Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware SSD - motherboard compatibility question Post 302580943 by figaro on Sunday 11th of December 2011 09:02:29 AM
Old 12-11-2011
There you go. Now all the Linux folks have to do is lobby for a driver to be written or write one ourselves.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which motherboard???

Hello All I'm looking to buy a new motherboard because my current one (ABIT BE6-II v1.1) doesn't support the installation of Unix. I'd like to keep my CPU (Genuine Intel PIII 800 Mhz) and memory (512 Meg) to use on the new motherboard. My CPU is one of those cartridge types which is mounted... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: purloiner
5 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Motherboard Compatibility

Hi there,, I URGENTLY need to know if the Gigabyte GA 8IDML Motherboard is compatible with the Unix BSD. We need to know if we should buy new boards before we can use the product. Thanking you Hannelie Bosch:confused: :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hbosch
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need BIOS drivers for motherboard

Does anyone know a good driver site. If you've heard of driverguide.com or driversearch.com please do not reccomend them because I already know them. I need to know where to get Motherboard drivers for a homemade computer. If there is any info that you need to know feel free to make a reply. :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: computek
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing Motherboard

My UNIX (SCO) crashed. I replaced the MB and tried reconfiguring all the devices etc...the system detects the NIC ok, but the following are not working properly a) keyboard/credit card swipe which connects to PS/2 port not working b) unable to connect to another PC in the small network c)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maakus
0 Replies

5. Linux

Intel 965 motherboard series

Can anybody help me about 965 motherboard? I have one, and i want visual console on it in RHEL5. If anyone has the module any any form plz send it for me. I will very thankful to U. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: talk2hod
0 Replies

6. Solaris

corrupted motherboard

hi i have a sun server V890 and i added two cpu/memory modules to it but it caused the motherboard to become corrupted could you please help me find what causes this problem and how to avoid it because i changed the corrupted motherboard and i want to do the expansion and I'm scared that ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bahjatm
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Change motherboard

Hello, I am fairly new to Solaris ... You can change the motherboard of a computer with solaris 10? Exist a tutorial for this or can you tell me how to do this? Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sedos
3 Replies
MICROCODE_CTL(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  MICROCODE_CTL(8)

NAME
microcode_ctl - microcode utility for Intel IA32 processors SYNOPSIS
microcode_ctl [-h] [-i] [-u [-q]] [-Q] [-f microcode] DESCRIPTION
The microcode_ctl utility is a companion to the IA32 microcode driver written by Tigran Aivazian <tigran@veritas.com>. The utility has two uses: a) it decodes and sends new microcode to the kernel driver to be uploaded to Intel IA32 processors. (Pentium Pro, PII, Celeron, PIII, Xeon, Pentium 4 etc) b) it signals the kernel driver to release the buffers containing the copy of microcode data actually applied to given CPU, linear array of 2048 bytes per CPU, see struct microcode in include/asm/processor.h for information on the layout of chunks buffers may hold The microcode update is volatile and needs to be uploaded on each system boot i.e. it doesn't reflash your cpu permanently, reboot and it reverts back to the old microcode. -h display usage and exit -i release any buffers held in microcode driver -u upload microcode (from default filename) -f upload microcode from named Intel formatted file -q run silently when successful -Q run silently even on failure EXAMPLE
microcode_ctl -iu Upload and free kernel buffers FILES
/etc/microcode.dat The default microcode location AUTHOR
Microcode utility written by Simon Trimmer Linux Kernel driver written by Tigran Aivazian. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to either Simon Trimmer <simon@veritas.com> or Tigran Aivazian <tigran@veritas.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000 VERITAS Software This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SPECIAL THANKS
Thanks to the Intel Corporation, for supplying microcode update data and publishing the specifications that enabled us to write microcode driver for Linux. SEE ALSO
The brave are recommended to view the driver source code located in the Linux Kernel source tree in arch/i386/kernel/microcode.c Visit http://www.urbanmyth.org/microcode/ for more information and microcode updates. microcode_ctl 17 January 2001 MICROCODE_CTL(8)