Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers 1 SSH tunnel, 2 devices: 1 "just works," other gets challenged Post 302580829 by unisoftdesign on Friday 9th of December 2011 08:35:46 PM
Old 12-09-2011
You possibly need to look into that bind error or what your scripts are doing related to bind/dns/tcp?

Also, make yourself a little diagram with IP addresses, and IP ports: you can only use an IP port 'once' (I'm keeping things simple...). Maybe you've been using copy/paste a bit too quickly Smilie

It is also possible that you are ignoring an existing SSH daemon running on the 10230 port, or maybe setting up one too many?

And learn how to control your SSH ports: I suspect you will need that control in order to solve your little Rubik's cube :-)

---------- Post updated at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by methyl
Is this a University or College LAN? If so, we will walk away as it might be a crack attempt.
Good point, I left out a crucial point Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"kill -14 pid" doesn't works on all processes !!

If I try to run "kill -14 pid", some processes in my application get terminated , while some keeps running. If SIGALRM signal is sent, they should make an exit. What's the reason any process keeps on running. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poojac
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

"ld.so.1" error using a cron job | works fine otherwise

Hi, A cron job CJ invokes a shell script SC. SC internally invokes multiple perl scripts. One of the perl scripts deals with Accurev (i am using Accurev CLI). The first accurev command encountered is accurev merge -i <<file_name>> (file name has absolute path) When I run the perl script or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: singh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script works well but displays " line 6: =: No such file or directory"

strange :) can you tell why?:cool: #!/bin/bash echo " enter your age " read age if ; then echo " you do not have to pay tax " elif ]; then echo " you are eligible for income tax " else echo " you dont have to pay tax " fi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: me.
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

files having Script which works behind "who" & "w" commands

Dear All, plz print the path of files which have the script of "who" & "w" commands. thnx in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saqlain.bashir
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the significance of sh -s in ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh?

Please can you help me understand the significance of providing arguments under sh -s in > ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

"Mv" command does not work in loop, but works manually

Hi there, this may be a beginner's error, but I've been unable to find a solution on my own and by googling, and now I am really stuck on it. I am simply trying to move directories called for example CAT_Run01.ica to a directory with the corresponding number, Run01, in the same directory. For... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrevol
2 Replies
MAC_PORTACL(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					    MAC_PORTACL(4)

NAME
mac_portacl -- network port access control policy SYNOPSIS
To compile the port access control policy into your kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: options MAC options MAC_PORTACL Alternately, to load the port access control policy module at boot time, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: options MAC and in loader.conf(5): mac_portacl_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The mac_portacl policy allows administrators to administratively limit binding to local UDP and TCP ports via the sysctl(8) interface. In order to enable the mac_portacl policy, MAC policy must be enforced on sockets (see mac(4)), and the port(s) protected by mac_portacl must not be included in the range specified by the net.inet.ip.portrange.reservedlow and net.inet.ip.portrange.reservedhigh sysctl(8) MIBs. The mac_portacl policy only affects ports explicitly bound by a user process (either for a listen/outgoing TCP socket, or a send/receive UDP socket). This policy will not limit ports bound implicitly for outgoing connections where the process has not explicitly selected a port: these are automatically selected by the IP stack. When mac_portacl is enabled, it will control binding access to ports up to the port number set in the security.mac.portacl.port_high sysctl(8) variable. By default, all attempts to bind to mac_portacl controlled ports will fail if not explicitly allowed by the port access control list, though binding by the superuser will be allowed, if the sysctl(8) variable security.mac.portacl.suser_exempt is set to a non- zero value. Runtime Configuration The following sysctl(8) MIBs are available for fine-tuning the enforcement of this MAC policy. All sysctl(8) variables, except security.mac.portacl.rules, can also be set as loader(8) tunables in loader.conf(5). security.mac.portacl.enabled Enforce the mac_portacl policy. (Default: 1). security.mac.portacl.port_high The highest port number mac_portacl will enforce rules for. (Default: 1023). security.mac.portacl.rules The port access control list is specified in the following format: idtype:id:protocol:port[,idtype:id:protocol:port,...] idtype Describes the type of subject match to be performed. Either uid for user ID matching, or gid for group ID matching. id The user or group ID (depending on idtype) allowed to bind to the specified port. NOTE: User and group names are not valid; only the actual ID numbers may be used. protocol Describes which protocol this entry applies to. Either tcp or udp are supported. port Describes which port this entry applies to. NOTE: MAC security policies may not override other security system policies by allowing accesses that they may deny, such as net.inet.ip.portrange.reservedlow / net.inet.ip.portrange.reservedhigh. If the specified port falls within the range specified, the mac_portacl entry will not function (i.e., even the specified user/group may not be able to bind to the specified port). security.mac.portacl.suser_exempt Allow superuser (i.e., root) to bind to all mac_portacl protected ports, even if the port access control list does not explicitly allow this. (Default: 1). security.mac.portacl.autoport_exempt Allow applications to use automatic binding to port 0. Applications use port 0 as a request for automatic port allocation when bind- ing an IP address to a socket. This tunable will exempt port 0 allocation from rule checking. (Default: 1). SEE ALSO
mac(3), ip(4), mac_biba(4), mac_bsdextended(4), mac_ifoff(4), mac_mls(4), mac_none(4), mac_partition(4), mac_seeotheruids(4), mac_test(4), mac(9) HISTORY
MAC first appeared in FreeBSD 5.0 and mac_portacl first appeared in FreeBSD 5.1. AUTHORS
This software was contributed to the FreeBSD Project by NAI Labs, the Security Research Division of Network Associates Inc. under DARPA/SPAWAR contract N66001-01-C-8035 (``CBOSS''), as part of the DARPA CHATS research program. BSD
December 9, 2004 BSD