Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users lvm swapon failed Device or resource busy Post 302580694 by verdepollo on Friday 9th of December 2011 09:55:05 AM
Old 12-09-2011
What type of filesystem is VG-lv using?

What's the output of swapon -s

Also, how is it defined in /etc/fstab?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

umount, device busy, but..

I'm trying to unmount a file system, but umount says the device is busy. A fuser -c /myfs tells me that nothing on this fs is in use. Any idea? Oh, and btw, why isn't my signature beeing displayed? Show user's signature is enabled and I have entered one :/ (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sTorm
10 Replies

2. HP-UX

Cannot umount - device busy

Anyone have any idea why I cannot umount a directory even though fuser shows no process attached to it? fuser -cu /data/oracle/GMPSHRDM/export /data/oracle/GMPSHRDM/export: umount /data/oracle/GMPSHRDM/export umount: cannot unmount /data/oracle/GMPSHRDM/export : Device busy umount:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Device or resource busy??

Hi, I'm trying to do a sharity mount to mount a terastation network drive. I'm getting a Device or resource busy message after my mount command. Please see output below... # /usr/local/sharity3/bin/sharity mount smb://labbackup01/bakup_data /mnt/labbackup01 Device or resource busy.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
2 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

cygwin /dev/ttyS2: Device or resource busy

Ciao a tutti!!! il mio problema è questo: sto cercando di inviare dei comandi AT da PC a cellulare utilizzando il bluetooth e cygwin e vorrei visualizzare le risposte nella shell bash. Per farlo apro due terminali utilizzando le seguente istruzioni: xterm & Sul primo scrivo cat /dev/ttyS2 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blianna
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

/dev/ttyS2 device or resource busy

Ciao a tutti!!! il mio problema è questo: sto cercando di inviare dei comandi AT da PC a cellulare utilizzando il bluetooth e cygwin e vorrei visualizzare le risposte nella shell bash. Per farlo apro due terminali utilizzando le seguente istruzioni: xterm & Sul primo scrivo cat /dev/ttyS2 ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

cygwin error device or resource busy

Hello!!! My problem is: i'm trying to send At commands from Pc to mobile phone using bluetooth and cygwin and i would like to read the device's answers on the shell bash. And so, i open two terminals in this way: xterm & In the first i write: cat /dev/ttyS2 because the device is... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

7. Hardware

/dev/ttyS0: Device or resource busy

hello to everybody I have Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 installed on my Desktop and I have a PCI serial card in my computer and it has only one serial port. Actually I want to use this serial port for the serial communication and for that I executed this command : $ setserial -g /dev/ttyS and I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: piyush011
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX rm -rf error "rm: cannot remove `filename' : Device or resource busy"

Hi Everyone, I am trying to remove a directory: $ rm -rf directory_name/ rm: cannot remove `directory_name/filename': Device or resource busy What does this mean, and why can't I remove these files? I already tried moving into the directory, and removing the files individually, but I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna_Z
7 Replies

9. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mount : Device busy

mount -f nfs 1234:/export/ert /der/fr/ert mount : /der/fr/ert: device busy normally I will then do an fuser filesystem and kill the pids, which I did. now if I do an fuser /der/fr/ert I get the mount point and no pid > fuser /der/fr/ert /der/fr/ert: but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goya
1 Replies
swapon(2)							System Calls Manual							 swapon(2)

NAME
swapon - Adds a swap device for interleaved paging and swapping SYNOPSIS
swapon( char *path, int flags, int lowat, int hiwat ); PARAMETERS
Specifies the block special device to be made available. Specifies a flag. Only the MS_PREFER flag is currently supported, and it causes the specified path to be the preferred paging device. (Ignored on Tru64 UNIX.) Specifies the low water mark. (Ignored on Tru64 UNIX.) Specifies the high water mark. (Ignored on Tru64 UNIX.) DESCRIPTION
The swapon() function makes a block special device available to the system for allocation of paging and swapping space. (The operating system does not currently support paging and swapping to a normal file. All swapping and pages areas must be block special devices.) The calling process must have superuser privilege to call the swapon() function. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the swapon() function returns a value of 0 (zero). If an error has occurred, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If the swapon() function fails, errno may be set to one of the following values: A component of the path prefix is not a directory. The pathname contains a character with the high-order bit set, the device was not specified, the device configured by the path parameter was not configured into the system as a swap device, or the device does not allow paging. A component of a pathname exceeded NAME_MAX charac- ters, or an entire pathname exceeded PATH_MAX characters. The named device does not exist. Search permission is denied for a component of the path prefix. Too many symbolic links were encountered in translating the pathname. The caller does not have appropriate privilege. The device specified by the path parameter has already been made available for swapping. The major device number of the path parameter is out of range (this indicates no device driver exists for the associated hardware). An I/O error occurred while opening the swap device. The path parameter points outside the process' allocated address space. An attempt was made to activate a paging file on a read-only file system. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: swapon(8), config(8) delim off swapon(2)