Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris "Device busy" When Reopening Serial Port Post 302580972 by Jim Ryan on Sunday 11th of December 2011 12:34:39 PM
Old 12-11-2011
Thanks. I'll download that utility try it tomorrow morning.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

serial port device path

hi. Im trying to install a switch. And the manual says i should type a command including a SerialPortDevicePath. which is the filepath to serial port used for connection. However.. nothing about how to find this info. Could anyone help me where to find this path? thx mr.T (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tyskertøs
6 Replies

2. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Mapping between "Pseudo name" and "Logical device ID" in powerpath with SVM changed....

Dear All, I was having powerpath 5.2 on SUN server with SVM connected to CLARIION box.Please find the following output : root # powermt display dev=all Pseudo name=emcpower3a CLARiiON ID=CK200073400372 Logical device ID=60060160685D1E004DD97FB647BFDC11 state=alive; policy=CLAROpt;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Reboot
1 Replies

3. Linux

Umount of a "busy" disk

A product I am working on manages storage. We are currently porting it from Solaris to Linux. The product allows its user, among other things, to add and remove file server volumes, where these volumes are exported using the NFS or the CIFS protocol. The problem is that when the user requests to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhzdh
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX rm -rf error "rm: cannot remove `filename' : Device or resource busy"

Hi Everyone, I am trying to remove a directory: $ rm -rf directory_name/ rm: cannot remove `directory_name/filename': Device or resource busy What does this mean, and why can't I remove these files? I already tried moving into the directory, and removing the files individually, but I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna_Z
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

Find out which eth or device belongs to interface "port 1 PCI 4"

Hi, I´ve given only this info to configure a network interface : "port 1 PCI 4" I´ve been searching for any kind of relationship in the system which allow me to find the etc that must be configured... Please, could anybody help me? rhxx:#/root# lspci |grep -i "PCI BRIDGE" 00:01.0 PCI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
0 Replies

7. SCO

NFS umount shows the "Device busy (Error 16)"

Hi there After making a backup copy of it sometimes happens that when I want to unmount an NFS indicates the error:umount: /path_mount busy: Device busy (Error 16) if I run lsoff, I can not find the process that is blocking the application. I'm using OpenServer 5.0.2c as one NFS server ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
14 Replies

8. Solaris

How to remove a LUN in "Online Busy" state?

Hi all, I have a LUN that is in "Online Busy" when I issue the dev_gestate subcommand of luxadm: root@es088wb6:~# luxadm -v -e dev_getstate /dev/rdsk/c21t50050763090887FEd4s2 phys path = "/devices/pci@6c0/pci@1/pci@0/pci@4/SUNW,qlc@0/fp@0,0/ssd@w50050763090887fe,4:c,raw" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ludiegu
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
RFCOMM_SPPD(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					    RFCOMM_SPPD(1)

NAME
rfcomm_sppd -- RFCOMM Serial Port Profile daemon SYNOPSIS
rfcomm_sppd [-bhtS] -a address -c channel DESCRIPTION
The rfcomm_sppd utility is a Serial Port Profile daemon. It can operate in two modes: client and server. In client mode, rfcomm_sppd opens RFCOMM connection to the specified address server and channel. Once connection is established, the rfcomm_sppd utility provides access to the server's remote serial port via stdin/stdout or via pts(4) interface if -t option was specified. If the -S option is specified, rfcomm_sppd will operate in server mode and act as RFCOMM server, listening on ANY address and advertising a virtual serial port via the sdpd(8) daemon. If -t options was specified, the server side of the virtual serial port is attached to a pseudo- terminal. Otherwise the virtual serial port is attached to the stdin/stdout. rfcomm_sppd should be run as root in order to communicate with sdpd(8) in this case. The rfcomm_sppd utility opens both master and slave pseudo terminals. This is done to ensure that RFCOMM connection stays open until rfcomm_sppd is terminated. The data received from the master pseudo terminal are sent over the RFCOMM connection. The data received from the RFCOMM connection are written into master pseudo terminal. The application in its turn opens the slave pseudo terminal and operates on it just like it would operate over the standard serial port. The options are as follows: -a address In client mode, this required option specifies the address of the remote RFCOMM server. If this option is specified in server mode, rfcomm_sppd will only accept connections from the Bluetooth device with address address. The address can be specified as BD_ADDR or name. If name was specified then rfcomm_sppd utility will attempt to resolve the name via bt_gethostbyname(3). -b Detach from the controlling terminal, i.e., run in background. -c channel In both client and server mode, this option specifies the RFCOMM channel to connect to or listen on. In server mode, the channel should be a number between 1 and 30. If not specified, rfcomm_sppd will try to bind to ``wildcard'' RFCOMM channel number. The actual RFCOMM channel will be obtained via getsockname(2) call and will be used to register Serial Port service with sdpd(8). In client mode, the channel could either be a number between 1 and 30 or a service name. Supported service names are: DUN (for DialUp Networking service), FAX (for Fax service), LAN (for LAN Access Using PPP service) and SP (for Serial Port service). If channel was not specified then rfcomm_sppd utility will try to obtain RFCOMM channel for Serial Port service via Service Discovery Protocol from the server. -h Display usage message and exit. -S Server mode; see DESCRIPTION. -t Use slave pseudo tty. If not set stdin/stdout will be used. This option is required if -b option was specified. FILES
/dev/pts/[num] slave pseudo terminals EXIT STATUS
The rfcomm_sppd utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
rfcomm_sppd -a 00:01:02:03:04:05 -c 1 -t Will start the rfcomm_sppd utility and open RFCOMM connection to the server at 00:01:02:03:04:05 and channel 1. Once the connection has been established, a pts(4) can be used to talk to the remote serial port on the server. rfcomm_sppd prints the name of the pts(4) to use on std- out. SEE ALSO
bluetooth(3), ng_btsocket(4), pts(4), rfcomm_pppd(8), sdpd(8) AUTHORS
Maksim Yevmenkin <m_evmenkin@yahoo.com> BUGS
Please report if found. BSD
April 21, 2008 BSD