Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Urgent request "remove all packages with dpkg" Post 302580815 by pasc on Friday 9th of December 2011 06:17:22 PM
Old 12-09-2011
well, as it turns out, I was able to deinstall it after a long search after all !

Thanks for the heads up !

Still, that didn't fix the problem, but I was able to recover important data, and am now restoring my phone.

Thanks Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to request a "read" or "delivered" receipt for mails

Dears, I've written a script which allows me to send mails in different formats with different attaches. Now I still want to add a feature to this script. My users would like to be able to receive a "read" or "delivered" receipt for their mails. The script send mails on behalve of an specific... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: plelie2
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HELP! what does this mean: "svc: bad direction 256, dropping request"

For a few weeks now, on several of our machines, i've been seeing this in /var/log/messages and dmesg: Nov 14 16:37:48 stg2 kernel: svc: bad direction 256, dropping request Nov 14 16:37:48 stg2 kernel: svc: short len 4, dropping request Nov 14 16:38:02 stg2 kernel: svc: bad direction 256,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishsponge
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove "New line characters" and "spaces" at a time

Dear friends, following is the output of a script from which I want to remove spaces and new-line characters. Example:- Line1 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz Line2 mnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijkl Line3 opqrstuvwxyzabcdefdefg Here in above example, at every starting line there is a “tab” &... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to provide "answers" to SSL Cert Request

Hello, I need assistance with creating a shell script to generate SSL Certificate Requests on remote hosts. Below is my stab at this, but I cannot figure out how to pass the requested arguments into the openssl command correctly. I have a major problem with redirecting the "answers" into the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: azvelocat
2 Replies

5. Solaris

difference between "root" and "usr" packages

Hi, could someone pls enlighten me on the difference between the "root" package and "usr" package? Like in this example: pkginfo -l SUNWGtku | grep -i desc DESC: GTK - The GIMP Toolkit (Usr) and pkginfo -l SUNWGtkr | grep -i desc DESC: GTK - The GIMP Toolkit (Root)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: masloff
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pass a "Y" to dpkg-reconfigure?

Greetings! Putting on my "dummy" hat here; as I'm sure this one is absolutely drop-dead simple ;) OK. Here's the commandline which I've been able to cobble together so far:dpkg-reconfigure --frontend=readline --terse -plow unattended-upgradesNow, being totally out of my element here, I... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
PHONE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  PHONE(1)

NAME
phone - Phone utility for DECnet SYNOPSIS
phone [options] Options: [-vVh] [-s switchhook char] [initial command] DESCRIPTION
phone is a program that allows the user to communicate interactively with users on VMS systems. Two user interfaces are available: X-Win- dows (GTK+) and terminal (ncurses). If X-Windows is available and compiled into phone then it will be used unless the -n flag is present on the command line. After entering the phone command you will be presented with the phone screen which has windows for the chat and a command-line at the top. If you are not talking to another user then you can enter commands directly, otherwise you will need to precede commands with the 'switch hook' character, which defaults to the percent sign (%). You can also enter a command for phone on the shell command-line. This command will be executed when phone starts up. This makes it conve- nient to enter commands such as: 'phone answer' or 'phone marsha::chrissie' In command mode phone understands several commands: DIAL <node::user> Call a user ANSWER Answer an incoming call REJECT Reject an incoming call EXIT or QUIT Return the the command prompt HOLD Hold all callers UNHOLD Unhold callers HANGUP Hangup the phone DIR <node> Show users logged into <node> FACSIMILE <file> Send <file> HELP Show this help All commands (apart from QUIT and EXIT) can be abbreviated to 3 characters and all (really all this time) commands are case insensitive. OPTIONS
-h -? Displays help for using the command. -V Show the version of phone. -s Set the switch hook character. This is the character used to switch from talking to another user and entering PHONE commands when using the terminal interface.x -n Disables use of the X-windows user interface. Use this to run phone in an xterm. SEE ALSO
phoned(8) DECnet utilities March 26 1999 PHONE(1)