Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to read userid and password information from txt file Post 302580627 by ajaypatil_am on Friday 9th of December 2011 05:16:41 AM
Old 12-09-2011
How to read userid and password information from txt file

Hi Experts,

I am writing a shell script (for displaying disk space details) which is logging to 15 different servers using following command.
ssh userid@servername
It is prompting me for password for all 15 servers when I manually run it.
However , soon I would like to schedule this script for daily cron job run.
How I can modify this shell script to read the userid and password information from txt file ?

PS : All my 15 servers are on SunOS.
uname -v
Generic_118558-27

Thanks,
Ajay

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read last line of a txt file?

I need to read the last file for a particular day, such as, "Jun 13" because the CSV file is cumulative for the entire day, so I don't want all the previous files, I just want the last file, for that day. I ran an 'ls -al | grep "June 13" > myLs.txt' (simplified) to list all files from that day.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

2. AIX

UserID password validation using C program

I am new to AIX. I was wondering if there is a security API on AIX which I can call from my C program to validate the userID and password of a user. My plan is to have my C program prompt the user for UserID and password. I'll then call the AIX security API to determine what authority the user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AIX_user
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read a part of information from txt and put into the script

Hi, I have a name.txt which is stored: APPLE ORANGE RED BLUE GREEN and my script is: $name=`cat name.txt for file_number in `ls 1 /appl/CH_DATA/archive/CACHE/CDBACKUP$name*.archived however, my script cannot read name.txt and put into my scrip line, I would like the output is to... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
18 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read from txt file and use that as an array

Hi Guys How u all doing? I am having tough time to achieve this I have a unix .ksh script which calls sql script Right now I harcoded column id's in sql script but I want to read them from a txt file 1084,1143,1074,1080,1091,1090,1101,1069,1104,1087,1089,1081 I want to read this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinky
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can't read a .txt file

Hello, I have a set of .txt files I cannot read. This is a part of what I see. Is there a way to view these files? _MO<P.6D@K;WU<B$X-;)SIV/ROO!UL+1P=VTT-?,SLC`MI/6QMS#UYGGT\+)C=#\UIO`TL/0]=#/T) it's about 3 pages. Thanks for your help. Joe (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcracerjoe
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

i need to read the last line in a txt file

i'm a beginner in shell and i have a txt file that is updating every second or msec so i need a program to read the last line of this txt file is this possible to do? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: _-_shadow_-_
5 Replies

7. AIX

AIX 5.3 userid password length to 6

Hi All, How can I make the password of only two userid with 6 length while others are using regular policy of 8 or more length. Please help. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read userid and password

Am reading userid and password. code: pmsg "Enter the userid \n" read userid pmsg "Enter password \n" read password pmsg "Enter Database name \n" read database When user type password, it a clear text. I want something like ******** or just a blank any suggestion plz... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i sort a .txt file without loosing the header information?

Hi, I'm trying to sort 2 different .txt tab delimited files with the command line: sort -k 1b,1 inputfile > outputfile But doing that i'm also sorting the header (that ends at the end of my file). How can i sort a .txt file without sorting the header but conserving the header in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisrpp
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract information from txt file

Hello! I need help :) I have a file like this: AA BC FG RF TT GH DD FF HH (a few number of rows and three columns) and I want to put the letters of each column in a variable step by step in order to give them as input in another script. So I would like to obtain: for the 1° loop:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: edekP
11 Replies
apticron(1)						      General Commands Manual						       apticron(1)

NAME
apticron - Generate a mail listing packages which are pending an upgrade SYNOPSIS
apticron [--cron] DESCRIPTION
apticron is a shell script which generates a mail with a list of all packages currently pending an upgrade, as well as summary of changes - using apt-listchanges - to a configurable Email address. apticron is mainly intended for automatic notification of pending security updates but can also be used in many other situations where timely updates are necessary. The --cron option is only meant to be used when invoked by cron in order to run no more than once a day. FILES
/etc/apticron/apticron.conf Configuration file, Email address to mail and profile for use with apt-listchanges are configurable. /etc/cron.d/apticron Cron job for executing apticron daily. /etc/cron.daily/apticron Fallback cron script for executing apticron (if no crond running or system down at designated time). /var/lib/misc/apticron.cron Time stamp file used by apticron when invoked with --cron option. SEE ALSO
apt-get(8), apt-listchanges(1), cron(8) AUTHOR
Apticron was initially developed by Colm MacCarthaigh <colm.maccarthaigh@heanet.ie> with contributions from Marc Sherman <msherman@projec- tile.ca>. Since 2006 it is maintained and improved by Tiago Bortoletto Vaz <tiago@debian.org>. apticron(1)