Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Siri and the future of scripters, and people like us... Post 302581001 by drl on Sunday 11th of December 2011 05:41:32 PM
Old 12-11-2011
Hi.

The "speaking to a computer" near-future that always struck me as realistic was in Blade Runner, see below ... cheers, drl

Esper Photo Analysis - YouTube

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix for MS People

Hello Unix gods! I'm probably a pretty good programmer (on the windows/web/asp/iis side of things) with a good background in IT, but am looking for a new and fresh challenge, hence, I purchased a Sun Ultra5 system with Solaris 7 installed!! I'm quite good when it comes to "IBM compatibles" and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NEWX
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attention Shell Scripters

Hi mates, Hope this is very simple for those who r well versed wth scripting but I'm literally new to scripting so please guys help me out in writing these basic scripts.I'm using Bash and Vi editor. 1 ....How to write a script that takes a file as an argument. The script should be able to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobby36
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Finding people

Since this is a place for very smart, expert tech people I wanted to know if anyone knew a site or way to find accurate info on the whereabouts of relatives online. I am looking for a reputable site where I can find more then just last registered address. I need cell phone or recent email... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedder191
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Future dates.

If I have a script that writes the name of the file based on today, tomorrow, and the day after tomorrow. How would I modify the line echo "filename.${PDY}${CYC}" >>CONTROL to reflect tomorrow and the day after tomorrow and write it to the file called CONTROL? Since ${PDY} shows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: libertyforall
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

What people should be aware of

I you haven't already see it yet, I just wanted to share with you the following video : How lobbies controls international organizations regarding Food/Health ... Dailymotion - NWO - Nouvel Ordre Mondial - Codex Alimentarius - Food Plan - une vidéo News & Politics What happen when fees come... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctsgnb
2 Replies
URI::URL(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     URI::URL(3pm)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3pm)