Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK Command parse a file based on string. Post 302580818 by Corona688 on Friday 9th of December 2011 06:30:04 PM
Old 12-09-2011
Very very close. Print first, then increment.

Code:
awk -v fname=$filename '{print > i+1"-"fname};  /X-Edel-MessageSent:/{i++}' filename.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

parse string with awk

Hi Guys, I spend half a day getting this to work with no luck, perhaps you guys can help.. I have a string from a file looking like this: module::name=test::type=generic_data::exec=snmpget.......::desc=A Little Test::interval=300 what I would like to split it, so I get a value for each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hyber
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command : Parse parameter file / send the lines to the ksh export command

Sorry for the duplicate thread this one is similar to the one in https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/88132-awk-sed-script-read-values-parameter-files.html#post302255121 Since there were no responses on the parent thread since it got resolved partially i thought to open the new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Awk command to get part of string based on delimeter

HI, Need awk command to get date and time alone from Input : "15:29:15 28.08.2010|SCHEDULE: Started program POSG1" Output expected : "15:29:15 28.08.2010" Please help. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanneykar
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a string as a command

I've a problem parsing a string as a command: Consider script stefano.sh as following: #!/usr/bin/sh txtshell="./parser.sh /ews/MyEventHandler/data/handler/StopAndMail.php eventid=StopAndMail.MVIN.6300 lot_number=1122FXB facility=EWSF3 'mailto=prova.prova@nohost.com, prova.test@nohost.com'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buonstefano
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use awk or sed to parse delimited string

Hi I am trying to figure out the best way to search a long log file and print out certain information. For example if I had a line in a log file delimited by ampersand first_name=mike&last_name=smith&zip_code=55555&phone=555-5555&state=ma&city=boston and I only wanted to search for and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mstefaniak
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

A command to split a file into two based on a string

Hello What command can i use to split a tab delimited txt file into two files base on the occurrence of a string my file name is EDIT.txt The content of file is below XX 1234 PROCEDURES XY 1634 PROCEDURES XM 1245 CODES XZ 1256 CODES It has more than a million record If there is... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: madrazzii
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Parse And Create Multiple Files Based on Field Value

Hello: I am working parsing a large input file which will be broken down into multiples based on the second field in the file, in this case: STORE. The idea is to create each file with the corresponding store number, for example: Report_$STORENUM_$DATETIMESTAMP , and obtaining the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ec012
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse file and display result based on text

I am trying using awk to open an input file and check a column 2/field $2 and if there is a warning then that is displayed (variantchecker): G not found at position 459, found A instead. The attached Sample1.txt is that file. If in that column/field there is a black space, then the text after... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to insert missing string based on pattern in file

Using the file below, which will always have the first indicated by the digit after the - and last id in it, indicated by the digit after the -, I am trying to use awk to print the missing line or lines in file following the pattern of the previous line. For example, in the file below the next... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
clm residue(1)							  USER COMMANDS 						    clm residue(1)

NAME
      clm residue - extend clustering of subgraph to clustering of graph.

clmresidue  is  not  in  actual fact a program. This manual page documents the behaviour and options of the clm program when invoked in mode
      residue. The options -h, --apropos, --version, -set, --nop are accessible in all clm modes. They are described in the clm manual page.

SYNOPSIS
      clm residue -icl fname (input clustering) -imx fname (input graph) [-rpm fname (residue projection matrix)]  [-o	fname  (output	clustering
      file)]

DESCRIPTION
      The cluster file presumably contains a clustering of a subgraph of the graph G contained by the matrix file, implying that the row domain of
      that clustering is a subset of the node domain of the graph. clm residue will compute  a	simple	upwards  projection  of  that  clustering,
      resulting in a clustering of G.

OPTIONS
      -imx fname (input graph)

-icl fname (input clustering)

-rpm fname (residue projection matrix)
	The name for the file in which the residue projection matrix is stored.  It contains for each node and for each cluster in the input clus-
	tering the combined weight of the (edges to the) neighbours of that node in that cluster.  The default output file name is out.rpm.

-o fname (output clustering file)
	The name for the file in which the majority vote projection clustering is stored. Aka the majority vote projection clustering storage file
	name.

This  embodies	a very crude approach to distributing the missing nodes in the input clustering onto that same cluster. For each node, the
	cluster is taken for which the residue projection is the largest (see above). The residue (i.e. the set of  missing  nodes)  is  initially
	viewed	as  a  cluster;  the set of nodes for which the projection is largest for the residue itself will form a new cluster, if it is not
	empty.

By default output is sent to STDOUT.

AUTHOR
      Stijn van Dongen.

SEE ALSO
      mclfamily(7) for an overview of all the documentation and the utilities in the mcl family.

clm residue 12-068						      8 Mar 2012						      clm residue(1)