Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: grep in the if condition
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep in the if condition Post 302580718 by Corona688 on Friday 9th of December 2011 11:17:13 AM
Old 12-09-2011
Check your filename.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep command with AND condition

I want to do a grep with AND condition. I have three files. file1.txt ======== UNIX ...... WINDOWS ........ ORACLE file2.txt ======== UNIX ....... WINDOWS ...and many such files in a directory (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
6 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

Grep line above X condition

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have to grep a data file called datebook.txt. The last information in each line is a salary. I have to grep all the lines which precede those lines with 6 figure salaries. I can't SID it, or use Perl. It has to be grep (or egrep or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrSammyD
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep inside if condition - need help

hi i need help with below code. if ] then log "Exiting the script as ID= NULL" log "Please run script first." fi i am calling grep inside this but its not running any ideas why ?? input file is like this -- Msg 102, Level 20, State 1: Server... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep not equal to condition

I have below files under dir_a and dir_b and i want to sort out number of dir_a and dir_b files seperately and if i do the grep it should retrun 2 files in dir_a and 1 file in dir_b. /dir_a/12345678 /dir_a/87654321 /dir_a/dir_b/12345687 But i am getting cat file|grep dir_a|wc -l 3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Where condition in grep or awk?

Dear All, I need help.. I am having a csv file. Home_TITLE,People_TITLE,Repo_ALIAS HMN5530,RKY5807,/mine_repo/rike001 HMN5530,SRY6443,/mine_repo/rike001 HMN5530,ARDY001,/mine_repo/rike001 If i have two value in varible RKY5807, HMN5530. how can fetch and store another value... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep certain lines with condition

file input aaaa,52C aaaa,50C bbbb,50C bbbb,58C aaaa,52C bbbb,50C aaaa,30C bbbb,58C cccc,60C i want to print uniq lines with its max value of column2 expected output aaaa,52C bbbb,58C cccc,60C tks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep with certain condition?

hi all, i have an xml what i have to do is to search for the source id(s1) and if it matches with that in xml then extract the file mask from the name of the file i.e if the file name is idr_%YYYY%%MM%%DD%_%N%.idr then , i want the part after first % and before last % ie in this case ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsavi
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep with condition

I have file input AAAA_XX_Start> rlong . 0W 130526-11:36:13 10.128.13.226 9.0j RBS_NODE_MODEL_N_1_50 stopfile=/tmp/13019 .. ================================================================================================================= MO ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combining grep patterns with OR condition?!

Hello! I have a question about how to combine patterns in grep commands with the OR operator. So I have this little assignment here: Provide a regular expression that matches email addresses for San Jose City College faculty. A San Jose City college faculty’s email address takes the form:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kalpcalp
1 Replies
unix2dos(1)							   User Commands						       unix2dos(1)

NAME
unix2dos - convert text file from ISO format to DOS format SYNOPSIS
unix2dos [-ascii] [-iso] [-7] [-437 | -850 | -860 | -863 | -865] originalfile convertedfile DESCRIPTION
The unix2dos utility converts ISO standard characters to the corresponding characters in the DOS extended character set. This command may be invoked from either DOS or SunOS. However, the filenames must conform to the conventions of the environment in which the command is invoked. If the original file and the converted file are the same, unix2dos will rewrite the original file after converting it. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -ascii Adds carriage returns and converts end of file characters in SunOS format text files to conform to DOS requirements. -iso This is the default. Converts ISO standard characters to the corresponding character in the DOS extended character set. -7 Converts 8 bit SunOS characters to 7 bit DOS characters. On non-i386 systems, unix2dos will attempt to obtain the keyboard type to determine which code page to use. Otherwise, the default is US. The user may override the code page with one of the following options: -437 Use US code page -850 Use multilingual code page -860 Use Portuguese code page -863 Use French Canadian code page -865 Use Danish code page OPERANDS
The following operands are required: originalfile The original file in ISO format that is being converted to DOS format. convertedfile The new file in DOS format that has been converted from the original ISO file format. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dos2unix(1), ls(1), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
File filename not found, or no read permission The input file you specified does not exist, or you do not have read permission. Check with the SunOS command, ls -l (see ls(1)). Bad output filename filename, or no write permission The output file you specified is either invalid, or you do not have write permission for that file or the directory that contains it. Check also that the drive or diskette is not write-protected. Error while writing to temporary file An error occurred while converting your file, possibly because there is not enough space on the current drive. Check the amount of space on the current drive using the DIR command. Also be certain that the default diskette or drive is write-enabled (not write-pro- tected). Notice that when this error occurs, the original file remains intact. Translated tmpfile name = filename. Could not rename tmpfile to filename. The program could not perform the final step in converting your file. Your converted file is stored under the name indicated on the second line of this message. SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 2000 unix2dos(1)