Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Program: How to FTP logs from a Server to Desktop Post 302580700 by vbe on Friday 9th of December 2011 10:15:17 AM
Old 12-09-2011
any thoughts about using smbclient?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get return value from C program and logs to file

Hi, I have written scritp which prints output from the executable to standard output as well as in a file. Here "add" is an c executable which returns some value based on inputs. But if tee is not used "$?" returns the return value from add exe. If tee is used it is simply retuning 0. echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yhacks
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Logs in Unix

Hi. Is there a way or command (other than netstat) in Unix to find out or get a list a users who FTP into a particular server? Like, say last 1000 users. I need to get the user ID (any info), who FTP to a particular server. netstat gives only the users who have an FTp session currently. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manisendhil
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help loading a program into perl from a file on desktop

So I want to use this program that I have downloaded from: PaGE - Patters from Gene Expression However, I am not sure how to actually get in to and run the program... I can log into the server, and was assuming I needed to get the "PaGE_5.1.6.pl" file into a folder some how, but not sure how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: silkiechicken
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP Logs in Unix

Hi. Is there a way or command (other than netstat) in Unix to find out or get a list a users who FTP into a particular server? Like, say last 1000 users. I need to get the user ID (any info), who FTP to a particular server. netstat gives only the users who have an FTp session currently. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manisendhil
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Upload files from desktop to unix through FTP

Hi , I want to upload some files from my desktop to unix server through FTP . The list of files are in a text file .Please suggest how to do it through scrip . Thanks in advance .. Anupam (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupamhalder
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing FTP logs

Hi Guys, I am trying to capture the FTP Logs in a log file. I am using the below code. ftp -d -n -v $Remote_Host << EOD > $Ftp_LOG; Since iam running the script in debug mode, i am able to see that the ftp is done and the file has been transferred. But the log file does not have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
7 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Need a FTP SERVER Program FREE

I need a FTP SERVER program for using in ubuntu, Do you know any for free? ps: there will be no internet connection so, vsftp will not work. need a tool (like filezilla but filezilla has no server version for unix ubuntu) that has to be installation package to extract in it. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: F@NTOM
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Implement FTP server on RHEL server without using FTP client

We have RHEL 5.8 in our environment, I had a query whether we can implement an FTP server using vsftpd package and Linux configurations like setsebool without using any external FTP clients like FileZilla etc. I am very confused on this. The FTP functionalities that should be present are download &... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status ?

How to see the status of all the ftp put & get files logs and curent ftp transfer status if any active ftp running in the background ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
2 Replies
ftp(4)								   File Formats 							    ftp(4)

NAME
ftp - FTP client configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/ftp DESCRIPTION
Use the ftp file to configure the behavior of the FTP client. Lines that begin with a hash symbol ("# ") are treated as comment lines and are ignored. Behavior Directives The ftp file supports the following behavior directives: FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST=yes | no The ls command of the ftp client sends an NLST to the FTP Server by default. Several non-Solaris clients send LIST instead. In order to make the Solaris ftp client send LIST when the ls command is issued, set FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST to no. The value of FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST is yes by default. If the user sets a value for FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST in the user's environment, this value will override any FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST directive that is specified in /etc/default/ftp. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbipr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftp(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 22 Oct 2002 ftp(4)