Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Please guide me the linux administrator certification course Post 302580861 by frappa on Saturday 10th of December 2011 01:09:32 PM
Old 12-10-2011
Hi,
rhce is just one of the vendor-dependent certifications: you can learn more about this kind of certification by searching for info on each vendor homepage. I don't think one vendor-dependent cert. is better than another, unless you are aiming to lend a job at a specific company that is heavily using your distribution of choice.

On the other hand, vendor-independent certifications give you a hands-on knowledge of general linux systems, independent of the specific distribution or commercial vendor. Such an example is the LPI (see LPI.org for more info).

On the other hand, keeep in mind that, although a certification demostrates your 'knowledge' of the system, companies that are looking for employees often tend do 'downlook' certifications compared to real-world, on-the-job experience (this is the impression received by me by reading posts on threads talking about certifications and employability correlation on professional networking websites like linkedin).

Good luck on your journey on becoming a sysadmin!

see ya
fra

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Linux certification ...

Hi guys, Just one question, is getting certified by one of LPIC program really worth it? (looking for job, etc ...) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Certification.

Hi, I am planning to do a certification in Linux for beginners level. I am confused with SCSAS cerification, RHCT and LPIC level1. Can any one guide me for this. And also please let me know details about the institute availabe in India. Regards, Siba Sankar Nayak (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Unix Administrator and Linux Administrator transition

Hello Unix Experts, I'm going to be graduating with a CIS (Computer Information Systems) degree in the coming year. I have been offered an internship with a job title of Unix Administrator under a well known company. I understand that Unix is used for high-end servers in many large... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brentmd24
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Certification HP Certified Systems Administrator

Helle everyone, I want to get the Certification HP Certified Systems Administrator. But i dont understand exactly how much exams do i need to pass. Question : which exams do i have to passe to get this certificate? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunaz
9 Replies

5. Red Hat

Certification for linux

I have the query of how to become linux certified. Additionally, it will be very helpful if some information can be provided of how one can prepare for these certifications. I hope, my question is clear. Please help in solving the doubt. Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ran_sush
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

RedHat administrator certification

Hi All, I want to get certified as RedHat administrator and i though why not to use this wonderfull forum to ask this question. Can someone please let me know some good institues in 'Mumbai' from where i can take RedHat courses and get certified. Also it will be of great help if i can get... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
0 Replies
MMCFORMAT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      MMCFORMAT(8)

NAME
mmcformat -- format optical media SYNOPSIS
mmcformat [-BDFGHhIMOpRrSsw] [-b blockingnr] [-c cert-num] special DESCRIPTION
The mmcformat utility formats optical media conforming to the MMC standard. This includes CD, DVD, and Blu-Ray (BD) media. The options are as follows: -B Blank media when possible before formatting it. -b blockingnr Explicitly select packet size in sectors (for CD-RW only). It is not recommended to change this from its default of 32. -c cert-num Certify media for DVD-RAM / DV-RE. The argument cert-num specifies: 0 no certification 1 full certification 2 quick certification -D Debug mode. Print all SCSI/ATAPI command errors. -F Format media. -G Grow last CD-RW/DVD-RW session. -H Show help and print formatting choices for the inserted media. -h Show help and print formatting choices for the inserted media. -I Show help and print formatting choices for the inserted media. -M Select MRW (Mount Rainier) error correcting background format. -O Old style CD-RW formatting; recommended for CD-RW. -p Explicitly set packet format. -R Restart previously stopped MCD-MRW or DVD+RW background format. -r Recompile defect list for DVD-RAM. -S Grow spare space DVD-RAM / BD-RE. -s Format DVD+MRW / BD-RE with extra spare space. -w Wait until completion of background format. NOTES
Due to the enormous varieties in optical media, mmcformat is made as generic as possible. This can result in confusion. EXAMPLES
mmcformat -B -O /dev/rcd0d Blanks and then formats a CD-RW disc using the ``old style'' format command. It is recommended to use this ``old style'' command unless your drive reports that it's not supported; in that case, resort to the default -F. Note that a CD-RW disc can be reformatted without being blanked. Blanking switches between sequential and fixed packet writing by erasing the disc. This can also help to revive old discs. mmcformat -F -M /dev/rcd0d Format a CD-RW or a DVD+RW to use MRW (Mount Rainier). This format tries to hide media flaws as much as possible by relocation. SEE ALSO
scsictl(8) HISTORY
The mmcformat command first appeared in NetBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
Reinoud Zandijk <reinoud@NetBSD.org> BUGS
mmcformat could be merged with scsictl(8) but that tool is very hard disk oriented. BSD
May 9, 2008 BSD