Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun Cluster switching issue
Operating Systems Solaris Sun Cluster switching issue Post 302580690 by ahmadnauman on Friday 9th of December 2011 09:10:41 AM
Old 12-09-2011
Sun Cluster switching issue

I have installed sun cluster 3.2 on two sprac servers. Configured a failover resource group. Added a LogicalHostname resource to it. LogicalHostname is also added to /etc/hosts with ip address.
I am able to access cluster by share ip used for logical hostname but when i try to switch the resource to other node of cluster, the resource go offline on both node and never switch.

Any help ...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. High Performance Computing

SUN Cluster Vs Veritas Cluster

Dear All, Can anyone explain about Pros and Cons of SUN and Veritas Cluster ? Any comparison chart is highly appreciated. Regards, RAA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAA
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Cluster 3.2

Hi, I am getting these messages constantly at random times there is not visible impact but would like to know what these messages mean? Cluster.RGM.rgmd: resource group on node change to RG_ON_PENDING_R_RERT Cluster.RGM.rgmd: resource group on node change to RG_ONLINE (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xor
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Cluster

Hi All I hav working knowledge on solarois 10. Could anyone suggest me any doc or material for learning SUN cluster from scratch. Anything from basic level . Thanks in advance!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ningy
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun cluster and Veritas cluster question.

Yesterday my customer told me to expect a vcs upgrade to happen in the future. He also plans to stop using HDS and move to EMC. Am thinking how to migrate to sun cluster setup instead. My plan as follows leave the existing vcs intact as a fallback plan. Then install and build suncluster on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun cluster

Any body can tell me where i can download sun cluster installation and configuration video. is there any option to install cluster in 32 bit virtual machine. please help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun Cluster configuration issue

I am using VMware Workstation-7 on Windows-XP host . I am trying to configure Solaris 10-X86 guest os based 2 nodes Sun Cluster . I have added one extra Virtual Lan adapter on my VMware with another subnet (that I would like to put for SUN Cluster private communication). I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjee
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun cluster 4.0 - zone cluster failover doubt

Hello experts - I am planning to install a Sun cluster 4.0 zone cluster fail-over. few basic doubts. (1) Where should i install the cluster s/w binaries ?. ( global zone or the container zone where i am planning to install the zone fail-over) (2) Or should i perform the installation on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NVA
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun Cluster 3.2 Issue

Hello everyone, I have two Solaris 10 servers that are on cluster. The cluster is a Sun Cluster 3.2 I have a script cronned that stop/start a ressource in a resource group everyday. Today I have checked the status of the ressources and I found that my ressource group have a "Error--stop... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adilyos
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Switching services from active node to failovernode in cluster

Hi All, I was asked to Switch the service from failover to active node as we need to reboot active node for regular maintenance. Unfortunately our senior admin left the organization. It would be helpful if some one answer this query. Detailed info with steps will be appreciated. Here are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
1 Replies
PACEMAKER(8)						  System Administration Utilities					      PACEMAKER(8)

NAME
Pacemaker - Part of the Pacemaker cluster resource manager SYNOPSIS
crm_resource (query|command) [options] DESCRIPTION
crm_resource - Perform tasks related to cluster resources. Allows resources to be queried (definition and location), modified, and moved around the cluster. OPTIONS
-?, --help This text -$, --version Version information -V, --verbose Increase debug output -Q, --quiet Print only the value on stdout -r, --resource=value Resource ID Queries: -L, --list List all resources -l, --list-raw List the IDs of all instantiated resources (no groups/clones/...) -O, --list-operations List active resource operations. Optionally filtered by resource (-r) and/or node (-N) -o, --list-all-operations List all resource operations. Optionally filtered by resource (-r) and/or node (-N) -q, --query-xml Query the definition of a resource (template expanded) -w, --query-xml-raw Query the definition of a resource (raw xml) -W, --locate Display the current location(s) of a resource -A, --stack Display the prerequisites and dependents of a resource -a, --constraints Display the (co)location constraints that apply to a resource Commands: -p, --set-parameter=value Set the named parameter for a resource. See also -m, --meta -g, --get-parameter=value Display the named parameter for a resource. See also -m, --meta -d, --delete-parameter=value Delete the named parameter for a resource. See also -m, --meta -M, --move Move a resource from its current location, optionally specifying a destination (-N) and/or a period for which it should take effect (-u) If -N is not specified, the cluster will force the resource to move by creating a rule for the current location and a score of -INFINITY NOTE: This will prevent the resource from running on this node until the constraint is removed with -U -U, --un-move Remove all constraints created by a move command Advanced Commands: -D, --delete Delete a resource from the CIB -F, --fail Tell the cluster this resource has failed -R, --refresh (Advanced) Refresh the CIB from the LRM -C, --cleanup (Advanced) Delete a resource from the LRM -P, --reprobe (Advanced) Re-check for resources started outside of the CRM Additional Options: -N, --node=value Host uname -t, --resource-type=value Resource type (primitive, clone, group, ...) -v, --parameter-value=value Value to use with -p, -g or -d -u, --lifetime=value Lifespan of migration constraints -m, --meta Modify a resource's configuration option rather than one which is passed to the resource agent script. For use with -p, -g, -d -z, --utilization Modify a resource's utilization attribute. For use with -p, -g, -d -s, --set-name=value (Advanced) ID of the instance_attributes object to change -i, --nvpair=value (Advanced) ID of the nvpair object to change/delete -f, --force EXAMPLES
List the configured resources: # crm_resource --list Display the current location of 'myResource': # crm_resource --resource myResource --locate Move 'myResource' to another machine: # crm_resource --resource myResource --move Move 'myResource' to a specific machine: # crm_resource --resource myResource --move --node altNode Allow (but not force) 'myResource' to move back to its original location: # crm_resource --resource myResource --un-move Tell the cluster that 'myResource' failed: # crm_resource --resource myResource --fail Stop a 'myResource' (and anything that depends on it): # crm_resource --resource myResource --set-parameter target-role --meta --parameter-value Stopped Tell the cluster not to manage 'myResource': The cluster will not attempt to start or stop the resource under any circumstances. Useful when performing maintenance tasks on a resource. # crm_resource --resource myResource --set-parameter is-managed --meta --parameter-value false Erase the operation history of 'myResource' on 'aNode': The cluster will 'forget' the existing resource state (including any errors) and attempt to recover the resource. Useful when a resource had failed permanently and has been repaired by an administrator. # crm_resource --resource myResource --cleanup --node aNode AUTHOR
Written by Andrew Beekhof REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org Pacemaker 1.1.7 April 2012 PACEMAKER(8)