Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming different behaviour in fg and bg Post 302580726 by Corona688 on Friday 9th of December 2011 11:38:20 AM
Old 12-09-2011
What happens when you execute fg after running the program in the background? Does it start going?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count behaviour when using su -

Gentlemen, OK, I have an odd issue here perhaps someone can shed some light for me. When running a script as its user/owner the below pause/wait works just fine. When a developer has used su - to assume the username the pause does not happen... This is a HPUX11.00 machine, I have copied the blurb... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eronysis
1 Replies

2. Programming

Different behaviour of this program

Hi, I have one doubt, in the below program, if I declare char *b inside the main(), the function compiles & runs properly. But at the same time, if I declare it globally it compiles but when we run it, it creates core dump (segmentation fault) both in C & C++. It is not being trapped by catch... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Strange Behaviour!!!

Can some-one give me a view to this : I have a directory in an unix server, having permissions r-xr-xr-x .This directory is basically a source directory. Now there is another directory basically the destination directory which has all the permissions. Note:I log in as not the owner,but user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navojit dutta
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why this behaviour of IF condition?

I have a variable, defndata, which is a number (fetched from a file using awk). I want that if defndata is not initialized (that is its not found in the file using awk), then to execute a block of statements, otherwise execute another block. if then .... else ... fi Now this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: indianjassi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp -R behaviour

i 've noticed the following difference between freebsd cp and gnu cp from the freebsd cp man page: -R ... If the source_file ends in a /, the contents of the directory are copied rather than the directory itself. ... on gnu cp from the man pagewhile on gnu cp manpage: ‘-r'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aegis
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

eval behaviour

Hi, I have snippet like the following x="1" prompt1="hi" if I say eval echo \$prompt$x then it is giving o/p "hi" if I say `eval echo \$prompt$x` here it is giving 1 ! if I add one more escape character i.e. `eval echo \\$prompt$x` then it is giving "hi" Can you please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Weird rm behaviour

I am little bit confused by the behaviour of rm in Ubuntu. It seems that as a regular user I can delete files owned by another user even when the permissions are set to 644. Here is an example: cjohnson@carbon:~/test$ sudo touch testfile cjohnson@carbon:~/test$ ls -al total 8 drwxr-xr-x... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
2 Replies

8. Programming

Sort behaviour

I see strange results when sorting with -n options and I wander if somebody can explain it. Input file and two results: $ cat aa 14 -1 11 -1 0 -1 0 $ sort -u aa -1 0 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: migurus
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Ps command different behaviour

Hi Experts, ps command behavior in Redhat is such that it outputs all the output(of long lengths). In Unix the ps command output was limited to only 80 chars. In that if you pipe its output to another command hen the 80 chars restriction wouldn't be there. This 80 char limitation will only be... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Albert_Pinto7
14 Replies
set_display_switch_mode(3alleg4)				  Allegro manual				  set_display_switch_mode(3alleg4)

NAME
set_display_switch_mode - Tells Allegro how the program handles background switching. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int set_display_switch_mode(int mode); DESCRIPTION
Sets how the program should handle being switched into the background, if the user tabs away from it. Not all of the possible modes will be supported by every graphics driver on every platform. The available modes are: SWITCH_NONE Disables switching. This is the default in single-tasking systems like DOS. It may be supported on other platforms, but you should use it with caution, because your users won't be impressed if they want to switch away from your program, but you don't let them! SWITCH_PAUSE Pauses the program whenever it is in the background. Execution will be resumed as soon as the user switches back to it. This is the default in most fullscreen multitasking environments, for example the Linux console, but not under Windows. SWITCH_AMNESIA Like SWITCH_PAUSE, but this mode doesn't bother to remember the contents of video memory, so the screen, and any video bitmaps that you have created, will be erased after the user switches away and then back to your program. This is not a terribly useful mode to have, but it is the default for the fullscreen drivers under Windows because DirectDraw is too dumb to implement anything better. SWITCH_BACKGROUND The program will carry on running in the background, with the screen bitmap temporarily being pointed at a memory buffer for the fullscreen drivers. You must take special care when using this mode, because bad things will happen if the screen bitmap gets changed around when your program isn't expecting it (see below). SWITCH_BACKAMNESIA Like SWITCH_BACKGROUND, but this mode doesn't bother to remember the contents of video memory (see SWITCH_AMNESIA). It is again the only mode supported by the fullscreen drivers under Windows that lets the program keep running in the background. Note that you should be very careful when you are using graphics routines in the switching context: you must always call acquire_screen() before the start of any drawing code onto the screen and not release it until you are completely finished, because the automatic locking mechanism may not be good enough to work when the program runs in the background or has just been raised in the foreground. RETURN VALUE
Returns zero on success, invalidating at the same time all callbacks previously registered with set_display_switch_callback(). Returns -1 if the requested mode is not currently possible. SEE ALSO
set_display_switch_callback(3alleg4), get_display_switch_mode(3alleg4), exmidi(3alleg4), exswitch(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 set_display_switch_mode(3alleg4)