Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to pass file text into find command Post 302580673 by CarloM on Friday 9th of December 2011 07:51:35 AM
Old 12-09-2011
If both files are in the same format, you can do:
Code:
join -v 1 namefile textfile

EDIT: You'll probably need to sort the files first:
Code:
join -v 1 <(sort namefile) <(sort textfile)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for command(s)/ script to find a text string within a file

I need to search through all files with different file suffixes in a directory structure to locate any files containing a specific string (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrwelden
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sorting files with find command before sending to text file

i need help with my script.... i am suppose to grab files within a certain date range now i have done that already using the touch and find command (found them in other threads) touch -d "$date_start" ./tmp1 touch -d "$date_end" ./tmp2 find "$data_location" -maxdepth 1 -newer ./tmp1 !... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deking
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect a input of find command into a text file

Hello friends, I want a command to print the reult files from find command into a text file.:) Iam looking from forum memebers. PLZ help me.ASAP Thanks in Advance, Siva Ranganath CH (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivaranga001
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass multiple file types search pattern as argument to find?

How can I pass $var_find variable as argment to find command? test.sh var_find=' \( -name "*.xml" -o -name "*.jsp" \) ' echo "${var_find}" find . -type f ${var_find} -print # Below statement works fine.. I want to replace this with the above.. #find . \( -name "*.xml" -o -name... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pipe text in to find command

I would like to know why this command does not work. I have a script which connects to and ftp site. After getting the remote files localy i need move each remote file to a archive folder on the FTP site *Please also note that some of the files have spaces in the file name. Im trying to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: juanjanse
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

wanted to find both link file and ordinary file using single find command

find . -type fl o/p is only the ordinary file. where in it wont give the link files. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pass variables from a text file to a shell script

Hi, I have a text file as follows: a.txt ------ STEPS=3 STEP_DURATION=100 INTERVAL=60 I want to use these values in a shell script. How to go about this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akarnya
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass command line arg to sql file

Hi all, How to pass the command line argument to a sql file Script: #!/bin/ksh if ] ; then test.sql fi My Sql Informix DB: echo "select * from table where col1 = 2234 and col2 = '$3'"|dbaccess ddname But im getting `:' unexpected error (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass each line of a text file as an argument to a command?

I'm looking to write a script that takes a .txt filename as an argument, reads the file line by line, and passes each line to a command. For example, it runs command --option "LINE 1", then command --option "LINE 2", etc. I am fetching object files from a library file, I have all the object file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Martins
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass File name and Directory Path through command to python script

I'm writing python script to get the file-names in the current directory and file sizes .I'm able to get file list and their sizes but unable to pass them through command line. I want to use this script to execute on other directory and pass directory path with file name through command line. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: etldeveloper
1 Replies
Tk_GetJoinStyle(3)					       Tk Library Procedures						Tk_GetJoinStyle(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_GetJoinStyle, Tk_NameOfJoinStyle - translate between strings and join styles SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> int Tk_GetJoinStyle(interp, string, joinPtr) const char * Tk_NameOfJoinStyle(join) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter to use for error reporting. const char *string (in) String containing name of join style: one of "bevel", "miter", or "round". int *joinPtr (out) Pointer to location in which to store X join style corresponding to string. int join (in) Join style: one of JoinBevel, JoinMiter, JoinRound. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_GetJoinStyle places in *joinPtr the X join style corresponding to string, which will be one of JoinBevel, JoinMiter, or JoinRound. Join styles are typically used in X graphics contexts to indicate how adjacent line segments should be joined together. See the X documentation for information on what each style implies. Under normal circumstances the return value is TCL_OK and interp is unused. If string does not contain a valid join style or an abbrevia- tion of one of these names, then an error message is stored in interp->result, TCL_ERROR is returned, and *joinPtr is unmodified. Tk_NameOfJoinStyle is the logical inverse of Tk_GetJoinStyle. Given a join style such as JoinBevel it returns a statically-allocated string corresponding to join. If join is not a legal join style, then "unknown join style" is returned. KEYWORDS
bevel, join style, miter, round Tk Tk_GetJoinStyle(3)