i32::operator+= (const SbVec2i32 &v) [inline] Adds this vector and vector v. Returns reference to self. SbVec2i32 & SbVec2i32::operator-= (const SbVec2i32 &v) [inline] Subtracts vector u from this vector. Returns reference to self. SbVec2i32 SbVec2i32::operator- (void) const [inline] Non-destructive negation operator. Returns a new SbVec2i32 instance which points in the opposite direction of this vector. See also: negate(). void SbVec2i32::print (FILE *fp) const Dump the state of this object to the file stream. Only works in debug version of library, method does nothing in an optimized compile. Friends And Related Function Documentation SbVec2i32 operator* (const SbVec2i32 &v, intd) [related] Returns an SbVec2i32 instance which is the components of vector v multiplied with d. SbVec2i32 operator* (const SbVec2i32 &v, doubled) [related] Returns an SbVec2i32 instance which is the components of vector v multiplied with d. SbVec2i32 operator* (intd, const SbVec2i32 &v) [related] Returns an SbVec2i32 instance which is the components of vector v multiplied with d. SbVec2i32 operator* (doubled, const SbVec2i32 &v) [related] Returns an SbVec2i32 instance which is the components of vector v multiplied with d. SbVec2i32 operator/ (const SbVec2i32 &v, intd) [related] Returns an SbVec2i32 instance which is the components of vector v divided on d. SbVec2i32 operator/ (const SbVec2i32 &v, doubled) [related] Returns an SbVec2i32 instance which is the components of vector v divided on d. SbVec2i32 operator+ (const SbVec2i32 &v1, const SbVec2i32 &v2) [related] Returns an SbVec2i32 instance which is the sum of vectors v1 and v2. SbVec2i32 operator- (const SbVec2i32 &v1, const SbVec2i32 &v2) [related] Returns an SbVec2i32 instance which is vector v2 subtracted from vector v1. int operator== (const SbVec2i32 &v1, const SbVec2i32 &v2) [related] Returns 1 if v1 and v2 are equal, 0 otherwise. int operator!= (const SbVec2i32 &v1, const SbVec2i32 &v2) [related] Returns 1 if v1 and v2 are not equal, 0 if they are equal. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for Coin from the source code. Version 3.1.3 Wed May 23 2012 SbVec2i32(3)