Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: squid&elinks config
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers squid&elinks config Post 302581274 by G30 on Monday 12th of December 2011 02:57:18 PM
Old 12-12-2011
no , i don't have another account
thank you for that i will try it now

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Squid upgrade & run help needed

dear frnds, i m very new linux environment & is looking to deploy squid proxy server using Fedora 9. but i do not know anything abt all this. i have installed fedora in default mode & it has squid already installed. now i want to upgrade the squid to current version. i tried to use yum to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ondemandemails
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pine, Alpine and ELinks

Hello. I'm running Mac OS X 10.5. I am completely new to UNIX and also to command line. I'm trying to setup an email client and a web browser. Google told me Pine was a good idea for email, so I got Pine. I thought it would be like other email clients, like Thunderbird, so that I can use IMAP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saithesci
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Cannot logon using elinks

There are some computers in the firm that have no GUI, so I use elinks (ELinks - Full-Featured Text WWW Browser) to access the internet. However, logging onto the unix.com forums is not possible, because the page hangs at "Thank you for logging onto the forums, " There is also a line "Please click... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
6 Replies

4. IP Networking

IP routing & Squid

Hello, I have a Squid Proxy Web content filtering three subnets, the matter is that each subnet has a separate gateway and with the implementation of the proxy, all traffic is routed to a single link. Any idea how to fix it? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kev_2108
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Squid vs iptables = no Squid access.log?

Hello, I have a pretty useless satellite link at home (far from any civilization), so I wanted to set up caching in order to speed things up. My Squid 2.6 runs "3128 transparent" and is set up quite well on a separate machine. I also have my dd-wrt router to move all port 80 traffic through... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: theWojtek
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

squid proxy: one NIC for inbound & one NIC for outbound?

I am new in squid proxy. My question is how to (and if it's necessary) to set one NIC for inbound traffic (http requests) and one NIC for outbound traffic (http answers)? Thank you in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies
dsenableroot(8) 					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					   dsenableroot(8)

NAME
dsenableroot -- enables or disables the root account. SYNOPSIS
dsenableroot [-d] [-u username] [-p password] [-r rootPassword] DESCRIPTION
dsenableroot sets the password for the root account if enabling the root user account. Otherwise, if disable [-d] is chosen, the root account passwords are removed and the root user is disabled. A list of flags and their descriptions: -u username Username of a user that has administrative privileges on this computer. -p password Password to use in conjunction with the specified username. If this is not specified, you will be prompted for entry. -r rootPassword Password to be used for the root account. If this is not specified for enabling, you will be prompted for entry. EXAMPLES
-dsenableroot Your username will be used and you will be queried for both your password and the new root password to be set to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d Your username will be used and you will be queried for only your password to disable the root account. -dsenableroot -u username -p userpassword -r rootpassword The supplied arguments will be used to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d -u username -p userpassword The supplied arguments will be used to disable the root account. Mac OS August 08 2003 Mac OS