Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help me plz
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help me plz Post 302580959 by last exile on Sunday 11th of December 2011 11:20:03 AM
Old 12-11-2011
No it's bonus questions
I really need the answer

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz Help How should I configure cc compiler output file plz help???

i.e configuration of C compiler :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
4 Replies

2. Programming

plz help!

i'm pretty new to unix programming. i just wanna know how exactly fork(), waitpid() works. i have read some from the book, but it's still confusing. especially with those < 0 and == 0. plz help!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ligerdave
1 Replies

3. Programming

plz help

alright, i just got this assignment. since im very new to unix programming, i would like to have some ideas about it. honestly, i dont even know what the hell he is asking for. plz see the attached pdf and help me out. thank you :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ligerdave
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz help me

how i can download the game plz tell me ????? ty :) :) :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sora21
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz help

I am a newbie to Unix, I am using vi editor. I was able to print output to the screen using simple scripts. But when I tried a midlevel script I don't see anything on the screen and Cursor is just blinking when I type ./test11 filename. I have used chmod 755 also, but of no use. Any help would... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandab
3 Replies

6. Solaris

can anyone help plz

hi I have been given a new Sun fire V120 which i had no use for but my firend wished to host a maple story sever on it so i was happy to let him use it but i have run in to the problem that i have no clue how to configure it so he can use it if anyone can help we would realy appreciate it. Am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdsars
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

plz help me

this script reads source.txt and move and random choice 6 files among 25 txt file and renmame it.. but it is not executed.. whats problem? #!/bin/ksh while read line do cd $line/radmin num=0 /bin/ls *.txt | while read file_nm ; do (( check = $RANDOM % 2 )) if ; then continue... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: topic32428285
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PLZ help..!!

plz help me with this question : 1111 | aaaa | pppp | 23/9/87 3333 | dddd | oooo | 6/9/8 4444 | gggg | rrrr | 5/8/9 5555 | qqqq | eeee ans: 5555 | qqqq | eeee depending upon how many "|" are in the question be quick.. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityamitra
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

plz help me

hi... i want to print the below format by using shell scripting...plz help me 1 1 2 1 2 3 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 5 Thanking u in advance... regards ram (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ram_pl
1 Replies
QUIZ(6) 							 BSD Games Manual							   QUIZ(6)

NAME
quiz -- random knowledge tests SYNOPSIS
quiz [-t] [-i file] [question answer] DESCRIPTION
The quiz utility tests your knowledge of random facts. It has a database of subjects from which you can choose. With no arguments, quiz displays the list of available subjects. The options are as follows: -t Use tutorial mode, in which questions are repeated later if you didn't get them right the first time, and new questions are presented less frequently to help you learn the older ones. -i Specify an alternative index file. Subjects are divided into categories. You can pick any two categories from the same subject. quiz will ask questions from the first cate- gory and it expects answers from the second category. For example, the command ``quiz victim killer'' asks questions which are the names of victims, and expects you to answer with the cause of their untimely demise, whereas the command ``quiz killer victim'' works the other way around. If you get the answer wrong, quiz lets you try again. To see the right answer, enter a blank line. Index and Data File Syntax The index and data files have a similar syntax. Lines in them consist of several categories separated by colons. The categories are regular expressions formed using the following meta-characters: pat|pat alternative patterns {pat} optional pattern [pat] delimiters, as in pat[pat|pat]pat In an index file, each line represents a subject. The first category in each subject is the pathname of the data file for the subject. The remaining categories are regular expressions for the titles of each category in the subject. In data files, each line represents a question/answer set. Each category is the information for the question/answer for that category. The backslash character (``'') is used to quote syntactically significant characters, or at the end of a line to signify that a continuation line follows. If either a question or its answer is empty, quiz will refrain from asking it. FILES
/usr/share/games/quiz.db The default index and data files. BUGS
quiz is pretty cynical about certain subjects. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD