Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to use linux command in c++? Post 302580973 by Corona688 on Sunday 11th of December 2011 12:36:26 PM
Old 12-11-2011
Try

Code:
int main(void)
{
        char buf[65536];
        // Fully buffered -- only writes to terminal on fflush()
        setvbuf(stdout, buf, _IOFB, 65536);

// Clear terminal with escape codes
        printf("\x1b[H\x1b[2J");
        // print a bunch of stuff
        fflush(stdout); // make it show up on the terminal all in one go
}

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ps command on linux

Hello everyone, Simple I think? The ps command on linux seem to cut off the full command and makes grep useless, unlike Solaris. Here is an example: Solaris ps -aef|grep blue larry 7111 1 0 Mar 26 ? 0:00 xterm -fg white -bg black -cr blue -j -s -sl 100 Linux ps -aef|grep blue ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux command

whats mean of ll -lart and ll -alrt ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amol munde
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

F1 in Linux command

Hi, In my root directory i have folder1, folder2, folder3. The folder1 has folder1.1, folder1.2, folder1.3 subdirectories. Similary folder2 has folder2.1, folder2.2, folder2.3 etc. Same for rest of the folders. I have many such folders like folder4, folder5.......upto folder30 in my root... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keshi
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Command Error for nawk command

Hi All We are migrating our projects from unix environment to linux. I tried running a install script which sets up my project, i.e. the directory structure and all. But in the middle of the script i started receiveing following error : nawk: command not found . So i need to know which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vee_789
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux command needed

guys im new here and i need help with some linux commands. filea has keyword on each line identity aaa bbb ccc i have following commands. egrep 'www.identity' ~/home/m3 >~/home/lopo2 wc -l file ~/home/lopo2 say lopo2 has 44 lines then output saved is identity 44 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahfze
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple sed command not working; could be a Mac/Linux vs. PC/Linux issue

Hello, I am on a Mac and trying to clean up some monthly files with a very simple SED: sed '3,10d;/<ACROSS>/,$d' input.txt > output.txt (from the input, delete lines 3 - 10; then delete from the line containing <ACROSS> to the end of the file) then output to output.txt Even when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verbatim
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux find command seems to not transmit all the result to the '-exec command'

Hello. From a script, a command for a test is use : find /home/user_install -maxdepth 1 -type f -newer /tmp/000_skel_file_deb ! -newer /tmp/000_skel_file_end -name '.bashrc' -o -name '.profile' -o -name '.gtkrc-2.0' -o -name '.i18n' -o -name '.inputrc' Tha command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
SETBUF(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 SETBUF(3)

NAME
setbuf, setbuffer, setlinebuf, setvbuf - stream buffering operations SYNOPSIS
#include <stdio.h> void setbuf(FILE *stream, char *buf); void setbuffer(FILE *stream, char *buf, size_t size); void setlinebuf(FILE *stream); int setvbuf(FILE *stream, char *buf, int mode, size_t size); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): setbuffer(), setlinebuf(): Since glibc 2.19: _DEFAULT_SOURCE Glibc 2.19 and earlier: _BSD_SOURCE DESCRIPTION
The three types of buffering available are unbuffered, block buffered, and line buffered. When an output stream is unbuffered, information appears on the destination file or terminal as soon as written; when it is block buffered many characters are saved up and written as a block; when it is line buffered characters are saved up until a newline is output or input is read from any stream attached to a terminal device (typically stdin). The function fflush(3) may be used to force the block out early. (See fclose(3).) Normally all files are block buffered. If a stream refers to a terminal (as stdout normally does), it is line buffered. The standard error stream stderr is always unbuffered by default. The setvbuf() function may be used on any open stream to change its buffer. The mode argument must be one of the following three macros: _IONBF unbuffered _IOLBF line buffered _IOFBF fully buffered Except for unbuffered files, the buf argument should point to a buffer at least size bytes long; this buffer will be used instead of the current buffer. If the argument buf is NULL, only the mode is affected; a new buffer will be allocated on the next read or write opera- tion. The setvbuf() function may be used only after opening a stream and before any other operations have been performed on it. The other three calls are, in effect, simply aliases for calls to setvbuf(). The setbuf() function is exactly equivalent to the call setvbuf(stream, buf, buf ? _IOFBF : _IONBF, BUFSIZ); The setbuffer() function is the same, except that the size of the buffer is up to the caller, rather than being determined by the default BUFSIZ. The setlinebuf() function is exactly equivalent to the call: setvbuf(stream, NULL, _IOLBF, 0); RETURN VALUE
The function setvbuf() returns 0 on success. It returns nonzero on failure (mode is invalid or the request cannot be honored). It may set errno on failure. The other functions do not return a value. ATTRIBUTES
For an explanation of the terms used in this section, see attributes(7). +------------------------+---------------+---------+ |Interface | Attribute | Value | +------------------------+---------------+---------+ |setbuf(), setbuffer(), | Thread safety | MT-Safe | |setlinebuf(), setvbuf() | | | +------------------------+---------------+---------+ CONFORMING TO
The setbuf() and setvbuf() functions conform to C89 and C99. BUGS
You must make sure that the space that buf points to still exists by the time stream is closed, which also happens at program termination. For example, the following is invalid: #include <stdio.h> int main(void) { char buf[BUFSIZ]; setbuf(stdin, buf); printf("Hello, world! "); return 0; } SEE ALSO
stdbuf(1), fclose(3), fflush(3), fopen(3), fread(3), malloc(3), printf(3), puts(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2017-09-15 SETBUF(3)