Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting calling a plsql procedure through shell script Post 302580860 by durden_tyler on Saturday 10th of December 2011 11:48:25 AM
Old 12-10-2011
I don't quite understand the code fully.

(1) Could you please put your code within code tags? It's difficult to read as it is.

(2) You have two overloaded procedures called "create_1099k_data". One calls the other, you set p_startdt and p_enddt in the wrapper, and pass it to the other. But you don't use it in the second procedure! What's the point of passing it then?

(3) What's the purpose of the "proc_name" local variable in the invoked procedure? It's declared and assigned, but never used.

(4) There's a MERGE statement inside a CURSOR..FOR loop in the invoked procedure. You fetch data from "portfolio_merchants" in the cursor query, but then you also use the same table/view in the SELECT part of the MERGE statement. If that's the case, then you could probably do away with the CURSOR..FOR loop by adding the filter conditions of the cursor query into the SELECT part of the MERGE.

(5) Finally, your first post mentions something about "piecewise" processing, but I don't see how or where it is applicable in the posted code.

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling stored procedure from shell script.

Hi All, This is a very starnge problem I am having. I have a shell script that calls a stored procedure. Here's my code in shell script: sqlplus "userid/pwd" @file.sql and file.sql has the following statement: exec my_storedProc; Now, when I execute my shell script, nothing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyamurthy2005
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling stored procedure from shell script

HI, I have a similar problem to thread 18264, only I couldn't get it to work. https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=18264 I have a stored procedure which is called by a shell script program. When I run the stored procedure alone or through the shell script, it works fine with output text... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorisw
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling an Oracle Stored Procedure from Unix shell script

hai, can anybody say how to call or to execute an oracle stored procedure in oracle from unix... thanks in advance.... for ur reply.... by, leo (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leojhose
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

calling plsql function in a unix script

Could anyone please help me. I have a function in plsql that returns a number. But i am listing some records through that function using DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE. I want to catch those records by executing this function through a unix script. The following shows what i did echo "Connected from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cobroraj
2 Replies

5. Programming

Calling procedure through Unix Shell

Hi can anyone help me in how to 1) invoke batch profile to run sqlplus on XXXXX server. 2) execute truncate table xtra.xtra_card_email_request using procedure dbadmin.truncate_table . 3) Check the count before and after the job run. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jakred
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling procedure through Unix Shell

how to 1) invoke batch profile to run sqlplus on XXXXX server. 2) execute truncate table xtra.xtra_card_email_request using procedure dbadmin.truncate_table . 3) Check the count before and after the job run. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jakred
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Calling unix script from sql or plsql

Hi Can anyone please let me know how to call unix scripts from sql or plsql ASAP. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksailesh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling pl/sql procedure from shell and return values

How could I call an Oracle PL/SQL procedure from any shell (bash) and catch returning value from that procedure (out param) or get a returning value if it's a function. also, I got into trouble when I tried to send a number as a param #!/bin/bash -e username=$1 pwd=$2 baza=$3... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bongo
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to give plsql procedure output

##Execute the EDW_MEM_KEY_UPDATE procedure ext_sta=`sqlplus -s ${Connstr} <<eof set heading off; set pagesize 0; set feedback off; set serveroutput on; execute EDW_MEM_KEY_UPDATE ; quit; here` vara="ORA-" var=`echo $ext_sta | grep -c $vara ` Hi All, above is a part of my unix... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamnoone
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sub script calling procedure

Hi, I have a doubt regarding how sub scripts will be executed and interested to know internal workflow, For example - My main script is A,it calls a script B then B will call some C....and so on. Then B script run parallel to A or it will wait B to execute then A will continue. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
1 Replies
XtMenuPopdown() 														   XtMenuPopdown()

Name
  XtMenuPopdown - built-in action for popping down a widget.

Synopsis (Translation Table)
  <Event sequence>: XtMenuPopdown([shell])

Inputs
  shell     An optional argument which specifies the name of the shell to pop down.

Availability
  This action is named MenuPopdown prior to Release 4.

Description
  XtMenuPopdown  is a predefined action procedure which does not have a corresponding public C routine.  It can only be invoked from a trans-
  lation table.  If passed an argument, that argument is interpreted as a shell name, and XtMenuPopdown tries to  find	the  named  shell  by
  looking up the widget tree starting at the parent of the widget in which it is invoked.  If it finds a shell with the specified name in the
  popup children of that parent, it pops down the shell by calling XtPopdown(); otherwise, it moves  up  the  parent  chain  as  needed.   If
  XtMenuPopdown  gets  to the application top-level shell widget and cannot find a matching shell, it generates a warning and returns immedi-
  ately.  If XtMenuPopdown is called with no argument, it calls XtPopdown() on the widget for which the translation is specified.

Usage
  Note that XtMenuPopdown is an action procedure; you cannot call it from C code.

The action name MenuPopdown is a synonym for XtMenuPopdown.  Either action can be used to pop down menus or other popup shells.

Popup shells can also be popped down by calling XtPopdown() explicitly, or by using the predefined callback procedure XtCallbackPopdown().

The action XtMenuPopup can be used to pop up a spring-loaded popup from a translation table.

See Also
  XtCallbackPopdown(1), XtMenuPopup(1), XtPopDown(1), XtPopup(1), XtPopupSpringLoaded(1).

Xt - Pop Ups															   XtMenuPopdown()